Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:38:04:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653539 Posts in 297934 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!  (Read 28363 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #228 on: 06 05, 15, 11:34:22:AM » Reply

I've posted companies endorsed by the NRA that sell this insurance faxy.  why do you not want to acknowledge that?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #229 on: 06 05, 15, 11:40:53:AM » Reply

since there are no co-sponsors to House bill 1369...I highly doubt it will go further than a trash can.

Exactly... 

Do you have insurance that protects you from a criminal suing you if you have to use your firearm legally in self-defense in the home or in public, wvit?    That is what the Democrats want is for all gun owners to carry insurance when they have to use their gun legally for self-defense or not and may be sued by the perp or their family.   Maybe we need more laws to prevent legal self-defense firearm users from the abuse of lawsuits which would be a step in the right direction.   It is hard enough to go through the unavoidable trauma of using lethal force with a deadly criminal without being abused a second time in a court of law by criminals and their families.  Why are Democrats so blind?
wvit1001

« Reply #230 on: 06 05, 15, 11:44:43:AM » Reply

yes.  my insurance will protect me in all legal or accidental shooting situations. 
wvit1001

« Reply #231 on: 06 05, 15, 11:46:46:AM » Reply

now if I go out and intentionally shoot somebody as an illegal act then I'm on my own.
wvit1001

« Reply #232 on: 06 05, 15, 11:55:37:AM » Reply

since we were talking I decided to contact my insurance about my policy and asked him some questions.  these are my question and his responses -

Are my guns and any liability for them covered?  Yes they are

I know they are covered from theft but if someone was accidentally shot would the costs be covered?  Yes for something like a hunting accident

How about if it was self defense and someone was intentionally shot? Would anything coming from that be covered, like if the intruder was to file a lawsuit for shooting him?
That would be determined more by law enforcement and their report..  States have different interpretations on this

How about it the gun was away from the house, say target shooting on another property.  Would any liability be covered?
Target shooting and a poor aim would be covered under the liability section of your policy
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #233 on: 06 05, 15, 11:56:31:AM » Reply

The law would require gun buyers to have liability insurance coverage before being allowed to purchase a weapon and imposes a fine of $10,000 if an owner is found not to have the required coverage; service members and law enforcement officers are exempt from this insurance requirement.

Attempts to pass similar legislation requiring liability insurance in several states have failed.

So you will have to buy whatever insurance they require, wvit.   Yours probably does not qualify anymore than what ACA did to millions with healthcare insurance that was voided by the act.

The sponsors of the gun bill are loons and have been for a long time.   It will not go through the House and you know it wont, wvit.   

http://ifawebnews.com/2013/04/03/n-y-va-d-c-representatives-propose-federal-gun-insurance-law/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #234 on: 06 05, 15, 11:57:55:AM » Reply

That was a quick call, wvit.  Less than 6 minutes from being asked.   They must be desperate...
wvit1001

« Reply #235 on: 06 05, 15, 11:58:47:AM » Reply

I'm sure my insurance is sufficient.  It's a million dollar policy, which is way more than the proposed legislation was calling for.
wvit1001

« Reply #236 on: 06 05, 15, 12:00:07:PM » Reply

that that was an email from the other day sweaty when we started this thread.

I put the answers to your questions below.

Thanks
Mike
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2015, at 4:10 PM
wvit1001

« Reply #237 on: 06 05, 15, 12:01:30:PM » Reply

I'm not trying to trick you or confuse you sweaty.  This is an important topic.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #238 on: 06 05, 15, 12:02:45:PM » Reply

I'm sure my insurance is sufficient.  It's a million dollar policy, which is way more than the proposed legislation was calling for.
Nope, democrats will make sure there are so many conflicting requirements no affordable insurance will be possible!
wvit1001

« Reply #239 on: 06 05, 15, 12:05:41:PM » Reply

where did you see conflicting requirements D2?  Here's the proposed legislation -

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/1369/text
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 54 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory