Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:32:52:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Jobless Claims in U.S. Increase to Almost Three-Month High 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Jobless Claims in U.S. Increase to Almost Three-Month High  (Read 55 times)
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« on: 11 26, 14, 12:53:18:PM » Reply

Merry Christmas Kids !!

Jobless Claims in U.S. Increase to Almost Three-Month High

More Americans than forecast filed for unemployment benefits last week, a possible sign the pace of improvement in the labor market has cooled.
Jobless claims increased by 21,000 to 313,000 in the week ended Nov. 22, the highest since early September, from 292,000 in the prior period, the Labor Department reported today in Washington. It would take several weeks of sustained elevated readings to confirm the labor market has taken a step back.

It's particularly difficult to adjust the data during the holiday season, suggesting there should be no rush to judgment yet, Thomas Simons, an economist at Jefferies LLC in New York, said in a research note.
"Variant winter weather, the floating timing of the Thanksgiving holiday, and preparations for the holiday-shopping season that differ from prior years tend to make historical comparisons difficult," Simons wrote. "Volatility will probably continue to be elevated until the end of the year, but we expect that claims will drift lower again."

The median forecast of 48 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a decline to 288,000, with estimates ranging from 280,000 to 300,000. The prior week's claims were revised from an initial reading of 291,000.
Consumer Spending
Other reports today showed consumer spending climbed in October at the same pace as incomes, and demand for capital goods unexpectedly dropped for a second month.

Expenditures increased 0.2 percent last month after being little changed in September, showing households are staying within their means as the holiday-shopping season begins, Commerce Department figures showed today in Washington.
Orders for non-military durable goods excluding aircraft, a proxy for future business investment in new equipment, fell 1.3 percent last month, the same as in September, the Commerce Department reported.
Stock-index futures dropped after the reports, erasing earlier gains. The contract on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index maturing in December was little changed at 2,067.3 at 9:03 a.m. in New York.
There was nothing unusual in the claims data and no states were estimated, a Labor Department spokesman said as the report was released to the press.
The four-week average of claims, a less-volatile measure than the weekly figure, climbed to 294,000 from 287,750 the week before.
Continuing Claims
The number of people continuing to receive jobless benefits dropped by 17,000 to 2.32 million in the week ended Nov. 15, the fewest since December 2000.
In that same period, the unemployment rate among people eligible for benefits fell to 1.7 percent, the lowest since November 2000, from 1.8 percent the prior week, the report showed.
Initial jobless claims reflect weekly firings and typically decrease before job growth can accelerate.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobless-claims-u-increase-almost-133001332.html
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #1 on: 11 26, 14, 12:56:06:PM » Reply

HK91,
I am so mad at you...I mean you just took away a post from wvit? 
littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 11 26, 14, 12:58:58:PM » Reply

Million giving up on finding a decent job and tens of millions working part-time is not indicative of a strong ecomony. Our economy is much like the Democratic Party, a sham.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 11 26, 14, 01:01:22:PM » Reply

what's showing our strong economy is how well our country is doing now.  developement work is booming, people are spending money, jobs are plentiful, wages are rising.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #4 on: 11 26, 14, 01:05:28:PM » Reply

wvit,

What is the U-6 rate for unemployed and underemployed, as that is the true picture of the current State of the Economy!!
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #5 on: 11 26, 14, 01:31:59:PM » Reply

brainwashed assholes still prefer when the economy was losing 754,000 jobs a month, the dow lost half its value, and the unemployment rate almost doubled, all in the last year of war criminal bush and the aptly named BUSH RECESSION.  and they still cry about people not looking for work when help wanted ads and signs are all over the country.  what stupid fuck right wing stooges!!

* unemp 2001-2014.gif (4.39 KB, 600x300 - viewed 1 times.)
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 11 26, 14, 01:33:42:PM » Reply

brainwashed assholes still prefer when the economy was losing 754,000 jobs a month, the dow lost half its value, and the unemployment rate almost doubled, all in the last year of war criminal bush and the aptly named BUSH RECESSION.  and they still cry about people not looking for work when help wanted ads and signs are all over the country.  what stupid fuck right wing stooges!!  see how unemployment has shrunk during president obama's time and help wanted ads on line have skyrocketed?  if anybody does not have a job right now it is because he either does not want one or does not need one...either way, why do you right wingers act like you care?

* help wanted graph.gif (27.79 KB, 505x318 - viewed 0 times.)
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #7 on: 11 26, 14, 01:47:21:PM » Reply

HK91,
I am so mad at you...I mean you just took away a post from wvit? 

YEeaaaa--I kinda Planned it that way!!
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #8 on: 11 26, 14, 01:59:57:PM » Reply

humor your right wing buddies with some of your racist posts, hk-47!!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 11 26, 14, 03:44:52:PM » Reply

well you knew it was going to happen didn't you?

after all when you support a war... any war.... the only one that suffers are the people...

after all the soldiers have to be paid and the money has to come from somewhere.... in order to have freedom and democracy and oil... well.... the people spoke and now you listen? Or should I say hear....

and guess what?  it's gonna get worse...

poverty has not set in yet in America... but it's coming... pretty much like third world living... well you know it's coming right?

well know it....
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Jobless Claims in U.S. Increase to Almost Three-Month High
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory