Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 02:19:24:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659587 Posts in 298509 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech  (Read 227 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 05 21, 15, 07:57:22:PM » Reply

The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech

Lifelong liberal Kirsten Powers blasts the Left's forced march towards conformity in an exposé of the illiberal war on free speech. No longer champions of tolerance and free speech, the "illiberal Left" now viciously attacks and silences anyone with alternative points of view.  Powers asks, "What ever happened to free speech in America?"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Silencing-Left-Killing-Speech/dp/1621573702
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 15, 08:02:30:PM » Reply

really?  are they banning people from internet boards?  just who is she talking about?  any examples?  why do you believe her?  do you think a lot of time people write totally batshit crazy lies in books just to try and sell them to unsuspecting drain clogs and other right wingers?
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 15, 08:04:32:PM » Reply

WHEN THE LEFT CANNOT DISPUTE THE FACTS THEY ATTACK THE AUTHOR! LOL RIGHT OF OF THE ALINSKY HANDBOOK!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 15, 08:08:46:PM » Reply

The left will accuse you of racism, sexism or homophobia in order to shut you up.  They are not interested in free speech or dialogue.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 15, 08:11:37:PM » Reply

really?  are they banning people from internet boards? 

Well, they sure did over at Joy's board. And the only ones who get banned here are the totally rude  loud mouths who engulf themselves in 5 year old Hateful tantrums spewing vicious personal attacks on anyone they disagree with. If you know anyone like, do me a favor and let them know they are again skating on thin ice. I really don't want to kick them out for good, but I will. Really.

just who is she talking about?  any examples?

Well, I heard a quote yesterday that probably offers somewhat of an explanation: "The Left belong to a society that is decadent. And they can't un-decadent themselves so they attack the Right for not being like them."

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 15, 08:12:44:PM » Reply

poor babies.  accused of being what you are by people who are just reading what you write!!  how wimpy of you to believe that is somehow killing free speech!!  how easily intimidated you little boys are. 
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 15, 08:17:15:PM » Reply

Isn't that what you are trying to say about belief systems?  That you can believe what you want, but that still does not make it true.
Am I right in that?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 05 21, 15, 08:21:37:PM » Reply

yes, i certainly believe just because a person believes something that somehow that means whatever they believe is true.  what i do not believe is how you boys think the left is somehow killing free speech...especially since you cannot even come up with one example. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #8 on: 05 21, 15, 08:26:51:PM » Reply

you cannot even come up with one example.

Chick fil-A CEO (silenced for opining about gay marriage)
Harvard Dean Lawrence Summers (silenced for suggesting men and women were wired differently)
Phil Robertson (silenced for opining about gay marriage)
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 05 21, 15, 08:32:54:PM » Reply

you cannot even come up with one example.

* You are an example. You are here all day trying to shut people up because you don't like what they say. 
* Colleges are an example of yelling down conservative speakers or outright cancelling their event altogether.
* Attempting (and sometimes succeeding) in prohibiting certain language which makes "some person" uncomfortable
* Political Correctness.

You might also want to listen to the audio of the book at:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Silencing-Left-Killing-Speech/dp/1621573702

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #10 on: 05 21, 15, 08:37:57:PM » Reply

how were they silenced?  so now you are saying refusing to do business with someone who supports the discrimination of gay people with money they make off their customers is "killing free speech?"  aren't you saying you don't agree with free speech if you bitch about them SPEAKING UP ABOUT CHIK FIL A'S BIAS and taking positive steps to limit how much money they can make to support those discrimination efforts?  get it?

how was harvard dean lawrence summers silenced? are you saying a person cannot be judged by what he says, especially if the business or school or company he works for agrees his comments reflect badly upon that entity?  aren't you trying to deny people the right to SPEAK OUT AGAINST THOSE WHO SAY STUPID, EMBARRASSING THINGS THAT REFLECT BADLY UPON YOUR COMPANY, YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR TEAM, YOUR RACE, YOUR SEX, YOUR POLITICAL PARTY, YOUR RELIGION?  surely ted cruz has said a whole lot of stupid shit even you were appalled by and made you wish he would shut the hell up. 

basically, what you timid teabaggers are saying is that nobody has the right to object to what anybody says, no matter how stupid, dishonest or crazy, because THEN, SOMEHOW, YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL FREE SPEECH.  wow, you boys  are so easily initimidated!!  just commenting on how stupid and dishonest your comments are makes you think your rights are being violated. 
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #11 on: 05 21, 15, 08:40:31:PM » Reply

how were they silenced?

They were made examples of to intimidate others from speaking out.

There have been boycott efforts to punish those who did not toe the liberal party line.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Silencing: How the Left is Killing Free Speech
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory