Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 07:47:40:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660867 Posts in 298635 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cruz says top 1% earn more of national income than any year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Cruz says top 1% earn more of national income than any year  (Read 66 times)
wvit1001

« on: 01 31, 15, 01:08:50:PM » Reply

Ted Cruz says top 1 percent earn more of national income than any year since 1928 -

"Cruz accurately recapped calculations of income by respected researchers...Mark this statement Mostly True."

To check on changes over time for ourselves, we built a chart from the database.

The resulting data, covering 1913, the earliest checkable year, to 2012, shows 1928 and 2012 to be the top two years where the top 1 percent of the richest Americans (the richest of the rich) earned the greatest share of the nation’s income, which the government breaks down into 15 categories including wages, salaries and self-employment income plus income from dividends and interest.

By email, Saez said he expects the top 1 percent’s income share for 2014 to prove slightly lower than in 2012 as a result of tax increases approved by Congress and Obama in 2013 raising the nation’s marginal income-tax rate from 35 to 39.6 percent for married couples earning more than $450,000 annually, starting in 2013. That deal, which also whittled tax deductions for high-earning businesses and individuals, helped the government avoid the "fiscal cliff, a term describing the looming impact of tax cuts initiated by President George W. Bush expiring at the end of 2012 at the same time congressionally mandated spending reductions were due to kick in.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2015/jan/30/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-says-top-1-percent-earn-more-national-inc/
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #1 on: 01 31, 15, 01:13:12:PM » Reply

Jealous of others success is a communist attributes...just so you know
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 01 31, 15, 01:15:13:PM » Reply

not jealousy, just facts.  you evidently assign emotion to facts.  why is that?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 01 31, 15, 01:17:05:PM » Reply

If they didn't earn it, though, it wouldn't exist for anyone else to plunder.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 01 31, 15, 01:24:26:PM » Reply

you mean like the way the wealthy are plundering the earnings of the rest of the country?  is that what you mean?
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 01 31, 15, 01:24:31:PM » Reply

Why do you care how much someone makes...I mean, I make much more than you...should I be forced to give you some, simply because you do not have the talent I do?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 01 31, 15, 01:26:32:PM » Reply

How are they plundering wealth from anyone, vit?
jst-the-fax
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 01 31, 15, 01:34:34:PM » Reply

I don't think wvit realizes folks with money invest that money...and that investment creates jobs! But on a side note...foreigners have taken taken more US jobs during dictator obama's reign of terror than American born citizens.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 01 31, 15, 01:45:34:PM » Reply

so you don't think the wealthy are plundering the rest of us?  then why has their wealth been steadily rising while everyone else's wealth is going down?

it's because the progressive tax system has changed over time.  we could just as easily change it in the other direction, but then you'd consider that plundering while you don't think it's plundering now.

It's strange how you think of one way as plundering but you think the other way isn't.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #9 on: 01 31, 15, 01:49:31:PM » Reply

You can't plunder (tax) what one doesn't earn.  So taxation (the tax system) has nothing to do with what one earns.

So, how are the earners plundering wealth from anyone, vit?  You didn't answer the question.
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 01 31, 15, 02:01:58:PM » Reply

the investment income tax is one way.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #11 on: 01 31, 15, 02:08:43:PM » Reply

Yes, I agree, the investment income tax plunders money from people, but that has nothing to do with my question.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Cruz says top 1% earn more of national income than any year
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory