Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 10:59:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660927 Posts in 298643 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown  (Read 144 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #12 on: 05 22, 15, 09:51:13:AM » Reply

Does it come as shock to you liberals to be told that LBJ'S war on poverty and his great society was the start of government control over a certain group of people that would keep them for ever dependent on the government, and living at the feet of the government.

I know you liberals are proud at what you accomplished by returning the black citizen to the democrat plantation, when in fact you should be ashamed.
wvit1001

« Reply #13 on: 05 22, 15, 09:57:08:AM » Reply

people move in and out of poverty all the time.  You blammey seem to like to just lump all the poor people together.

Most people on food stamps are either old and can't work, or they are the very young.

It's a shame that you hold onto so many bigoted beliefs.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #14 on: 05 22, 15, 09:59:08:AM » Reply

Does it come as shock to you liberals to be told that LBJ'S war on poverty and his great society was the start of government control over a certain group of people that would keep them for ever dependent on the government, and living at the feet of the government.

I know you liberals are proud at what you accomplished by returning the black citizen to the democrat plantation, when in fact you should be ashamed.

no, that never happened.  how are you so gullible you think that happened?  the south is controlled by dumbass republicans and teabaggers and a higher percentage of people in the south use government benefits.  just how uninformed are you, boy?

and there is this:

Over the last two decades, large shares of SNAP households have become working households. In 1989, 42 percent of all SNAP households received cash welfare benefits and only 20 percent had earned income. By 2010, over three times as many SNAP households worked as relied solely on welfare benefits for their income.

Despite the large jump in unemployment during the recession, the share of SNAP families with earnings has continued to increase in recent years.  This suggests that for a growing share of the nation's workers, having a job has not been enough to keep them out of poverty. [CBPP, 7/9/12]

... Or Are Seniors Or Children

USDA: In 2010, Most SNAP Participants Were "Children Or Elderly." According to the USDA report, most SNAP participants in 2010 "were children or elderly" Americans:

Most SNAP participants were children or elderly. Nearly half (47 percent) were under age 18 and another 8 percent were age 60 or older. Working-age women represented 28 percent of the caseload, while working-age men represented 17 percent. [USDA.gov, September 2011, emphasis original]

USA Today: Many SNAP Beneficiaries Were "Children Under Age 18," "Age 60 Or Older," Or "Working Poor." A January 18 USA Today article described what types of people receive SNAP benefits, according to the same USDA report:

Who gets food stamps?

The most recent Department of Agriculture report on the general characteristics of the SNAP program's beneficiaries says that in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2010:

••47% of beneficiaries were children under age 18.

••8% were age 60 or older.

••41% lived in a household with earnings from a job -- the so-called "working poor."

••The average household received a monthly benefit of $287.

••36% were white (non-Hispanic), 22% were African American (non-Hispanic) and 10% were Hispanic. [USA Today, 1/18/12.]
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 05 22, 15, 10:01:08:AM » Reply

hoosier 20% to 23% of spending is spent on welfare and food stamps, with the addition of obamacare implemented into the welfare rolls that spending could now reach 30% or a lot more, depending on just how many millions was added to Medicaid.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: 05 22, 15, 10:08:28:AM » Reply

Your failure to understand the outcome of the politics you support hoosier is your problem not mine, and your lack of understanding that democrats are now in control of blacks and keep them living in ghettos and in poverty and dependent on government is another problem you have. When you can't accept truth and facts then you are destined to remain stupid!

No one is denying that whites are also dependent on government.

jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #17 on: 05 22, 15, 10:10:50:AM » Reply

Democrats must think they are pretty slick...as once they got the black population re-enslaved...they've now set sites on all other Americans...by driving jobs overseas. 

BTW...anyone else find it odd libs point their fingers at President Bush...for the 2008 economic meltdown...when democrats themselves put in place the policies causing said meltdown?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 05 22, 15, 10:12:45:AM » Reply

Shhhhh, Liberals are trying to forget that, along with a lot of other problems they caused!
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #19 on: 05 22, 15, 10:12:58:AM » Reply

Are you telling us that Mommy and Daddy (if known) don't partake of that food at all.  That the entire $287 bucks go into the kids bellies?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #20 on: 05 22, 15, 10:15:51:AM » Reply

read what it says, idiot, and you won't have to ask.  god.  how stupid are you?  the adults in the house are counted, too.  what are you even talking about, clown?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #21 on: 05 22, 15, 10:18:32:AM » Reply

hoosier 20% to 23% of spending is spent on welfare and food stamps, with the addition of obamacare implemented into the welfare rolls that spending could now reach 30% or a lot more, depending on just how many millions was added to Medicaid.

* 2015 discretionary budget.png (35.28 KB, 648x480 - viewed 10 times.)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 05 22, 15, 10:41:24:AM » Reply

Spending on defense is estimated to be 13% for 2015, 12% for 2016 12% for 2017.   WHY DO YOU LIE HOOSIER?

Welfare and health total 29% of overall spending which is putting both at a very low rate the question is why?
wvit1001

« Reply #23 on: 05 22, 15, 10:46:27:AM » Reply

We should be spending more to help our own people than we spend on our military.  Especially since we aren't fighting any wars anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory