Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 01:26:17:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653462 Posts in 297924 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Rental House is breaking my back. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Rental House is breaking my back.  (Read 2815 times)
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« on: 07 19, 10, 10:49:54:AM » Reply

My son moved out of state, and had been renting our little house.  We decided to do some work on it that can't be done when someone is living there.  Replace tub surround , paint all the rooms , new ceiling in one of bedrooms, new tile in laundry room, paint kitchen cabinets.  It is about to break my back!  And then we need to paint the outside, YUCK!  But has made me decide to repaint my living room here when we are finished.  Work never ends!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 07 19, 10, 11:11:19:AM » Reply

it never ends does it... I'm procrasinating from going outside and doing anything... but I must...

it rained last night a bit and I need to go out and tweak...it's cooler longer because of it... the ground is not as hot as it's been... we needed it...bad...

thank goodness I cut the grass right before it started... yea!

Always interested in this... what color paint...

the lastest colors or the best I've seen lately is the color green...not lime green but the color a bit darker kind...

I have tan and gold like wall in the living room and dining room... hall is mixed but I want wallpaper for the entry hall...the kitchen is striped wallpaper and the outdoors first floor sunroom is blue...

I tell you every room in this house is an adventure....changes your thought and mind upon entry...I even have a room made of fabric...guest room... that is scotch guarded... very dramatic...

The upstairs sun room is Dark Green and Light green...I have one room that is pink but I haven't changed it from the previous owner... don't like it at all...but I can't think what color to do it in... I was thinking newspaper scotched guarded... it's the office room...

hey... didn't I tell you all I was frugal...lol

Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 07 19, 10, 11:20:44:AM » Reply

We chose a taupe for the inside of rental, it is warm but neutral, with white trim, throughout.  One bedroom was pink, one was green and the kitchen was off white.  Brown for the kitchen cabinets , goes well with the faux granite counter tops.

Going to do my living room is blues and tans.  Sea side colors, had this sage green for 7 years now, and ready for a change.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #3 on: 07 19, 10, 11:59:36:AM » Reply

Blues should never be used, stick with earth tones on rental properties.
Griobhtha
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 07 19, 10, 12:06:06:PM » Reply

Mud,

We chose a taupe for the inside of rental, 

MY living room will be blue.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #5 on: 07 19, 10, 12:57:52:PM » Reply

Terrible, if you must use a blue it should only be used in a bedroom, but you are far better off by not using it at all.
Griobhtha
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 07 19, 10, 01:55:23:PM » Reply

You have your ideas, I have mine
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 07 19, 10, 03:03:51:PM » Reply

I love blue if it's right shade.
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #8 on: 07 19, 10, 04:42:14:PM » Reply

Blue is my favorite color, but not in a home.
Griobhtha
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 07 19, 10, 07:31:01:PM » Reply

Coastal Living Magazine did a Idea house here in 2005, I fell in love with the blue they did the living area in and that is what I will have.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #10 on: 07 19, 10, 08:55:29:PM » Reply

There is such an abundance of shades in blue.  My sister has a gorgeous "seaside blue" in her livingroom, which is a subtle gray/blue...it's just incredible...

Just take your time (if you can) and don't overdo it...it will get done.

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 07 20, 10, 05:49:16:AM » Reply

I'm a collector of cobalt blue glass......blue is my favortie color too but I only have one room with it on the walls. My cobalt does not look good with the blue walls in the same room.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Rental House is breaking my back.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory