Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 04:06:50:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662799 Posts in 298815 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cardinal Burke: Gays and Remarried Catholics Same As Murderers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Cardinal Burke: Gays and Remarried Catholics Same As Murderers  (Read 148 times)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« on: 03 28, 15, 07:19:00:AM » Reply

(RNS) When Pope Francis last year effectively demoted U.S. Cardinal Raymond Burke by moving him out of a senior post in the Vatican to a largely ceremonial role as head of a Rome-based Catholic charity, it was viewed as a way to sideline one of the pontiff’s most outspoken critics on the right.

But the move seems to have left Burke free to air his conservative — and pointed — views on efforts to change church practices, not that he was ever terribly hesitant about speaking his mind.

Now the American churchman has spoken out again, telling an interviewer that gay couples and divorced and remarried Catholics who are trying to live good and faithful lives are still like “the person who murders someone and yet is kind to other people.”

“If you are living publicly in a state of mortal sin there isn’t any good act that you can perform that justifies that situation: the person remains in grave sin,” Burke said in an interview with LifeSiteNews, a U.S.-based web service focused on battling abortion and promoting other conservative causes.

“And to give the impression that somehow there’s something good about living in a state of grave sin is simply contrary to what the (Catholic) Church has always and everywhere taught,” said Burke, who spoke to LifeSiteNews in Rome.

Asked if being “kind” and “generous” and “dedicated” is enough, Burke replied: “Of course it’s not. It’s like the person who murders someone and yet is kind to other people.”

The lengthy interview was published on Tuesday (March 24).

On the surface, Burke’s comments break little theological ground; the church has always taught that sin is sin, and some sins are especially serious. For example, cohabitation, homosexual relations and adultery (which is how the Catholic Church views the relations of a couple who are divorced and remarried without annulling the first marriage) are viewed as mortal sins, as is murder.

But comparing those situations in any context is unusual, and certainly out of step with the pastoral tone that Francis has set in his papacy. Moreover, reformers argue that a murderer — or almost any other sinner — can go to confession, receive absolution, and take Communion in a state of grace. But there is no such option for a gay person or those who are divorced and remarried, except permanent celibacy.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #1 on: 03 28, 15, 07:30:12:AM » Reply

Yep!

and?
Baretta19

« Reply #2 on: 03 28, 15, 07:31:18:AM » Reply

Why do you love to have sex with children? You liberals should seek help for your vile sickness preying on small children
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 28, 15, 07:35:12:AM » Reply

Do you mean the Clintons or HO?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 03 28, 15, 07:35:38:AM » Reply

The church has always taught that sin is sin.  Next?
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 28, 15, 07:41:43:AM » Reply

There is a special level for Lying aholes like HO in hell.
Baretta19

« Reply #6 on: 03 28, 15, 07:42:06:AM » Reply

Mimicking a travel commercial, the clip praises Indiana for its world-class cities, sports teams and "Hoosier hospitality that makes everyone welcome, especially bigots."

Thanks to Davik for posting the information letting us know why HOOSIER_DADDY is such a pathetic loser, not that there has been any doubt at any time this just proves why he's such a pathetic moron.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 03 28, 15, 07:43:37:AM » Reply

so you clowns believe that being gay and getting remarried is just as bad as killing somebody?
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 03 28, 15, 07:44:54:AM » Reply

Now why are you insulting Pathetic losers by comparing them to HO.

HO as an ex catholic,, you know the rules... you don't like them ,,, take it up with God.
Baretta19

« Reply #9 on: 03 28, 15, 07:45:54:AM » Reply

“If you are living publicly in a state of mortal sin there isn’t any good act that you can perform that justifies that situation: the person remains in grave sin,” Burke said in an interview with LifeSiteNews, a U.S.-based web service focused on battling abortion and promoting other conservative causes.

Unless of course you're a Priest molesting young boys, then 3 hail Mary's and all is good. The only institution IMO that has degraded itself more than politics is the catholic church
Baretta19

« Reply #10 on: 03 28, 15, 07:48:26:AM » Reply

so you clowns believe that being gay and getting remarried is just as bad as killing somebody?

Nope but your pedophile lifestyle certainly is as bad as murder since your desires "murder" a childs life
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 03 28, 15, 07:55:08:AM » Reply

why are you constantly fantasizing about pedophilia, pervert?  goddamn, boy.  it's bad enough when all you had were gay fantasies but these child sex fantasies are way way way over the line.  get some help.  nobody even mentioned pedophilia, asshole, and yet you still thought of it. 
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cardinal Burke: Gays and Remarried Catholics Same As Murderers
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory