Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:30:44:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660191 Posts in 298563 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 2,000 yr old story that was primitive then and is hopelessly wrong now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: 2,000 yr old story that was primitive then and is hopelessly wrong now  (Read 155 times)
wvit1001

« on: 12 19, 14, 12:59:43:PM » Reply

The earth isn’t the center of the solar system or universe as described from the outset, Adam and Eve is a metaphor, females do not issue from males ribs (besides being a silly explanation, they’d have the same DNA…oops) and genetics has shown it is impossible for modern humanity to have sprung from less than a few thousand people it wasn’t just two, evolution happened, not Noah or the Flood, there were never giants in the human race, the earth is 4.3 billion years old not a few thousand, human longevity was never hundreds of years, female humans don’t have offspring in their nineties, language evolution is well documented without a Tower of Babel, and if someone hears voices in their head to slay their son with a knife for a burnt offering, they need medication, and quickly.

Modern Knowledge 10, Bible 0.

And we are not even out of Genesis yet…only the first chapter of 66 (or so, depending whose version of the Bible you read).
What other book could you read that was so utterly wrong in the first chapter that you would still trust to contain all sorts of true statements, much less “eternal truths”?

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 12 19, 14, 01:51:05:PM » Reply

Be respectful of other peoples' beliefs.  Don't try to force your religion on others, vit.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #2 on: 12 19, 14, 01:53:40:PM » Reply

Thank you Dan 
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 12 19, 14, 01:57:32:PM » Reply

you don't have to read the story dan, nothing is forcing you other than your own curiosity.
lakitss

« Reply #4 on: 12 19, 14, 02:10:32:PM » Reply

I respect those who are believers even though I'm not. I am baffled how so many intelligent people are totally convinced of creationism when there are so many gaps and flaws with this whole concept.

Include my wife and kids among those believers. I say as long as you're not blowing shit up or beheading people, who cares....
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 12 19, 14, 02:38:38:PM » Reply

Regardless what people personally believe, I am disgusted by the hostility of those who insist on insulting, denigrating and humiliating those who don't share the same beliefs.

What is the point for Atheists to insult Christians?  Why must they be so hostile?
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #6 on: 12 19, 14, 03:06:56:PM » Reply

lakitss,

That is why they call it faith.  But as a side note...read this book, as it might give you a different opinion or at least make you into an agnostic?

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-UltraViolet-Greg-Kinnear/dp/B00KDK64DY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419019547&sr=8-1&keywords=heaven+is+for+real

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Astounding-Christian-Originals/dp/B00ES294NK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419019659&sr=8-5&keywords=heaven+is+for+real
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 12 19, 14, 03:24:36:PM » Reply

AND A GREAT BIG "MERRY CHRISTMAS" TO YOU AS WELL!
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #8 on: 12 19, 14, 03:52:44:PM » Reply

anchoragedaniel...the failed theist.

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 12 19, 14, 04:09:59:PM » Reply

anchoragedan...the failed theist.

Johniel - the successful baby raper.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #10 on: 12 19, 14, 04:49:08:PM » Reply

What is the point for Atheists to insult Christians?  Why must they be so hostile?

Because they can't escape that nagging possibility that we have been correct all along and it totally scares them each years they come closer to their demise.  In the end, they will ALL whisper for forgiveness from God as they pass - if they can.

Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #11 on: 12 19, 14, 05:13:24:PM » Reply

For me the whole question is irrelevant.  The means, nature, mode, or processes of how man came to be what he is today means nothing to the fact of his existence at this moment.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: 2,000 yr old story that was primitive then and is hopelessly wrong now
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory