Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 11:37:30:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660516 Posts in 298597 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown  (Read 143 times)
dont-blameme
Contributor

« on: 05 22, 15, 09:14:32:AM » Reply

it has failed, the continued expansion of the democrat welfare state takes away from 47% of the American People their chance of ever being self supportive. Even 1% or 2% poverty level should be uncalled for in a free society were achievement is based on one's ability and not restricted government control, in order to harvest votes at election time.

Our founders had a vision, for a free society  our founders also warned about the type of people that would have a vision of a controlled society. They had perfect eye sight, of what could come to pass when you don't think enough of your country to keep it free and strong, and require our leaders to follow the constitution and the rule of law!

Election 2016 may be the last chance America will ever have to restore this country to the Republic that our founders gave us and left it up to us to keep!
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 05 22, 15, 09:30:44:AM » Reply

Poverty isn't an issue to be solved, we will never be able to rid ourselves of poverty.

"Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here's a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, 'You stand there' or 'Sit on the floor by my feet,' have you not discriminated among yourselves and becomes judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom He promised those who love Him? But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?"
- James 2:2-6

The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.
- Matthew 26:11
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #2 on: 05 22, 15, 09:31:52:AM » Reply

why is there a war on murder?  after all, murders are still going on and we have spent millions upon millions upon billions fighting murder.  huge expensive polices forces, huge expensive court rooms and justice systems, built huge expensive prison systems, staffed with wardens, doctors, and guards and we still have people being murdered every day in this country.  why not just give up and quit spending any dough trying to mitigate it?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 05 22, 15, 09:38:44:AM » Reply

So hoosier what you're saying is the expansion of the government run welfare state is a good thing and it doesn't add to poverty, by keeping people dependent on government hand outs?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 05 22, 15, 09:40:47:AM » Reply

no.  so what you are saying is you do not know to read worth a shit?  maybe you should have tried harder to finish 5th grade, boy.  you are paying for it now. 
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #5 on: 05 22, 15, 09:41:49:AM » Reply

dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 05 22, 15, 09:42:51:AM » Reply

Since Jan 2009 we have added more people to the welfare food stamp roles than any other time in our history, when you have almost as many depending on government as you do supporting government you are heading to a point of no return for a collapse of the system.
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 05 22, 15, 09:45:19:AM » Reply

Thats the intent.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 05 22, 15, 09:45:22:AM » Reply

This last recession hit lots of people hard didn't it blammey.  It's a good thing they had food stamps to fall back on.
littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 05 22, 15, 09:47:03:AM » Reply

If the War on Poverty had been even modestly successful, then our bloated and corrupt federal government would not be so huge. To keep their cushy retirement, healthcare and tenured jobs, federal employees must have an ever growing poor and dependant population. Resistance is futile.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #10 on: 05 22, 15, 09:49:19:AM » Reply

what a lie. it is not any part of the war on poverty that takes up more than 5% of our budget, you idiot.  it is the bloated military budget that eats up our discretionary budget and keeps exploding year after year even after our real one and only threat, the soviet union, imploded 25 years ago. 
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 05 22, 15, 09:49:39:AM » Reply

Poverty is the Democrat cause and effect.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why is there still a war on poverty, when all indicators have shown
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory