Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 12:09:02:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662676 Posts in 298802 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Judges Strike Down Arkansas and Mississippi Gay Marriage Bans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Judges Strike Down Arkansas and Mississippi Gay Marriage Bans  (Read 69 times)
wvit1001

« on: 11 26, 14, 12:21:01:PM » Reply

Federal judges on Tuesday struck down same-sex marriage bans in Mississippi and Arkansas, opening the door to gay nuptials in the Deep South. If their decisions stand, they could bring the number of states that allow gays and lesbians to wed to 37.

U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves in Mississippi said the state’s gay marriage ban violated same-sex couples the rights guaranteed under the 14th Amendment of the U.S.

Constitution. He stayed his ruling for 14 days but also noted clerks could not issue gay marriage licenses until further guidance was given from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals or the U.S. Supreme Court (the 5th circuit is currently considering challenges to same-sex marriage bans from other states in its area).

"This court joins the vast majority of federal courts to conclude that same-sex couples and the children they raise are equal before the law," Reeves wrote in his opinion. "The state of Mississippi cannot deny them the marriage rights and responsibilities it holds out to opposite-sex couples and their children."

Attorney General Jim Hood said the state would appeal the decision to the 5th Circuit and ask for a stay until that court decides the cases before it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judges-strike-down-arkansas-mississippi-gay-marriage-bans-n256316
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 11 26, 14, 12:37:35:PM » Reply

What's in it for you nitwit, besides forcing your homosexual perversion on the public as if it were normal!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 11 26, 14, 12:39:18:PM » Reply

Another unelected bureaucrat single-handedly overturns the will of the people.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 11 26, 14, 12:42:08:PM » Reply

Another piece of corruption hand picked by Obama!
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 11 26, 14, 12:42:21:PM » Reply

There's nothing in it for me other than being able to see all Americans being treated equally by our laws.  And seeing that America's system of checks and balances are still in place and functioning.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 11 26, 14, 12:44:11:PM » Reply

There's nothing in it for me other than being able to see all Americans being treated equally by our laws.

Hey me too.  I think the laws against people marrying people of the same sex should apply to heterosexuals too.

So does this mean you oppose Affirmative Action?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 11 26, 14, 12:44:53:PM » Reply

nitwit if you wasn't a queer, then you wouldn't be championing the so called gay rights, the lie you tell that you aren't gay won't fly nitwit!
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 11 26, 14, 12:47:58:PM » Reply

I'm not a minority either but I do support equal treatment of all Americans by our government.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 11 26, 14, 12:48:26:PM » Reply

June 13, 1866
States ratify 14th Amendment, granting former slaves citizenship and promising them “equal protection of the laws”.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 11 26, 14, 12:57:49:PM » Reply

that was a great time for America wasn't it sweaty.  America coming to grips with the reality of the statement that "all men are created equal."
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #10 on: 11 26, 14, 12:58:07:PM » Reply

wvit and hawk wanta get married, but can't agree on which State they wanta tie the knot??
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #11 on: 11 26, 14, 01:05:00:PM » Reply

I'm not a minority either but I do support equal treatment of all Americans by our government.

Hey, me too.  So you oppose Affirmative Action?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Judges Strike Down Arkansas and Mississippi Gay Marriage Bans
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory