Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 10:26:48:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659498 Posts in 298499 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Supporting Repression and Torture in Cuba 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Supporting Repression and Torture in Cuba  (Read 42 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 12 19, 14, 12:08:38:PM » Reply

Americans must wake up to the fact "our president" has a preference for authoritarian regimes and will not work to support democratic movements in Cuba any more than he has anywhere else in the world.

http://politomix.com/american-thinker/628375/supporting-repression-and-torture-in-cuba/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 12 19, 14, 12:13:54:PM » Reply

Torture in Cuba - Cuba Verdad information on human rights and ...

"State Sponsors of Terrorism" is a designation applied by the United States Department of State to countries which have "repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism."   Inclusion on the list imposes strict sanctions.

The countries currently on the list are Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria.

The list began on December 29, 1979, with Libya, Iraq, South Yemen, and Syria. Cuba was added to the list on March 1, 1982 and Iran on January 19, 1984. Later North Korea in 1988 and Sudan on August 12, 1993 were added.

May 1, 2014

HAVANA TIMES — The United States has included Cuba in its list of countries that sponsor terrorism for the thirty-second consecutive year.

The US Department of State published on Wednesday its Annual Terrorism Report, which places Cuba alongside Iran, Sudan and Syria.

Cuban officials stated in September 2014 that U.S. economic sanctions had cost the island $3.9 billion in foreign trade over the past year, helping to raise the estimate of economic damage to $116.8 billion over the last 55 years. When factoring in the depreciation of the dollar against the international price of gold, the figure rises to $1.11 trillion. That's $ 1.11 trillion that the Cuban Government could not use to bankroll terrorist activities against the United States.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 12 19, 14, 12:20:12:PM » Reply

what terrorist activities against the US are you nuts blabbering about now?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 12 19, 14, 12:35:00:PM » Reply

Now you are accusing the U.S. State Dept. of being nuts, wvit.   Why?

May 1, 2014

HAVANA TIMES — The United States has included Cuba in its list of countries that sponsor terrorism for the thirty-second consecutive year.

The US Department of State published its Annual Terrorism Report, which places Cuba alongside Iran, Sudan and Syria.

"State Sponsors of Terrorism" is a designation applied by the United States Department of State to countries which have "repeatedly provided support for acts of international terrorism."   Inclusion on the list imposes strict sanctions.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 12 19, 14, 12:37:25:PM » Reply

Many years of sanctions and embargos have not forced regime change in Cuba, not should regime change be the goal of American foreign policy.  Business trading and remaining on speaking terms doesn't mean we support torture, or any collectivist regime.  If we were to cease trading with collectivist regimes, we should find ourselves almost alone in the world.   Indeed, I would go so far to say that America, itself, has become so collectivist that she is little different, in principle, from the rest of those regimes.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 12 19, 14, 12:54:51:PM » Reply

It is not about all collectivist regimes, chuck.

The US Department of State published its Annual Terrorism Report for 2014, which places Cuba alongside Iran, Sudan and Syria.
The United States has included Cuba in its list of countries that sponsor terrorism for the thirty-second consecutive year.

Why give in to Cuba?  Let them break over their refusal to stop their support of international terrorism.

Cuban officials stated in September 2014 that U.S. economic sanctions had cost the island $3.9 billion in foreign trade over the past year, helping to raise the estimate of economic damage to $116.8 billion over the last 55 years. When factoring in the depreciation of the dollar against the international price of gold, the figure rises to $1.11 trillion. That's $ 1.11 trillion that the Cuban Government could not use to bankroll terrorist activities against the United States.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 12 19, 14, 01:31:22:PM » Reply

That's $ 1.11 trillion that the Cuban Government could not use to bankroll terrorist activities against the United States.

Coulda, woulds, shoulda,  I can presume all sorts of things.  I'm not suggesting we make love to Cuba.  When I go into a store to purchase something, the owner could be a scumbag who is planning to shoot me for all I know.  But that doesn't stop me from trading with people where I benefit from it.  Now if he comes to my door with a gun in hand threatening to shoot me, that's a whole nother matter.  He is more likely to shoot me if he can't benefit from our trading, than otherwise.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 12 19, 14, 02:37:50:PM » Reply

I am still angry with what Cuba did to us in Vietnam with the "Cuba program"...  And that is only one issue.

http://vvof.org/cuba_res.htm
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #8 on: 12 19, 14, 02:55:59:PM » Reply

NOW jerkwater acts like he is against torture!!  hilarious!!  he has been saying all this time when bush authorized torture it was the best thing since sliced bread.  and that we would have lost WW2 if we had not tortured 19 spies.....what a chickenshit hypocrite jerkwater is!!  but we knew that!!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Supporting Repression and Torture in Cuba
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory