Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 03:09:29:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660345 Posts in 298576 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Congress Again Buys Abrams Tanks the Army Doesn't Want 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Congress Again Buys Abrams Tanks the Army Doesn't Want  (Read 54 times)
wvit1001

« on: 12 20, 14, 01:27:34:PM » Reply

The new defense spending bill includes $120 million for tanks that the Army has repeatedly said it doesn't want.

For three years, the Army in numerous Congressional hearings has pushed a plan that essentially would have suspended tank building and upgrades in the U.S. for the first time since World War II. The Army suggested that production lines could be kept open through foreign sales.

Each time, Congress has pushed back. Last week, Congress won again in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2015.

In a statement, Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio, said that Congress "recognizes the necessity of the Abrams tank to our national security and authorizes an additional $120 million for Abrams tank upgrades. This provision keeps the production lines open in Lima, Ohio, and ensures that our skilled, technical workers are protected."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/12/18/congress-again-buys-abrams-tanks-the-army-doesnt-want.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 12 20, 14, 01:36:12:PM » Reply

The army say that under orders from Obama?

Can you guarantee no war requiring tanks will ever occur?
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 12 20, 14, 01:39:43:PM » Reply

We already have over 9000 new tanks D2. 
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 12 20, 14, 01:42:55:PM » Reply

As far as producing Cold War era weapon systems the military says it has enough of, but Congress continues to fund anyway, there is probably no bigger poster child than the Abrams tank.

The past two budget cycles saw a public debate among the Army, the contractor that runs the tank manufacturing plant and lawmakers as to whether taxpayers should foot the bill for keeping a unique industrial base active, or “hot” in manufacturing parlance, in lean times.

Service leaders have simply said they don’t need any more upgraded M1 tanks until a new version comes along in 2017.

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/archive/2013/October/Pages/OverArmyObjections,IndustryandCongressPartnertoKeepAbramsTankProduction%E2%80%98Hot%E2%80%99.aspx
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #4 on: 12 20, 14, 01:47:42:PM » Reply

wvit,

Oshkosh Truck is selling most of their products overseas...where as in the past most went to our Army
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 12 20, 14, 01:49:45:PM » Reply

good for them.  why are we still buying equipment the military says they don't want though faxy?
a777pilot
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 12 20, 14, 03:01:48:PM » Reply

This is what the USA has in the way of MBT's:

2,385 M1

4,793 M1A1

1,547 M1A2

That's about 1500 that are "new".  Far from 9,000.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 12 20, 14, 05:26:55:PM » Reply

Happy to see they are spending more on the A-10.., we need them.

The nation’s fleet of A-10 close air-support aircraft — including a major contingent at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base — would get a one-year lease on life under a plan approved by a key congressional committee late Wednesday.

During a marathon markup session on the National Defense Authorization Act, the House Armed Services Committee adopted a bipartisan amendment proposed by Rep. Ron Barber (D-Tucson) that would continue to fund the A-10 Thunderbolt II “Warthog” for fiscal 2015.
The legislation also calls for a study to determine the cost and effectiveness of other aircraft performing close air support missions.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #8 on: 12 20, 14, 05:41:21:PM » Reply

They are for local police to guard against constitutionalists.

http://www.infowars.com/police-armored-military-vehicles-needed-for-constitutionalists-with-firearms/
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #9 on: 12 20, 14, 06:45:21:PM » Reply

I had the opportunity to get inside a Running M1-Abrams Tank at a gun show-!
 The NY National Guard had one outside running  as we were using the armory as a place to hold the gun show -I asked If I might Please pretty please with sugar on top get inside -- They said ''ALL Right little boy """  Just Dont Touch anything !!!!! [I have heard those words before ]

It was really NEAT!!!! and Bunches of Fun --  I wanted to --Join Up Right then!!! [too old ]
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Congress Again Buys Abrams Tanks the Army Doesn't Want
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory