Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 11:04:59:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662709 Posts in 298805 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!  (Read 29367 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #564 on: 07 03, 15, 04:20:58:PM » Reply

Massed forces, British and patriot, in the linear formations at which Cosby’s monologue pokes fun, fought the battles of Long Island, Brandywine, Monmouth Courthouse, Hobkirk’s Hill, White Plains, Germantown, Camden, and Cowpens, to name a few. Sometimes, as these engagements evolved, one side or the other retreated in disarray, and some soldiers sought protection behind fences or trees or other defensive barriers. But the battle plans developed by the generals relied on linear tactics in the European fashion that dominated eighteenth-century warfare.

American officers with prior military experience had learned the art of warfare under British commanders in the French and Indian War and other North American actions. Certainly, this was true of George Washington and many of his staff. Others, including Horatio Gates, were Englishmen who had served in the British army. When these men studied the art of warfare, they naturally were drawn to the writings of British tacticians and historians. The American foe of the Revolution had once been comrade and teacher.

But that just puts the question at one remove.

The answer is in the arms the armies used. The smoothbore military musket—the English version came to be known as the Brown Bess

Even so, both sides used companies of riflemen as skirmishers sent forward to engage the enemy in advance of the bulk of the force. One or two such companies often were attached to each regiment. They proved effective as light infantry, companies with speed and mobility, carrying little equipment and used for scouting and rapid deployment over great distances.

Then there is the romantic mythology surrounding the American militia, those intrepid citizen-soldiers whose battlefield heroics faced down the finest army in the world. Problem is, as Washington himself knew from the beginning of the conflict, militia was undependable, poorly trained, and generally ineffective on the field of battle. They came armed with civilian weapons ranging from fine rifles to cheap trade muskets to fowling pieces—known today as shotguns.

Washington called the militia “a broken staff” and consistently pressed the Continental Congress to authorize the recruitment of regular troops. These recruits became the Continental Army with which he prosecuted the Revolution. He worried that militiamen possessed “an unconquerable desire of returning to their respective homes” and that “shameful and scandalous desertions” might harm the morale of the regulars.

http://www.history.org/foundation/journal/winter08/tactics.cfm
caserio1

« Reply #565 on: 07 03, 15, 04:25:29:PM » Reply

the first battle was won by the rebels using indian tactics and benedict arnolds

military skills

but we doan need no more rebels we got a representative government
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #566 on: 07 03, 15, 04:38:53:PM » Reply

The civilian militia was primarily effective as snipers in irregular Guerrilla warfare which the British considered not gentlemanly, even though they raised hell killing British officers and troops, except when the CA needed them in their ranks and many volunteered where they saved the South from British supremacy.   The British were probably racists...
wvit1001

« Reply #567 on: 07 03, 15, 04:41:13:PM » Reply

Then there is the romantic mythology surrounding the American militia, those intrepid citizen-soldiers whose battlefield heroics faced down the finest army in the world. Problem is, as Washington himself knew from the beginning of the conflict, militia was undependable, poorly trained, and generally ineffective on the field of battle. They came armed with civilian weapons ranging from fine rifles to cheap trade muskets to fowling pieces—known today as shotguns.

Washington called the militia “a broken staff” and consistently pressed the Continental Congress to authorize the recruitment of regular troops. These recruits became the Continental Army with which he prosecuted the Revolution. He worried that militiamen possessed “an unconquerable desire of returning to their respective homes” and that “shameful and scandalous desertions” might harm the morale of the regulars.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #568 on: 07 03, 15, 04:50:54:PM » Reply

The American Revolution could not have been won without the civilian militia.

Washington
and some of his generals, notably Daniel Morgan and Nathanael Greene, learned to use the militia as auxiliary troops around a core of regulars with triumphant effect at battles such as Cowpens. At Saratoga the militia poured in after the Continentals had proved they could fight the British army to a standstill. Their raw numbers convinced General John Burgoyne that he was hopelessly surrounded. When the British invaded New Jersey in 1780, the militia, knowing the Continental army was in nearby Morristown, fought vigorously.

When the war shifted to the South and the southern Continental army was virtually destroyed by successive defeats at Savannah, Charleston and Camden, the militia under the leadership of those such as Thomas Sumter, carried the brunt of resistance.

At Bennington and Kings Mountain, the militia, again led by experienced officers, scored victories without the help of Continentals. When Washington marched to Yorktown, he left New Jersey completely in the hands of the militia. The conclusion seems inescapable: the militia could not have won the war alone but the war probably could not have been won without them.

After the battle of Springfield, two voices summed up the appeal of both types of soldiers. One of Washington’s officers, who remembered the starvation and neglect the regulars had endured during the brutal winter of 1780 in Morristown, wrote:”l cherish those dear ragged Continentals, whose patience will be the admiration of future ages, and I glory in bleeding with them .”

Our historical research and writing has been featured by TIME, Slate, Smithsonian, Bloomberg, UPI, AHA, Huffington Post, History News Network, MSNBC and National Public Radio.
KensanIV

« Reply #569 on: 07 03, 15, 10:58:38:PM » Reply

Wvit, There is NO ROMANCE about getting shot at, by those who are trying to kill you.  You put on the uniform because your country requires (note I did not say requests) you to do so.  And you follow the dictates of those appointed over you.

If they say, "Go here," or "go there"  Except for some R&R in Bangkok, I recall no romance in wearing the uniform.  And that kind of romance depended on how much money you had to spend.  Other than that, it was just trying to make it thru another day.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #570 on: 07 04, 15, 12:36:36:AM » Reply

If the Law-Abiding Citizens of America saw any benefit from Gun Registration, they would be petitioning the Govt to do it!!!

WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

« Reply #571 on: 07 04, 15, 11:11:28:AM » Reply

Happy Independence Day to America, where we used to have many freedoms!!

wvit1001

« Reply #572 on: 07 04, 15, 11:15:14:AM » Reply

I have plenty of guns wavy and I don't feel like my rights to own them are under siege at all.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

« Reply #573 on: 07 04, 15, 11:32:04:AM » Reply

wet-xxxx......  Your guns don't count.

wvit1001

« Reply #574 on: 07 04, 15, 11:36:56:AM » Reply

my guns are just as good as yours wavy

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #575 on: 07 04, 15, 11:37:27:AM » Reply

You probably live in a red state, wvit and have never applied for a CCW permit nor own a center fire semi-auto modern sporting rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 54 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory