Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 02:57:02:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662019 Posts in 298750 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ferguson protesters are now protesting they didn't get paid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Ferguson protesters are now protesting they didn't get paid  (Read 101 times)
ttopcat

« on: 05 20, 15, 11:43:49:PM » Reply

http://news.investors.com/Blogs-Capital-Hill/052015-753642-ferguson-protesters-complain-about-not-getting-paid.htm
The checks in the mail suckers.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #1 on: 05 21, 15, 12:16:32:AM » Reply

Sharpton will pay the protesters right after he pays his Fed Taxes!!!!!!

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 05 21, 15, 12:27:23:AM » Reply

With every passing day liberals find new ways do demonstrate their phoniness!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 05 21, 15, 03:14:14:AM » Reply

LOL, only in America will someone pay you to tear a city apart and burn it to the ground...

What is this world coming to?
ttopcat

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 15, 06:53:43:AM » Reply

Good question what is coming to?
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #5 on: 05 21, 15, 07:11:06:AM » Reply

a lying report from a lying right wing site.  as usual.  see how there is no source for what the author claims?  he does talk about MORE, even a link to them needing to "cut a check," but when you follow that link, it talks about 150 grand it has in funding that has not been appropriated for economic stimulus projects in st. louis, it is just sitting there.  nothing to do with the ferguson protests.  we all know that many right wing pep rallies have people bused in from all over- free busing to washington for beck's rally, plus food and beverages, to increase his turnout....was that wrong, too?  by the way, PROTESTS ARE LEGAL, THEY ARE NOT DESTROYING THE COMMUNITY, THEY ARE A PROTECTED RIGHT OF CITIZENS...you do not get to decide who can protest or why.  here is evidence of how biased Investors.com is:

Investor's Business Daily also carries editorials and columns on topics from "economics and government to politics and culture". It carries columns from writers it describes as "On The Left and On The Right", including L. Brent Bozell, Richard Cohen, E. J. Dionne, Victor Davis Hanson, Charles Krauthammer, and Thomas Sowell. Of these columnists, E.J. Dionne and Richard Cohen represent the liberal view, and the others represent the right. Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Michael Ramirez (very right wing) has worked for IBD since late 2005. Investor's Business Daily also publishes editorials skeptical of peak oil and global warming, often proposing alternate solutions.

In 2009, the editorial made a factual error that became well known. On July 31, 2009, an editorial in Investor's Business Daily claimed that physicist Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the [British] National Health Service (NHS) would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless." Hawking has always lived in the U.K. and receives his medical care from the NHS, and IBD later removed the erroneous editorial's reference to Hawking in its online version, and appended an "Editor's Note" which said, "This version corrects the original editorial which implied that physicist Stephen Hawking, a professor at the University of Cambridge, did not live in the UK.". The editorial was widely derided in the mainstream press. Hawking himself responded: "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS. I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

yeah, what a great source you right wingers used. 
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #6 on: 05 21, 15, 07:23:43:AM » Reply

And your source is your keyboard, so that makes you superior. Your proof is your denial.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 05 21, 15, 07:47:08:AM » Reply

In December, IBD noted that most of the protesters getting arrested weren't local residents but people bussed in from groups like the New Black Panthers, the U.S. Human Rights Network and the ANSWER Coalition.

Later, after the riots in Baltimore erupted, Fox News reported that as many as 50 social media accounts were tied to both those and the Ferguson protests, suggesting the presence of "professional protesters."

Now some of the "protesters" themselves are complaining that they never got paid.

In mid-May, Millennial Activists United organized a sit-in at the Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment offices. The reason: MORE owed the protesters money.

The group complained that MORE "created a joint account in which national donors from all over the world have donated over $150,000 to sustain the movement," but "the poor black people of this movement ... have seen little to none of that money."

A letter posted by the group went on to claim, "Organizers and protesters depleted $50,000 of the available funds and dispersed it among the people in the movement in no particular order." They even started a Twitter hashtag to encourage MORE to cough up the money: #cutthecheck.

There's nothing wrong with protesters getting paid. It's a free country, and they have to make a living, too. But maybe these protesters should think about joining a union before they hit the streets next time.

BY JOHN MERLINE

05/20/2015

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/120114-728622-ferguson-becoming-a-revolutionary-tourist-wonderland.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/04/28/social-media-analysis-suggests-links-between-baltimore-and-ferguson-violence/

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/matthew-vadum/ferguson-rent-a-mobs-exposed/

http://millennialau.tumblr.com/post/119036235946/cutthecheck
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #8 on: 05 21, 15, 07:51:29:AM » Reply

see, fox agrees. that proves it's a lie.  why did you repeat the lie, though?  and the big lie is that if you count free bus trips and accomodations and food and beverages, a whole bunch of protesters, conventioneers, rally attendees and other politically connected people attending big political events are sponsored or paid outright.  so what, basically. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 05 21, 15, 08:02:17:AM » Reply

Catherine Herridge is an award-winning Chief Intelligence correspondent for FOX News Channel (FNC) based in Washington, D.C. She covers intelligence, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/04/28/social-media-analysis-suggests-links-between-baltimore-and-ferguson-violence/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 05 21, 15, 08:05:31:AM » Reply

Millennial Activists United

#CutTheCheck

— 5 days ago with 127 notes
#ferguson 

http://millennialau.tumblr.com/post/119036235946/cutthecheck

There's nothing wrong with protesters getting paid. It's a free country, and they have to make a living, too. But maybe these protesters should think about joining a union before they hit the streets next time.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 05 21, 15, 10:08:52:AM » Reply

you missed the part where that article was not talking about ferguson protesters saying that.  why edit that part out?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ferguson protesters are now protesting they didn't get paid
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory