Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 06:03:19:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663620 Posts in 298893 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The old year went out with a Big Bang 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The old year went out with a Big Bang  (Read 161 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 01 01, 15, 01:52:17:PM » Reply

Just about awake now and glugging down coffee.

I predicted it would happen.  The inbreds were firing off cannons all around here.  They couldn't be content with just one explosion at midnight - they had to start around 11 pm and it went on like World War 3 in intervals right up to almost 1 am.  I had resisted giving our dog a calming pill because she gets so wobbly.  It sounded like it was going off in the house it was so loud and all the furniture and stuff rattled.  Hannah was terrified trying to claw her way into a closet where there was no room and ended up in the bathroom stuck between the bath and the toilet.  I had the pill wrapped in turkey and she didn't even want to take the turkey and so I had to pry her jaws open and pop it down her throat.  She finally went off to sleep next to me just as they stopped partying.  This morning we are all like zombies after finally getting some sleep.  Hannah is still stumbling a bit. 

Funny but we never experienced anything so loud in California.  Here in Oregon they sell fireworks and rockets in tents on the streets just before the 4th and the inbreds must have had a stockpile ready for the New Year. 

Happy New Year everyone.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 01 01, 15, 04:10:19:PM » Reply

strange here didn't hear a shot... not one...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 01 01, 15, 04:29:30:PM » Reply

The revelry started about 9 pm here and went on till about 1 am.  We stayed up till about 12:15 then hunkered down in bed and watched more Dr. Who.

Today, it's starting the new year off with a clean house.  Man, I didn't bother while we had Rowan here...big mistake!

And I am searching for more blue lights to honor law enforcement.  There is a campaign to honor them for the first week of the new year by having all blue lights on...

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 01 01, 15, 05:21:45:PM » Reply

Blue lights, what a great idea!

That does seem crazy Emily, thinking of your quaint little town you post about doesn't translate that it could get that noisy. Poor Hannah. And the wildlife;_;. This was one of the quieter years at midnight......but the traditional sight/ sound of that Stealth! this morning was breathtaking!! Thankfully swinging around about the nearest overhead here in a few yrs, one time going right over our house!! Another chance will be again shortly for the Rose Bowl. --- Add---think I might have just missed it, heard that very loud b2 sound!...thought they might be coming at half time.

Em, On takn's thread about some of the parade goers not standing for the Marine Color Guard, read about your Son in law riding bikes following the parade and daughter taking pictures, good stuff!! I taped the Rose Parade plus it plays all day, we always watch channel 5 with Stephanie Edwards and Bob Eubanks...Stephanie did mention that some were standing and 'rightfully so they should' as the Marine Band went by, that was right after the Color Guard.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 01 01, 15, 07:14:12:PM » Reply

Pacifica, we used to go to the Rose Parade, now and again, during the time we lived in So. California.  It just gets more amazing every year.  Our daughter posted a pic of our son-in-law riding his penny farthing on FB so I got to see it.  Crazy guy!  He bought it on e-bay  couple of years ago and he has to leap frog on to it.   It looked to me as if they were riding after everyone was leaving.  His cycle club think nothing of riding to the beach from where they live.  He did San Francisco to Los Angeles last year .......but not on the penny farthing Lol.

I saw the Stealth fly over the Rose Bowl.  Go Ducks!
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #5 on: 01 02, 15, 03:50:55:AM » Reply

Congrats to the Oregon Ducks, Emily! And wow, will be looking up a 'penny farthing'!! Sounds like so much fun. We hardly ever missed a year going to the parade growing up as kids and teens and through our twenties and thirties. And a few times beyond that through the years...

Seeing the Rose Parade in person, those floats up close then on display (have gotten to volunteer on two different floats many years ago)...experiencing the rush of the fighter jets....Just such a fantastic way to start the year, every year!!! And now seeing it on tv really hits the spot haha.

A-mazing to think about riding from San Francisco to Los Angeles in the bicycle club!! Hopefully down the coast, oh it would be so beautiful! Tiring yes lol but the exhilaration!! and camping out or staying in motels getting a good nights rest.

Took a bike route to the beach one time in a group of us as teens...and still ride around this town and the next for festivals; sounds like a good bucket list --take a route back to the beach! Not sure how long it would take though lol, as teenagers we got there AND back in the same day hee hee
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #6 on: 01 02, 15, 04:02:16:AM » Reply

Oh my goodness!!!! Just looked it up, now way LOL.
Did he really ride this!? THAT IS SOOO GRRREAT!!!!!!!!!
: D

ps good way to end the parade!
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 01 02, 15, 01:10:45:PM » Reply

Yes, Pacifica, he really rode it with his vintage bike club ahead of the start of the Parade.  He bought it a few years ago on e-Bay and had it shipped from Florida with the help of our son who is in the shipping business.  Our daughter said it was going to hang somewhere in their house where they have a huge entrance - but not so, for long!  Apparently he got a great buy on it and it is now worth a fortune.  He wore an old fashioned peaked cap but his mustache didn't grow in time, LOL.   Our daughter put the pictures of the event on Facebook and it is now going to be a tradition on New Year's Day.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The old year went out with a Big Bang
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory