Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:44:11:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653547 Posts in 297936 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Myth: Carbon dioxide is a "plant food." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: Myth: Carbon dioxide is a "plant food."  (Read 1032 times)
1965hawks

« on: 03 28, 15, 03:38:28:PM » Reply

There's a climate denier myth near the top of this webpage. Did you notice it?

Fact: The Rain Forrest is Greener because of the added Co2 in the atmosphere." [sic]

No. That's untrue. The earth's rain forests aren't getting any greener because of increased amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere.

An argument made by those who prefer to see a bright side to
climate change
 is that
carbon dioxide
 (
CO2
) being released by the burning of fossil fuels is actually good for the environment. This conjecture is based on simple and appealing logic: if plants need
CO2
 for their growth, then more of it should be better. We should expect our crops to become more abundant and our flowers to grow taller and bloom brighter.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-plant-food.htm
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #1 on: 03 28, 15, 03:43:01:PM » Reply

Nitrogen is PLANT FOOD.

Carbon Dioxide is necessary for Photosynthesis, a process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy, with the resulting O2 output
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 03 28, 15, 03:44:25:PM » Reply

Oxygen in not a human food.  So what?
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 28, 15, 03:53:42:PM » Reply

I wonder who started that stupid " MYTH"Huh?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 03 28, 15, 04:00:53:PM » Reply

Only one part in 2597 of Earth's atmosphere is carbon dioxide. Yet, plants make themselves    from it. A very substantial oak tree is made from what seems like a few    insubstantial air molecules. Plants use photosynthesis to make themselves from water,    carbon dioxide and energy from the Sun. Atmospheric oxygen is a byproduct of    photosynthesis. Animals reverse photosynthesis. They eat plants or they eat animals that eat    plants. Animal metabolism consumes oxygen and releases carbon dioxide and water. The net    effect of all this is a constant movement of carbon between plants, animals and the    atmosphere.

Carbon dioxide and water vapor are the most important greenhouse gases. Without    greenhouse gases, Earth would be an ice planet and there would be no life.

With more atmospheric carbon dioxide available to convert to plant matter in photosynthesis, plants are able to grow more. This increased growth is referred to as carbon fertilization....There is a limit to how much carbon plants can take out of the atmosphere, and that limit varies from region to region. So far, it appears that carbon dioxide fertilization increases plant growth until the plant reaches a limit in the amount of water or nitrogen available.

A new NASA modeling effort found that in a doubled-carbon dioxide world plant growth could lessen global warming by about 0.3 degrees C globally. The same model found that the world would warm by 1.94 degrees C without this cooling feedback factored in.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/cooling-plant-growth.html
1965hawks

« Reply #5 on: 03 28, 15, 04:01:56:PM » Reply

DaBoz: "I wonder who started that stupid " MYTH?"

DaBoz,

That stupid myth originated with stupid deniers of human-caused global warming, stupid deniers like you.
1965hawks

« Reply #6 on: 03 28, 15, 04:19:14:PM » Reply

chuck_curtis: "Oxygen in not a human food.  So what?"

That's a red herring, chuckles. Who said anything about oxygen being a "human food?"
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 03 28, 15, 04:20:46:PM » Reply

DaBoz: "I wonder who started that stupid " MYTH?"

DaBoz,

That stupid myth originated with stupid deniers of human-caused global warming, stupid deniers like you.

LINK
Too any special group you referenced or my claim,, because I just posted what plant food is,,, why the hell do you need to act like a shit when I post what you agree with??

Deniers of a false claims are called truthers. You have proven nothing you claim to be true. Just conjecture.

So call me a "Truther" from now on.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #8 on: 03 28, 15, 04:28:16:PM » Reply

There's a climate denier myth near the top of this webpage. Did you notice it?

Carbon dioxide emissions help tropical rain-forests grow faster: Study shows trees absorb more greenhouse gas than expected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2891432/Carbon-dioxide-emissions-help-tropical-rainforests-grow-faster-Study-shows-trees-absorb-greenhouse-gas-expected.html

Trees use Photosynthesis to turn Co2 and water into sugars that it then distributes among its trunk and branches for growth. In most cases, oxygen is also released as a waste product.  Photosynthesis also maintains atmospheric oxygen levels and supplies all of the organic compounds and most of the energy necessary for life on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis

DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 03 28, 15, 04:34:36:PM » Reply

Gee,, I don't see anyone here claiming that CO2 is "Plant food"/// I did not see any of our names in the article that say we said it... yet this trud comes on here and spouts all these vicious accusations and spewing hate at everyone,,,, based on WHAT??? AND WHY???
1965hawks

« Reply #10 on: 03 28, 15, 04:35:55:PM » Reply

Nitrogen is PLANT FOOD. Carbon Dioxide is necessary for Photosynthesis, a process used by plants and other organisms to convert light energy, with the resulting O2 output

DaBoz,

Your post is a RED HERRING.

Yes. Nitrogen is a plant food and carbon dioxide is necessary for photosynthesis. But that information is irrelevant in this discuss. Someone--jivin' jim, I presume--posted a favourite denier claim that's based on the logical fallacy of special pleading. The argument carefully avoids admitting that human activity caused an increase of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere that's causing global warming. But, instead, argues that the increased greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is actually a good thing, because it's beneficial to the planet's flora. 
Baretta19

« Reply #11 on: 03 28, 15, 04:36:23:PM » Reply

Thanks Hawks for pointing out that climate change is nothing more than the OPINION of the SCIENTISTS doing the research

Skeptical Science (occasionally abbreviated SkS) is a climate science blog and information resource created in 2007 by Australia blogger and author John Cook. In addition to publishing articles on current events relating to climate science and climate policy, the site maintains a large database of articles analyzing the merit of arguments commonly put forth by those involved in the global warming controversy who oppose the mainstream scientific opinion on climate change.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Myth: Carbon dioxide is a "plant food."
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory