Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 12:00:23:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660611 Posts in 298607 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: New Kansas jobs figures stun Sam Brownback, and not in a good way - 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: New Kansas jobs figures stun Sam Brownback, and not in a good way -  (Read 84 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #12 on: 12 19, 14, 04:00:40:PM » Reply

Tell me ONE jobs program that Obama put forward that didn't cost us billions.

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #13 on: 12 20, 14, 07:22:23:AM » Reply

Wow, another opinion piece without any basis in fact!

Why am I not surprised!

dvd needs to google the word "dictionary,"  go get a dictionary, then look up the word "fact." it doesn't mean what he thinks it means, apparently.  that is all that article had was facts, you silly ass moron...have some 3rd grader you trust point out the facts shown below:

The new Kansas jobs numbers were released Friday morning, bringing horrible news to state taxpayers and Gov. Sam Brownback.

The federal Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the total number of nonfarm jobs in Kansas fell by 4,100 in November.

Kansas’ disturbing experience was at odds with how much of the rest of the country did. A total of 37 other states gained in employment in November, while only 13 others, including Kansas, dropped.

Missouri boosted employment by 4,500 in November, for instance, while Oklahoma gained 3,400 jobs. Two other neighbors, Nebraska and Colorado, were among the job losers, though not close to the number shredded in Kansas.

The figures show it’s going to be even tougher for Brownback — after pushing through excessive income tax cuts — to make up for the hundreds of millions of dollars in lost tax revenues from those reductions. They took effect in 2013.

The Kansas Legislature and Brownback already knew they were going to have a rough time figuring out how to slash a staggering $648 million from the next fiscal year’s projected budget of just over $6 billion. That work starts in January.

But if Kansas is not creating lots of new jobs — which the tax cuts were supposed to help do — the state budget could be in even bigger trouble than is now recognized.

The jobs figures in November show that the estimated employment totals released in October for Kansas may have been a one-month piece of good news for the state and the governor.Back then, the BLS reported a big surge of jobs for that month, up 8,400 over September. At the time, that was even more than the entire number of jobs the state had gained during the first nine months of the year, or 7,900 jobs.

However, Friday’s federal figures now show the state has added only a meager 12,200 total jobs for the first 11 months of the year. That’s barely more than 1,000 a month, and a growth rate of under 1 percent for the year. Missouri, by contrast, has a more robust 1.6 percent growth rate for 2014.

Brownback, you will recall, has pledged that Kansas should be able to add 2,000 private sector jobs a month during his second term starting in January, which he earned with his narrow re-election on Nov. 4.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #14 on: 12 20, 14, 09:24:03:AM » Reply

According to the BLS current population survey (CPS), the unemployment rate for Kansas fell 0.1 percentage points in November 2014 to 4.3%. The state unemployment rate was 1.5 percentage points lower than the national rate for the month. The unemployment rate in Kansas peaked in June 2009 at 7.5% and is now 3.2 percentage points lower.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 12 20, 14, 09:34:47:AM » Reply

The number of people unemployed in Kansas peaked in July 2009 at 113,984. There are now 50,288 fewer people unemployed in the state.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #16 on: 12 20, 14, 11:46:13:AM » Reply

Tell me ONE jobs program that Obama put forward that didn't cost us billions.

Actually it did cost us billions!

The only ones to profit were lawyers and the professionally offended!

You want an example of pay disparity?

Look at the Obama White House!

You do know they exempted themselves from that "act"!
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: New Kansas jobs figures stun Sam Brownback, and not in a good way -
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory