Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 04:29:58:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662689 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America  (Read 17952 times)
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #84 on: 04 24, 15, 05:32:18:PM » Reply

Hawk, you exact same argument applies to many different forms of Social ills or general misfortunes. most all of which could be ameliorated by the banning or outlawing of something.  In many case that something serves no other purpose in life except happiness or death/injury.

Why don't we expend our efforts on these otherwise useless endeavors the kill/injure and thus create not only suffering and expense to those involved, but also costs to society in general. What is it about "Guns" that evokes such outright hatred.  Guns helped create this Nation, and after that kept this nation free.  It can be said Guns freed the Negro from Slavery.  Guns have put meat on the table for untold generations.  Guns have protected march of civilization across our land by affording protection from predators, two footed and four footed.   What is it about Guns that seems to make them such a profoundly Evil in the minds of so many?

Can you explain to us what the unmitigable evils of the Gun demands such devout hatred of them.
1965hawks

« Reply #85 on: 04 24, 15, 08:11:49:PM » Reply

byteryder7: Guns helped create this Nation, and after that kept this nation free.  It can be said Guns freed the Negro from Slavery.  Guns have put meat on the table for untold generations.  Guns have protected march of civilization across our land by affording protection from predators, two footed and four footed. Guns blah blah blah blah blah blah....

Why do you conservatives continue to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the huge financial burden that guns place on our society? What is it about your precious little "inanimate objects" that demands such devoted love and affection, and such utter disregard for the health and safety of your fellow human beings?

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2015/04/the_high_cost_of_gun_violence.html

Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #86 on: 04 24, 15, 08:51:29:PM » Reply

I have not turned a deaf ear nor a blind eye to anything.

I have seen and I have heard it all from the anti-gun side over and over and over.  Each time I have rejected the absoluteness of their argument.

I have compromised where I feel controls or limitations are needed or otherwise productive with minimal infringement of Rights..  I do not ask for absolute "hands off", nor will I accept absolute "control".
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #87 on: 04 24, 15, 08:57:56:PM » Reply

1965hawks, name one nation that is crime free as a result of gun bans!
1965hawks

« Reply #88 on: 04 24, 15, 09:06:00:PM » Reply

D2D: 1965hawks, name one nation that is crime free as a result of gun bans! [sic]

LOL. Still haven't figured it out yet ?

You're still confused, D2D. This discussion isn't about crime-free countries; it's about the high cost of gun violence in the US. Remember? And now, my little addled-brained pal, you tell me which other advanced country in the world pays such high cost for gun violence.   
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #89 on: 04 24, 15, 09:07:23:PM » Reply

What about the cost of crime and those costs gun ownership prevents?

Did you ever think about that?

Do you ever think?
1965hawks

« Reply #90 on: 04 25, 15, 11:20:41:AM » Reply

D2D: What about the cost of crime and those costs gun ownership prevents, did you ever think about that?

D2D,

Despite your many attempts to change the subject of this discussion to the criminal use of firearms, the original issue remains--and always will be--the high cost of gun violence in the United States. Have you forgotten about that?

Do you ever think?

Yes, I do. But you proved to me a long time ago that you don't.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #91 on: 04 25, 15, 11:22:46:AM » Reply

Self bragging is no bragging,, piss off you fking nobody. You top post your own thread just to call someone names. God what a LOW LIFE.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #92 on: 04 25, 15, 11:25:25:AM » Reply

Hawk,
So where does the majority of "gun violence" in this Country occur and who commits it?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #93 on: 04 25, 15, 11:34:44:AM » Reply

How much does each individual crime cost victims and society on average in the U.S.?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835847/

KensanIV

« Reply #94 on: 04 25, 15, 11:38:39:AM » Reply

Yes, you are exactly correct regarding the high cost of guns in the hands of thugs. That is exactly why we all realize that there is not an easy answer on how to stop crime and the proliferation of weapons.

Currently if Lamont has a pistol that can hold 6 shots, then DeMarcus (or whatever he is named) has to have one that holds 9 shots. so he can protect himself or if the brother disrespects him for some reason or if a drug deal goes wrong...everyone has a gun and is willing to use it.

I do not have an answer to how we can lower the cost of gun violence, however, I suspect it will have to start with education and jobs for those who occupy our ghettos. 

I suspect we have spent more on trying to solve the problem by doing the education and jobs angle than the cost of the actual violence.

So do we ignore it as they do in Africa and allow gangs of street thugs run amok? 

As long as we have living breathing humans, we will always have violence, if they didn't have guns, they would use sticks or rocks. It is the way of our species.. Can we change human nature? 

Some believe that we need to use the massive weapons and bomb humans back to the stone age and start all over.
seahooker

« Reply #95 on: 04 25, 15, 02:34:29:PM » Reply

Why do you conservatives continue to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the huge financial burden that guns place on our society?

why do you leftists continue to turn a blind eye to the greatly larger financial burden that vehicles place on our society?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 25 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory