Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 12:32:34:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662951 Posts in 298827 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama admits he "changed the law" with EO on Immigration 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Obama admits he "changed the law" with EO on Immigration  (Read 101 times)
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« on: 11 26, 14, 01:25:41:PM » Reply

... thus proving his critics right, that he violated the Constitution.

Obama accidentally let it slip that he changed the law
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 11 26, 14, 01:30:47:PM » Reply

He got rattled by a heckler and let his guard down.
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #2 on: 11 26, 14, 01:34:44:PM » Reply

He knows his constitution alrighty.

What a dictator he is.

Ironic. He keeps on making history - intellectual dictatorial command - one after another.
Against our founding fathers wishes. And Dems keep on allowing him to do it all.

Why did they nominate him a second time and support him for president a second time?

Sheez. Dems.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #3 on: 11 26, 14, 01:42:22:PM » Reply

wow!! people stupid enough to believe what breitbart says!!  changing the way the immigration law is enforced, the same exact way reagan and both bushes did by executive order, is not changing the law.  i know you stupid fuck bitches are brainwashed, i just can't figure out how breitbart and fox and rush and newsmax were able to wash something so fucking tiny to begin with.  here, read something fair and balanced, shithead liars and stooges.

Although Mr. Obama is not breaking new ground by using executive powers to carve out a quasi-legal status for certain categories of unauthorized immigrants — the Republican Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush and Gomer Bush all did so — his decision will affect as many as five million immigrants, far more than the actions of those presidents.

President Obama defended his authority to act on immigration and challenged Congress to pass its own legislative overhaul of the system. Video by Associated Press on Publish Date November 20, 2014. Photo by Pool photo by Jim Bourg.

In an acknowledgment of the difficult questions of law and executive power Mr. Obama is raising with his action, the White House took the unusual step Thursday night of releasing the formal, 33-page Justice Department memo detailing the action’s legal underpinnings. Such internal legal opinions are seldom revealed to the public.

The memo, White House officials and a broad array of legal experts assert that the president’s directive, announced Thursday night in a prime-time address to the nation, rests on firm legal ground.

As chief executive, they say, Mr. Obama has virtually unfettered “prosecutorial discretion” to decide when he will or will not prosecute criminal infractions.

They also say that because Congress does not appropriate nearly enough money to deport all of the 11 million undocumented immigrants estimated to be living in the United States, the president is obligated to choose whom he deports, so he cannot reasonably be accused of usurping lawmakers’ authority or failing to execute the law.

“The key is that the president’s actions will still leave millions of undocumented immigrants to go after, and that will be with resources appropriated by Congress that still make barely a dent in the remaining population,” said Stephen H. Legomsky, a Washington University law school professor who was chief counsel of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services from 2011 to 2013.

The White House also released a letter Thursday night signed by 10 of the nation’s top legal and constitutional scholars, including Laurence H. Tribe of Harvard, a noted liberal, and Eric Posner of the University of Chicago, a conservative, that called the new policy “lawful” and “within the power of the executive branch.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/us/politics/obamas-immigration-decision-has-precedents-but-may-set-a-new-one.html?_r=0
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #4 on: 11 26, 14, 01:46:15:PM » Reply

hoosier - who says anyone is influenced by anyone else.

Is this the truth or not?

I am pretty sure the PEOPLE know what their own constitution says.

They are simply tired after six years - of Obama sheeiting all over it.

Don't need any progressive Harvard ideologue lying to us all about what our founding father wrote. Intended and actually authored.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 11 26, 14, 01:50:20:PM » Reply

wow!! people stupid enough to believe what breitbart says!!

Breitbart didn't say it, Obama did.  Are you suggesting Jon Gruber was right?  People are stupid enough to believe Obama?

changing the way the immigration law is enforced

Hmmmmm, listen to it again.  Obama didn't say he changed THE WAY the law was enforced.  He said he changed THE LAW!

... is not changing the law.

So you think Obama was mistaken when he said he "changed the law?"  Or are you claiming that wasn't Obama?  That it was somebody impersonating Obama?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 11 26, 14, 01:56:33:PM » Reply

all presidents have vigorously enforced some laws and not vigorously enforced others, if at all.  bush did not enforce EPA standards, for example.   all presidents mentioned have signed executive orders affecting how immigration laws will be enforced, too.  you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.  goddamn.  it is all there in the NY Times article.  can you not read?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 11 26, 14, 02:02:32:PM » Reply

all presidents have vigorously enforced some laws and not vigorously enforced others

Un-huh.  But Obama didn't say anything about enforcement.  He said he CHANGED the law.

bush did not enforce EPA standards, for example.

EPA standards are not established by Congress.

you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

It appears you are the one who doesn't have a clue here.  I am talking about Obama's own words when he himself said he "changed the law."  If you disagree with his interpretation, I suggest you direct your anger at him.  He is the one who said it.

goddamn.  it is all there in the NY Times article.

God damn.  It is right there in the video.  Can't you hear?
ttopcat

« Reply #8 on: 11 26, 14, 02:04:50:PM » Reply

Every president does the immigration thing.Congress never does anything anyway!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 11 26, 14, 02:07:19:PM » Reply

Here you go, nancy hoserhead, since you obviously didn't bother watching what Obama said in his own words:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZOFbDUHJnE?list=UUFldR60VyvA0S_zV776E_KQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZOFbDUHJnE?list=UUFldR60VyvA0S_zV776E_KQ</a>
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #10 on: 11 26, 14, 02:09:22:PM » Reply

Let me explain something to you.

It is the job of Congress to make law.  It is the job of the president to enforce the law.

Got it?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 11 26, 14, 02:10:09:PM » Reply

"changing the way the law is enforced" uses more words but is accurate.  he is not admitting he changed the law, because that would be a lie.  read his executive order if you can.  he clearly is not changing any immigration law, stupid.  can you not read?  do you not understand how for simplicity sake when yelling back at some rowdy clowns yelling at him while he is speaking that he would say "I changed the law affecting immigration" when he clearly meant "I changed the way the existing immigration law is enforced, just like republican presidents eisenhower, reagan and both bushes did."  are you saying they also "changed the law" with their executive orders that affected how immigration laws were enforced?  see how fucking stupid you are, boy?  you believe breitbart's retarded clumsy attempt at a "gotcha" when people with an IQ know all they have to do is read the executive order obama recently signed to know he did not CHANGE ANY CURRENT LAW.  HE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE A LAW.  WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THAT, STUPID FUCK BITCH?
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama admits he "changed the law" with EO on Immigration
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory