Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:48:43:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653524 Posts in 297930 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!  (Read 28362 times)
wvit1001

« Reply #252 on: 06 05, 15, 01:07:04:PM » Reply

yes it does, but what if your bullet travels past the intruder and across the street and strikes your neighbor?   who is going to pay for that when the neighbor sues you?

or what if you're out at the shooting range practicing and you accidentally discharge the gun and the bullet strikes someone?  who is going to pay for that lawsuit?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #253 on: 06 05, 15, 01:09:32:PM » Reply

yes it does, but what if your bullet travels past the intruder and across the street and strikes your neighbor?   who is going to pay for that when the neighbor sues you?

or what if you're out at the shooting range practicing and you accidentally discharge the gun and the bullet strikes someone?  who is going to pay for that lawsuit?
Who every has the deepest pockets!

Life is filled with risks and no one can afford insurance to cover every risk possible!

This is nothing more than an attempt to make the victims of theft liable for what a criminal does with stolen weapons!

Should mandatory weapons insurance be imposed, lawyers will begins suing victims of theft and insurance companies as is their nature will pay out thereby establishing liability!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #254 on: 06 05, 15, 01:12:11:PM » Reply

since there are no co-sponsors to House bill 1369...I highly doubt it will go further than a trash can.

Exactly... 
wvit1001

« Reply #255 on: 06 05, 15, 01:12:28:PM » Reply

if you leave your gun laying around in an unlocked car and someone opens the door and steals it are you liable?  that would be up to the courts.

you, as a responsible gun owner, have some responsibility to make sure your gun is secure.  would a jury consider leaving your gun in an unlocked car something a prudent and responsible gun owner would do?

this all comes down to a legal question of proximate cause.

Proximate Cause

An act from which an injury results as a natural, direct, uninterrupted consequence and without which the injury would not have occurred.

Proximate cause is the primary cause of an injury. It is not necessarily the closest cause in time or space nor the first event that sets in motion a sequence of events leading to an injury. Proximate cause produces particular, foreseeable consequences without the intervention of any independent or unforeseeable cause. It is also known as legal cause.

To help determine the proximate cause of an injury in Negligence or other tort cases, courts have devised the "but for" or "sine qua non" rule, which considers whether the injury would not have occurred but for the defendant's negligent act. A finding that an injury would not have occurred but for a defendant's act establishes that the particular act or omission is the proximate cause of the harm, but it does not necessarily establish liability since a variety of other factors can come into play in tort actions.

Some jurisdictions apply the "substantial factor" formula to determine proximate cause. This rule considers whether the defendant's conduct was a substantial factor in producing the harm. If the act was a substantial factor in bringing about the damage, then the defendant will be held liable unless she can raise a sufficient defense to rebut the claims.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/proximate+cause
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #256 on: 06 05, 15, 01:13:45:PM » Reply

Wvit finally admits the true nature of the bill!

How sad!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #257 on: 06 05, 15, 01:14:23:PM » Reply

since there are no co-sponsors to House bill 1369...I highly doubt it will go further than a trash can.

Exactly... 

Let us know when it comes up for a vote in the House, wvit, LOL...   You and the anti-gun nuts lose again.
wvit1001

« Reply #258 on: 06 05, 15, 01:16:57:PM » Reply

with or without this legislation a responsible gun owner should carry insurance on their guns.  wouldn't you agree sweaty?  The NRA endorses insuring your weapons.
wvit1001

« Reply #259 on: 06 05, 15, 01:19:51:PM » Reply

proximate cause is why someone who leaves a loaded gun under the bed is found negligent if a child finds that gun and shoots someone.  The proximate cause of the shooting was leaving a loaded gun where a child could get ahold of it.
D2D

« Reply #260 on: 06 05, 15, 01:21:20:PM » Reply

Wvit, what if the "child" finds it in the process of burglarizing a home?
wvit1001

« Reply #261 on: 06 05, 15, 01:23:11:PM » Reply

that would be up to a jury.  but whatever the jury found your having insurance on the gun or not wouldn't make any difference with their finding.
D2D

« Reply #262 on: 06 05, 15, 01:26:08:PM » Reply

Wrong, as having insurance would mean it would be settled out of court establishing liability for all!

If a person steals a car and kills several people with it is the owner of that care liable?
wvit1001

« Reply #263 on: 06 05, 15, 01:35:01:PM » Reply

so now your back to guessing again.   It would be up to your attorney and you whether it would be settled out of court or not.  If they were suing you for monetary damages it would be a civil suit.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 54 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Sneaky Way To Register Guns!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory