Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 07:52:14:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662691 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Brown's family will bring wrongful death suit against Ferguson, Mo. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Brown's family will bring wrongful death suit against Ferguson, Mo.  (Read 7858 times)
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #12 on: 04 23, 15, 02:22:04:PM » Reply

If race-baiter Eric Holder couldn't find a way to bring federal charges against Darren Wilson over Brown's death, why do you think that his money-hungry family will succeed in a wrongful-death suit?  I realize that the standard of evidence is a lot lower in a civil wrongful-death suit, but Holder had plenty of motivation to bring charges (Obama and fellow race-baiters Sharpton and Jackson were pressing him HARD) and he couldn't find a way to make anything stick - because WILSON was JUSTIFIED in what he did.

The only way they'll get anything is if the city decides to settle with them.
1965hawks

« Reply #13 on: 04 23, 15, 02:27:28:PM » Reply

anchoragedan: Did you know the whole "hands up, don't shoot" narrative was a complete lie?

Your assertion is irrelevant. The "Hands up! Don't shoot!" slogan won't be the issue in the wrongful death suit Michael Brown's family will bring against Ferguson, Missouri, and Brown's killer. Liabililty will be the issue and the probability is high that Mike's family will win their case.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #14 on: 04 23, 15, 02:32:11:PM » Reply

The "Hands up! Don't shoot!" slogan won't be the issue in the wrongful death suit

Right, because that was proven to be a lie.  The fact is Brown's death was NOT wrongful, but justified.

Liability will be the issue and the probability is high that Mike's family will win their case.

If liability is the issue, then that falls on Brown, as HE was the one who caused his own death.  Brown's family has no evidence whatsoever to support their case.

Brown's family is lucky Ferguson is not suing them for all the destruction to their city their son caused.
1965hawks

« Reply #15 on: 04 23, 15, 02:35:46:PM » Reply

bhsgrad1972: An ad hominem attack against Attorney General Holder and Rev. Al Sharpton doesn't support your argument. The federal charge against Wilson was that he violated Mike's federally guaranteed civil rights. Justice Department lawyers concluded that they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute Wilson on those charges and win. so they dropped the charges against him. On the other hand, the Brown's wrongful death suit is entirely different from the federal case.

Yes. You're absolutely correct--the bar is set much lower in a civil suit. And it's that fact that will allow attorneys to easily prove that Wilson and the City of Ferguson, Missouri, are liable for the wrongful death of Michael Brown.   

Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #16 on: 04 23, 15, 02:42:05:PM » Reply

I do believe they tried to lay a >criminal< charge on him.  They determined they didn't have enough evidence to pursue a Criminal prosecution.  The Wrongful Death is a >Civil< action, not a >Criminal< action.  The rules in Civil court regards evidence, etc, are far different than the rules in Criminal Court.  It is far easier to get a "conviction" in a  Civil action than in a Criminal action with the same evidence and circumstances.

Personally I think the concepts of "Wrongful Death" and "Class Action" in Civil Law are an atrocity.  If I recall these were introduce when RFK was Atty General.  One could argue they were necessary in the early days of the Civil Rights when the courts in many states were still quite biased.  RFK thought the Minority community need recourse to biased decisions from States courts.  Those days are pretty well past.  I don't believe they should have existed in the first place, and defiantly shouldn't exist now.
1965hawks

« Reply #17 on: 04 23, 15, 02:55:46:PM » Reply

anchoragedan: Right, because that was proven to be a lie.  The fact is Brown's death was NOT wrongful, but justified.

dan,

When and where was Wilson's killing of Michael Brown proven to be a justifiable homicide?

If liability is the issue, then that falls on Brown, as HE was the one who caused his own death.  Brown's family has no evidence whatsoever to support their case.

When and where was it proven that Brown was liable for his own death? When and where was Wilson acquitted of Mike's death? On what do you base your assertion?

Brown's family is lucky Ferguson is not suing them for all the destruction to their city their son caused.

Michael Brown's family is in no way responsible for any destruction of property that occurred in the wake of Mike's death. And the City of Ferguson would be the laughing stock of the world if they were to attempt to bring such an obviously frivolous suit against Mike's family.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #18 on: 04 23, 15, 02:58:31:PM » Reply

And it's that fact that will allow attorneys to easily prove that Wilson and the City of Ferguson, Missouri, are liable for the (rightful) death of Michael Brown.   

Without any evidence to support their claim how can they prove it?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #19 on: 04 23, 15, 03:00:31:PM » Reply

When and where was Wilson's killing of Michael Brown proven to be a justifiable homicide?

Last year in Ferguson.  Why?
KensanIV

« Reply #20 on: 04 23, 15, 03:01:24:PM » Reply

I volunteer to be on that jury... But on second thought, there is no way in hell that the city of Ferguson can be found liable for the death of this street thug.
1965hawks

« Reply #21 on: 04 23, 15, 03:07:13:PM » Reply

anchoragedan: Last year in Ferguson.

Refresh my memory, dan: What court of law in Ferguson, Missouri,  ruled that Michael Brown's murder was justifiable homicide? What court of law ruled that Mike was liable for his own death? What court of law in Ferguson, Missouri, acquitted Wilson of the murder of Michael Brown?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 04 23, 15, 03:09:24:PM » Reply

If the cops committed a wrongful death with Brown then they violated his civil rights, hawky....   You lose again...   So will the suit....   Had Brown been white you would not have opened your racist pie hole, hawky...     
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #23 on: 04 23, 15, 03:11:59:PM » Reply

Refresh my memory

Last year in Ferguson, the results of the investigations found no wrongdoing on Wilson's part.  It was determined that Brown did in fact try to wrestle Wilson's gun and punch Wilson in the face.  It was determined that Brown did indeed charge at Wilson.

Ring any bells?

What court of law in Ferguson, Missouri

The Ferguson court.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Brown's family will bring wrongful death suit against Ferguson, Mo.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory