Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:25:42:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653535 Posts in 297933 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: NW broils in record heat. Fourth of July in Portland, OR will be 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: NW broils in record heat. Fourth of July in Portland, OR will be  (Read 153 times)
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #24 on: 06 29, 15, 01:22:31:PM » Reply

So let the community of Chelan, Washington burn to the ground today by virtue of wildfire attacking it. Mother Nature will benefit.

Alaska - what the hell - there are millions and millions of acres up there - 101 million acres to be exact. Bigger than the east coast stretched out at its most pompous. So what the hell, right?

To a point.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #25 on: 06 29, 15, 01:36:46:PM » Reply

Alaska - what the hell - there are millions and millions of acres up there - 101 million acres to be exact. Bigger than the east coast stretched out at its most pompous. So what the hell, right?

Right.  Nature will benefit.  Better than undergrowth growing out of control, choking nutrients from forests.
a777pilot
Honored Member

« Reply #26 on: 06 29, 15, 01:37:31:PM » Reply

The NW is hot and dry.  Why should I care?  Texas was hot and dry for years.  No one cared in the NW.  I don't care about them now.
willam

« Reply #27 on: 06 29, 15, 01:46:15:PM » Reply

People move to Texas for the heat. It is no secret HEAT and TEXAS have historically always gone together.

You would not see me ever gravitate to heat, heat, never ending heat. Texas. Arizona. California. New Mexico. No way. No how.

Care about the Northwest - the nation's moistest region going up in flames this summer?

Oh what the hell, right?

Don't expend one federal dollars helping them out. When all other regions get help anytime extraordinary natural events occur here, there and everywhere else - but the Northwest.

It's just no f-ing big deal at all. Sure...
a777pilot
Honored Member

« Reply #28 on: 06 29, 15, 01:49:42:PM » Reply

Texas didn't get federal help when over a 1,000 homes were lost to wildfires.
willam

« Reply #29 on: 06 29, 15, 02:00:55:PM » Reply

Not one penny?

Governor Perry didn't ask for federal assistance for those 9,000 wildfires back in 2012 - In fact every single time Governor Perry asked for federal help - 25 times -the feds ponied up.

Sooo - what is YOUR POINT, about ignoring other state's emperilments?

I would imagine our Governor, Kate Brown, out here in Ore-GUN knows how to appropriately ask for federal assistance - every time a call for federal assistance is needed. What kept Governor Perry from doing his job?
a777pilot
Honored Member

« Reply #30 on: 06 29, 15, 02:17:01:PM » Reply

I'm sure she does.  Most, if not all Democrats, know how to get and spend other people's money.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #31 on: 06 29, 15, 11:36:12:PM » Reply

Willam - we went through the Cascades/Santiam Pass a week ago and couldn't believe Detroit Lake.  It looked like it was all beach with a puddle somewhere out there and the docks were all on dry land and the loss of all that water revealed all the tree stumps as far as the eye could see.  A sorry sight indeed.  We were glad to still see the snow on the mountain tops as at least there is still some run off into the rivers that are now streams.

We are not as bad off as Nevada where my son lives in Vegas or southern California where more family of mine are living.  Palm Springs is 114 degrees and Vegas is into the 100's too.  The trouble with the Willamette Valley here in Oregon is the humidity which is so high and you feel sticky the minute you step outside.  Hopefully some summer rain and the lower temps will come back soon.  There's always the coast to go visit.
willam

« Reply #32 on: 06 30, 15, 07:20:48:AM » Reply

Emily - you nailed it. HUMIDITY.

To have day after day after day of 90 degrees and beyond - is really devastating stuff. I didn't even attempt to put flowers in the yard this year. I am sticking to keeping the trees and bushes watered down. Everyone's lawn is brown now. IN JUNE to have brown lawns in Western Oregon - something else.

A year like none other. How many records will be broken before this heat wave is over.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #33 on: 06 30, 15, 07:13:36:PM » Reply

It's going to be all next week according to the weather forecasts and I'm heading for So. California to visit family.  There won't be a lot of difference!  My grandson is coming back from Peru where he has been on a college program at a research facility way down the Amazon and we are having a bbq for him so we can all hear about his big adventures.  When he has managed to get a text out he says he is bitten all over and it is so hot in the jungle.  I don't know what to expect when I see him but I won't be complaining about the weather.
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #34 on: 06 30, 15, 09:40:35:PM » Reply

WOW THE WEATHER IS HOT SOMEWHERE AND COLD SOMEWHERE WTF IT'S ALSO WET SOMEWHERE AND DRY SOMEWHERE AS WELL THAT IS ALWAYS THE CASE SHEESH! NEXT TIME IT SNOWS IN BUFFALO WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH OF A PITTY PARTY YOU CAN MUSTER FOR US!
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 06 30, 15, 11:44:27:PM » Reply

Well Uppy you might consider a pity party justified for Wenatchee and Central Washington State.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/massive-wildfire-rips-through-washington-state/
Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: NW broils in record heat. Fourth of July in Portland, OR will be
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory