Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:46:35:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653414 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America  (Read 17807 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #12 on: 04 17, 15, 02:05:15:AM » Reply

What is needed is criminal control not more failed gun control!

Sadly, democrats like 1965hawks oppose any effective form of criminal control!
1965hawks

« Reply #13 on: 04 17, 15, 03:19:01:PM » Reply

D2D: What is needed is criminal control not more failed gun control. Sadly, democrats like 1965hawks oppose any effective form of criminal control.

D2D,

Your argument has serious flaws:

1. This thread is about the real cost of gun violence; your babbling about "criminal control" is irrelevant--an irrelevant distraction, a fallacy of argumentation and debate, a logical fallacy--a red herring.

2. Gun control hasn't failed in the United States. What has failed are this country's lax gun-control laws that were enacted to appease the NRA.

3. And, not surprisingly, your post  ends with an ad hominem attack against me. Apparently you expect those reading your reply to simply ignore the fact that you never really discussed the issue at hand. Isn't that right, D2D?   
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #14 on: 04 17, 15, 03:43:51:PM » Reply

$229 billion each year taken out of the economy....for gun puzzies.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #15 on: 04 17, 15, 04:05:12:PM » Reply

So gun violence has nothing to do with the acts of criminals, 1965hawks?

Guns themselves commit violence?

Gun control only controls the law abiding making it a complete failure every time it is tried!

1965hawks the truth is not an "ad hominem" attack!
1965hawks

« Reply #16 on: 04 17, 15, 04:08:57:PM » Reply

Baretta19: Apparently people in those states are better shots than they are drivers,ROFL

No, Baretta19. Apparently you still don't realise that an appeal to ridicule, a logical fallacy--and also a fallacy of argumentation and debate--is no substitute for evidence to support an assertion. Your babbling that some persons are better shots than drivers is, in reality, an irrelevant (and rather idiotic) distraction away from the original topic--the high cost of gun violence in the United States.

Saying "Gun deaths" with no demographics is worthless information that any MORON can post, nothing but a, ah, RED HERRING, simply no value add to any discussion, typical of an ignorant person.

A report that details the high cost of gun violence in the US can hardly be called "worthless information"--embarrassing, shameful, and eye-opening information, yes, but most definitely not worthless information. Not surprisingly, an ignorant moron like you would argue that $229 billion--the true cost of gun violence in the US--is "worthless information."

Furthermore, the evidence you used to support your argument is, in actuality, irrelevant (yes, a red herring!). At issue here is the staggering cost of gun violence in this country, not the demographics of those committing the violence. In addition to that, your ludicrous babbling about the CDC's report is pointless as well. That report doesn't address the cost of gun violence in the US either. Does it, Baretta19?
1965hawks

« Reply #17 on: 04 17, 15, 04:27:33:PM » Reply

D2D: So gun violence has nothing to do with the acts of criminals, 1965hawks?

Explain why you believe criminals commit all acts of gun violence? That is the gist of your question. Isn't it?

Guns themselves commit violence?

Neither I nor the report I presented for the forum's perusal made that claim. Whether you realise it or not, what you're obviously doing here is propping up a straw man to attack.

Gun control only controls the law abiding making it a complete failure every time it is tried!

Not only is your assertion untrue, it's irrelevant: At issue here is the true cost of gun violence in the US, the original topic that you and Baretta19 have carefully avoided discussing.

1965hawks the truth is not an "ad hominem" attack!

D2D, so far you've presented no truths to speak of in this thread. And that's not an ad hominem; that's a fact.

D2D

« Reply #18 on: 04 17, 15, 04:35:28:PM » Reply

Child why are you concerned about legal acts of gun violence?

Why do you insist people must die at the hands of criminals instead of defending themselves?

Are you that opposed to legal acts of gun violence?
1965hawks

« Reply #19 on: 04 17, 15, 05:06:24:PM » Reply

D2D: Child why are you concerned about legal acts of gun violence?

You're confused again, D2D. I'm concerned about all acts of gun violence.

Why do you insist people must die at the hands of criminals instead of defending themselves?

I've never made that claim; you're propping up another straw man to attack. Aren't you, D2D.

Are you that opposed to legal acts of gun violence?

D2D, are you ever going to stop posting irrelevant (and ludicrous) distractions in your obvious (and desperate) attempt to refocus attention away from the real issue at hand in this thread:the true (and shameful) cost of gun violence in the US of A?
D2D

« Reply #20 on: 04 17, 15, 05:09:47:PM » Reply

Nope, you are condemning acts of self defense along with criminal acts!

The two are totally different!
Baretta19

« Reply #21 on: 04 17, 15, 08:41:14:PM » Reply

Furthermore, the evidence you used to support your argument is, in actuality, irrelevant

FACTS are irrelevant? The response I'd expect from ignorance
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #22 on: 04 17, 15, 08:58:01:PM » Reply

That's the price of not addressing the social/economic problems that creates violence Hawk. Nothing more, nothing less.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #23 on: 04 17, 15, 10:57:48:PM » Reply

Hawk/wvit..never can keep you two sisters straight...what is the true cost of abortion in this Country.  BTW...how long will you stay out of prison this time?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The True Cost of Gun Violence in America
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory