Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 09:14:18:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660582 Posts in 298604 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America  (Read 17928 times)
1965hawks

« Reply #180 on: 05 06, 15, 11:41:35:AM » Reply

jst-the-fax: Use your "self-perceived" superior intellect...and tell me/us...which demographic/race/class, commits the vast majority of these gun violence crimes?

You're confused again, jst-the-fax. The issue here is the high cost of gun violence, not which race or class commits the most criminal acts using a firearm. Sounds like you're up to your old race-baiting tricks again. Isn't that right, jst-no-fax?

LOL

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #181 on: 05 06, 15, 11:43:38:AM » Reply

If you want to reduce the cost of gun violence I suggest you advocate longer prison sentencing for criminals and greater control of criminals on parole!
1965hawks

« Reply #182 on: 05 06, 15, 11:56:20:AM » Reply

Insert Quote

D2D: If you want to reduce the cost of gun violence I suggest you advocate longer prison sentencing for criminals and greater control of criminals on parole!

Why do you and your fellow gun nuts continue babbling about criminals,D2D? The vast majority of gun violence in the US isn't committed by criminals.
1965hawks

« Reply #183 on: 05 06, 15, 12:00:14:PM » Reply

sweetwater5s9: England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.

But are England the other industrialised countries of the world burdened with the same high cost of gun violence as the United States?

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #184 on: 05 06, 15, 12:07:27:PM » Reply

Insert Quote

D2D: If you want to reduce the cost of gun violence I suggest you advocate longer prison sentencing for criminals and greater control of criminals on parole!

Why do you and your fellow gun nuts continue babbling about criminals,D2D? The vast majority of gun violence in the US isn't committed by criminals.
A lie!

You have no proof of that!

Basic to the debates on gun control is the fact that most violent crime is committed by repeat offenders. Dealing with recidivism is key to solving violence.
• 71% of gunshot victims had previous arrest records.
• 64% had been convicted of a crime.
• Each had an average of 11 prior arrests.150,151
• 63% of victims have criminal histories and 73% of the time they know their assailant (twice as often as victims without criminal histories).152
Most gun violence is between criminals. This should be the public policy focus.

150 Richard Lumb, Paul Friday, City of Charlotte Gunshot Study, Department of Criminal Justice, 1994
151 Homicides and Non-Fatal Shootings: A Report on the First 6 Months Of 2009, Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission, July 13, 2009
152 Firearm-related Injury Incidents in 1999 – Annual Report, San Francisco Department of Public Health and San Francisco Injury Center, February 2002
1965hawks

« Reply #185 on: 05 06, 15, 12:09:09:PM » Reply

D2D: Hawks is one of those mindless posters who is capable of nothing more than parroting the party line! Actually defending the logic of what he posts is something he cannot do!

And evidently D2D still believes she can refute an argument by attacking the arguer instead of attacking the argument itself and pointing out where it lacks merit.

The simple fact is self defense is not a cost to society!

Here's the simple fact, D2D: The issue here isn't self-defense; it's the true cost of gun violence in America. Based on your non-stop babbling about self-defense, evidently that's a simple fact your simple-minded ass is incapable of comprehending. But that's your problem, not mine.
D2D

« Reply #186 on: 05 06, 15, 12:12:20:PM » Reply

No the issue is self defense as you post it as a cost!
1965hawks

« Reply #187 on: 05 06, 15, 12:16:40:PM » Reply

To: D2D
in re: Reply #184

The leading cause of gun violence in the US is suicide, not the criminal use of firearms. Remember?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/guns-suicide_n_3240065.html

The issue here is the high cost of gun violence in the United States; you continue to babble irrelevant bullshit about criminals and crime.
1965hawks

« Reply #188 on: 05 06, 15, 12:21:07:PM » Reply

D2D: No the issue is self defense as you post it as a cost! [sic]

No, D2D. The topic of this thread isn't self-defense. That's what you are trying to make it.  The topic of this thread is "The True cost of Gun Violence in America." Remember? That's the issue here.
D2D

« Reply #189 on: 05 06, 15, 12:21:53:PM » Reply

Suicide is a choice not a cost!
D2D

« Reply #190 on: 05 06, 15, 12:22:31:PM » Reply

Self defense is not a cost and neither is suicide!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #191 on: 05 06, 15, 12:29:30:PM » Reply

The issue here is the high cost of gun violence in the United States; you continue to babble irrelevant bullshit about criminals and crime.

At issue is the high cost of people committing gun violence Hawk. Guns do nothing on their own. So the resolution to this supposed high cost is what can we do to stop violent acts.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 25 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory