Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:41:39:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660647 Posts in 298612 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Time to Spike Rebel Names 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Time to Spike Rebel Names  (Read 2488 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #24 on: 06 30, 15, 04:06:03:PM » Reply

Lincoln, Sherman and Sheridan were war criminals but most have forgiven them for their crimes...   

Union Generals Grant and Sherman were slave owners as well. Confederate Generals Jackson and Lee were not.

General Grant made the comment that, "The sole object of this war is to restore the Union. Should I be convinced it has any other object, or that the government designs using its soldiers to execute the wishes of the abolitionists, I pledge to you my honor as a man and a soldier I would resign my commission and carry my sword to the other side" in a letter to the Chicago Tribune 1862.

Union General William T. Sherman said in 1864 "I am honest in my belief that it is not fair to my men to count negros as equals. Let us capture negros, of course, and use them to the best advantage."

Africans sold their OWN people into slavery and there is still slavery going on in other parts of the world. And do not think that blacks were the only ones in this country who were slaves.

If you are going to hold every white person accountable for the acts of whites AND blacks more than a lifetime ago, then go to Africa and hold them accountable as well. Until then, learn the facts before you speak. If you speak intellectually I will gladly listen to and respect you, otherwise I will blow you off as another ignorant individual who couldn't pay attention to true history to save your life.

Amy M. Wrobel

amy_wrobel@att.net
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #25 on: 06 30, 15, 10:34:59:PM » Reply

No. That's a historical fact. It's a historical fact that all ten Confederate officers named above waged war against the United States of America during the American Civil War; and, thus, by definition, committed treason against the United States and are, therefore, by definition, traitors. 

By our law, all are innocent until proven guilty. The Generals weren't even charged. So you have is a bigoted opinion Hawk. To put it another way and bring it closer to home for you  Kennedy was responsible, by definition, for Mary Jo's death yet he wasn't charged. So is he guilty of murder or manslaughter?

Speaking of history, the southern cross represented resistance to northern aggression. Nothing more. It was the democrats of the 60's, the KKK, and Roof who hijacked it to represent their racism.
KensanIV

« Reply #26 on: 06 30, 15, 10:39:12:PM » Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/politics/confederate-army-bases-names/

The Federal Govt says the "names will stay."

I think that all of us need to look at the class of the Charleston residents who took the recent terrible murders as nothing more than a deranged nut who was acting out on a fantasy.  They stood together in racial harmony.

There was none of the stupidity that the citizens of Ferguson

Perhaps Hawk could learn something from the citizens of Charleston about class.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #27 on: 06 30, 15, 11:07:05:PM » Reply

Perhaps Hawk could learn something from the citizens of Charleston about class.

Yup.

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #28 on: 07 01, 15, 12:58:14:PM » Reply

I didn't know a parrot could learn

I was aware of them repeating what they hear without understanding however

As displayed perfectly by 69BirdBrain and a few other left wing nuts here almost constantly!
1965hawks

« Reply #29 on: 07 01, 15, 02:12:54:PM » Reply

sweetwater5s9: Union Generals Grant and Sherman were slave owners as well. Confederate Generals Jackson and Lee were not.

sweetwater5s9,

Ulysses Grant and Phillip Sheridan did not betray their allegiance to their country and commit treason by waging war against it, however, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson did. Didn't they, sweetrevisionist5s9?

And, evidently, you're ignoring the fact that slave states Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, and Delaware did not secede from the Union. So your  tu quoque (fallacy of hypocrisy) is refuted.

And, by the way, there's no US army post named for Confederate General Thomas Jackson.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 07 01, 15, 02:19:37:PM » Reply

Ulysses Grant and Phillip Sheridan did not betray their allegiance to their country and commit treason by waging war against it

Of course they did just as Lincoln did.   All were war criminals.

General Grant made the comment that, "The sole object of this war is to restore the Union. Should I be convinced it has any other object, or that the government designs using its soldiers to execute the wishes of the abolitionists, I pledge to you my honor as a man and a soldier I would resign my commission and carry my sword to the other side" in a letter to the Chicago Tribune 1862.

Union General William T. Sherman said in 1864 "I am honest in my belief that it is not fair to my men to count negros as equals. Let us capture negros, of course, and use them to the best advantage."
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #31 on: 07 01, 15, 02:20:59:PM » Reply

Ulysses Grant, Lincoln and Phillip Sheridan committed treason

against the people of the US anf the constitution by committing war crimes

Crimes that Lee and Jackson didnt commit!~
1965hawks

« Reply #32 on: 07 01, 15, 02:32:16:PM » Reply

sine-qua-non: The left is shamed by their past and want to rewrite their history,

You always get it wrong, sin-qua-non. Some southerners are proud of their traitorous ancestors and the banner they marched under as they committed treason.

obviously small minds at work with big mouths

Well, you should know, since you obviously have a very small mind and a very big mouth. See?

Maybe the left still do have some shame, I'll keep looking!

Well, there's one thing for sure: Our forum doesn't have to look very far or very long to see that you don't have any sense at all.
1965hawks

« Reply #33 on: 07 01, 15, 02:39:47:PM » Reply

sine-qua-non: Ulysses Grant, Lincoln and Phillip Sheridan committed treason against the people of the US anf the constitution by committing war crimes Crimes that Lee and Jackson didnt commit!~ [sic]

Read that rigmarole you posted above, simpleminded-qua-nutcase.

And you want us to believe your dumb ass attended college, that you earned an A on a term paper?

BULLSHIT !

LOL
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #34 on: 07 01, 15, 02:42:49:PM » Reply

The left is shamed by their past and want to rewrite their history,

Yep, proven here almost daily now!

If i always get it wrong, how come you can never prove it when
I debunk the lefts lies you have so easily and blindly swallow Huh?

Some southerners are proud of their traitorous ancestors...

Some may be proud of Lincoln, Sherman and Sheridan traitor war criminals

but the post is about the leftards, you know Democrats ya spin moron dumb bunny!

Maybe the left still do have some shame, I'll keep looking

Still looking !!!!

one thing is for sure, any post by 69BirdBrsin is a parroted mindless post and easily debunkled!
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #35 on: 07 01, 15, 02:48:51:PM » Reply

And you want us to believe your dumb ass attended college, that you earned an A on a term paper?

You already proved that you havent been educated or gone to college 69BirdBrain

because you did you'd know that this has been a practice by schools for decades, dummy!

you gonna continue to dig your ignorant hole deeper now ...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Time to Spike Rebel Names
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About