Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 24, 24, 05:15:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662345 Posts in 298769 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Iran unveils a memorial honoring Jewish heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Iran unveils a memorial honoring Jewish heroes  (Read 85 times)
wvit1001

« on: 12 20, 14, 12:26:55:PM » Reply

Earlier this week, authorities in Tehran unveiled a monument to slain Iranian Jewish soldiers who died during the country's long and bitter war with Iraq between 1980 and 1988. Death tolls for the hideous conflict differ, but casualty counts usually reach more than 1 million for both countries.

A public ceremony marked the memorial's opening on Monday, with speeches that took place at a dais flanked by the Iranian flag and a menorah. Banners showed the images of fallen soldiers, hailed as "martyrs" in Farsi and Hebrew inscriptions.

The commemoration may surprise those who think of the Islamic Republic's routine, angry rhetoric directed toward Israel, a "Zionist regime" the mullahs in Tehran refuse to recognize. But after Israel, Iran has the Middle East's second-largest community of Jews -- with its current population estimated between 20,000 and 30,000. (Many more live in other countries such as the United States and Israel, where a former president, Moshe Katsav, was born in Iran.)

The Iranian government points to the continued population of Iranian Jews in the country as a sign of Iran's diverse traditions and the government's own respect for the country's rich history. The Old Testament Book of Esther is based in ancient Persia and is the foundation for the Jewish festival of Purim.

At the ceremony on Monday, Mohammad Hassan Aboutorabi-Fard, the vice-speaker of the Iranian parliament, made these somewhat underwhelming remarks: "The explicit stances of the Jewish community in supporting the Islamic Republic’s establishment and their obedience to the Supreme Leader of the Revolution demonstrate the bonds originating from the teachings of the divine religions." He went on to denounce the "violent and inhumane" behavior of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/12/18/iran-unveils-a-memorial-honoring-jewish-heroes/
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 12 20, 14, 12:39:01:PM » Reply

The Iranian leadership, like American liberals, has no problem with dead Jews!

It is the live ones they dislike!
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #2 on: 12 20, 14, 12:44:04:PM » Reply

D2D....7   wvit....0
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 12 20, 14, 12:45:03:PM » Reply

Dead Zionists are a good thing.  In general most Jews are good moral people though.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #4 on: 12 20, 14, 12:46:55:PM » Reply

Dead Zionists are a good thing.  In general most Jews are good moral people though.
Translation: Wvit agrees with Iran's state goal of murdering every Jew in Israel!
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #5 on: 12 20, 14, 12:47:54:PM » Reply

I highly doubt mussies differentiate! 
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 12 20, 14, 12:55:49:PM » Reply

Not every Jew D2.  Only the Zionist Jews.  Most Jews are good people.

I don't think anyone has ever said they want to murder every Jew in Israel have they?
D2D

« Reply #7 on: 12 20, 14, 12:59:47:PM » Reply

Yes they have and as Israel is a zionist state you are advocating the murder of every Jew in Israel!
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 12 20, 14, 01:03:53:PM » Reply

Most of the current government of Israel is Zionist, that's true.

But the state of Israel was not always a Zionist state.

And despite what you've claimed nobody has threatened to murder everyone in Israel.
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 12 20, 14, 01:06:21:PM » Reply

But the state of Israel was not always a Zionist state.
According to Iran that is not true!

And despite what you've claimed nobody has threatened to murder everyone in Israel.
Iran has, Al Qaeda has, Hamas has, the PLO has, Hezbollah has, ISIS has, etc.!
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 12 20, 14, 01:10:13:PM » Reply

No they haven't D2.  Do you have a link where someone threatened to murder everyone in Israel?
D2D

« Reply #11 on: 12 20, 14, 01:12:23:PM » Reply

Yes, they have!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Iran unveils a memorial honoring Jewish heroes
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory