Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 04:28:39:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660560 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A man for the peons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: A man for the peons  (Read 209 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 01 30, 15, 10:21:48:PM » Reply

The first legislative act by Alaska's new senator, Dan Sullivan, is a bill that would prohibit agents of the EPA from carrying guns.  That's MY kind of gun control.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/dan-sullivan-epa-guns_n_6565284.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 01 30, 15, 11:45:21:PM » Reply

Nobody wants to get shot for pissing in the bushes on a hiking trip.

1965hawks

« Reply #2 on: 01 31, 15, 12:30:06:PM » Reply

A "man for the peons" sounds more like a typical right-wingnut liar to me.

"FAIRBANKS — While U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan wants to prohibit law enforcement agents of the Environmental Protection Agency from carrying guns — an idea triggered by what he describes as a reckless armed raid on miners in Chicken — an independent $50,000 state investigation commissioned by former Gov. Sean Parnell concluded that the agents were not reckless and did not act inappropriately.
"

http://www.adn.com/article/20150124/sen-sullivan-wants-epa-agents-go-unarmed

Wingnut Sen. Dan Sullivan, the Republican who ousted Democratic Sen. Mark Begich last fall, "is hoping to get a vote this week on an amendment to the Keystone XL pipeline bill that would ban police officers who work for the Environmental Protection Agency from carrying firearms."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/dan-sullivan-epa-guns_n_6565284.html
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 01 31, 15, 12:35:37:PM » Reply

EPA special agents are specially trained law enforcement officers who work for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), helping to enforce federal environmental laws. They work in the Criminal Investigations Division and help protect land, water, and air resources. They are authorized to carry firearms, to serve warrants, and to place known environmental violators and fugitives under arrest.

http://www.vault.com/industries-professions/professions/e/epa-special-agents-(criminal-investigation-division).aspx
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 01 31, 15, 12:39:25:PM » Reply

A few years back, U.S. EPA enforcement agents tracked a Utah environmental fugitive to a trailer parked at a marina in the Florida Keys.

Larkin Baggett, one of EPA's "most wanted" criminals at the time, appeared in the trailer doorway sweeping an assault rifle toward the approaching EPA agents and local cops, saying things like, "I won't go," according to court documents. The officers opened fire, wounding Baggett and taking him into custody.

Cases such as the 2009 Baggett skirmish demonstrate why it's important for EPA agents to be armed, argue supporters of the agency's criminal program. They can face off against armed criminals, people using dangerous chemicals and fugitives anxious to avoid jail time.

But a freshman senator wants to take their guns away -- an effort that has EPA employees and law enforcement officials up in arms.

Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska) is pushing a measure that would strip EPA's special agents of their ability to carry firearms. His effort stems from a 2013 incident near Chicken, Alaska, when miners complained that they'd been intimidated with weapons and body armor by enforcement officials from EPA and other agencies who were investigating potential violations of clean water laws (E&ENews PM, Sept. 5, 2013).

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060012542
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #5 on: 01 31, 15, 12:56:49:PM » Reply

One peon's hero is another statist's nemesis.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 01 31, 15, 12:59:55:PM » Reply

why a nemesis?  other than protecting your air and water from pollution what has the epa done to make anyone consider them a nemesis?

I guess if you were a person intent on destroying the environment you could consider them your nemesis though.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #7 on: 01 31, 15, 01:11:59:PM » Reply

The last thing we need is another bloated government bureaucracy running around with guns in their hands.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 01 31, 15, 01:14:11:PM » Reply

so they haven't really done anything to make you consider them your nemesis, it's just that you don't like the idea of them being able to enforce the laws of our country.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #9 on: 01 31, 15, 01:18:15:PM » Reply

Cases such as the 2009 Baggett skirmish demonstrate why it's important for EPA agents to be armed, argue supporters of the agency's criminal program. They can face off against armed criminals, people using dangerous chemicals and fugitives anxious to avoid jail time.

If they involve local cops in their arrest why do they need to be armed?
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 01 31, 15, 01:26:23:PM » Reply

so you're all for sending sworn officers into dangerous situations without them being able to protect themselves?
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #11 on: 01 31, 15, 01:32:55:PM » Reply

so you're all for sending sworn officers into dangerous situations without them being able to protect themselves?

If they stand back and let the police do their job why do they need guns?

The creation of an armed "police force" within various federal departments is a complete waste of taxpayer money. There is no reason local police/sheriff departments can't do the dangerous work for them.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A man for the peons
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About