Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 08:49:01:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653701 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Rep. advises Obama to invite Darren Wilson to the White House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Rep. advises Obama to invite Darren Wilson to the White House  (Read 141 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 11 26, 14, 08:56:35:AM » Reply

Rep. Peter King’s (R-NY)… suggestion… that President Barack Obama invite the freshly exonerated Officer Darren Wilson to the White House is not without merit.  
“I think it would be very helpful if President Obama went and met with the police officer, or at least invited him to the White House,” King said on Fox Business Network.

“And say, ‘you’ve gone through four months of smear and slander and the least we can do is tell you that it is unfortunate that it happened and thank you for doing your job.’”

Reflecting on Obama’s speech last night, King said he thought the President’s remarks were “lackluster.”

“I wish he said one good word about the police — one good word about Officer Wilson who had gone through all this,” King said, noting that the controversy affected both the defense and the prosecution.

The administration didn’t shy away from sending three White House officials to Michael Brown’s funeral. If we’re keeping track, that young man has now been determined by a grand jury to have been shot as a result of his assault on a police officer. That is not behavior deserving of a posthumous honor like the attention of aides to the President of the United States.

It would only be fair and noble for Obama to make amends for this lapse in judgment by taking King up on his suggestion and inviting the wronged party, Wilson, to the White House.

“And I think if we are going to have peace, I think it’s important for both sides to be honest here.”

And, you know what? He’s right. For the White House, that is the most painful part.

Trackback URL

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 11 26, 14, 09:08:07:AM » Reply

that's like asking some rich young actress to invite charlie manson over for dinner, stupid fuck.  wilson was not cleared of anything.  he never had to face trial.  the goddamn DA did not try to indict him.  why was there any need for a goddamn grand jury to indict the asshole?  if you shot some unarmed guy to death in the middle of the street in broad daylight, firing 12 fucking times from about 20' away, would you be taken straight to trial or have to be indicted by a grand jury first?  THE DA HAS THE DISCRETION IN A CLEAR CUT CASE OF MURDER TO TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO TRIAL.  WHY DIDN'T HE?

The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies. Grand jury members may be called for jury duty for months at a time, but need only appear in court for a few days out of every month. Regular court trial juries are usually 6 or 12 people, but in the federal system, a grand jury can be 16 to 23 people.

The grand jury is one of the first procedures in a criminal trial, if used at all. See FindLaw's Criminal Procedure section for more articles, including Criminal Procedure FAQ and How are Criminal Charges Brought Against Someone?
How Does a Grand Jury Differ from a Preliminary Hearing?

While all states have provisions in their laws that allow for grand juries, roughly half of the states don't use them. Courts often use preliminary hearings prior to criminal trials, instead of grand juries, which are adversarial in nature. As with grand juries, preliminary hearings are meant to determine whether there is enough evidence, or probable cause, to indict a criminal suspect.

Unlike a grand jury, a preliminary hearing is usually open to the public and involves lawyers and a judge (not so with grand juries, other than the prosecutor). Sometimes, a preliminary hearing proceeds a grand jury. One of the biggest differences between the two is the requirement that a defendant request a preliminary hearing, although the court may decline a request.

- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html#sthash.qBxwfn0p.dpuf
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 11 26, 14, 09:24:50:AM » Reply

If we’re keeping track, that young man has now been determined by a grand jury to have been shot as a result of his assault on a police officer. That is not behavior deserving of a posthumous honor like the attention of aides to the President of the United States.

It would only be fair and noble for Obama to make amends for this lapse in judgment by taking King up on his suggestion and inviting the wronged party, Wilson, to the White House.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #3 on: 11 26, 14, 09:28:16:AM » Reply

sweetwater5s9
Contributor
Re: Rep. advises Obama to invite Darren Wilson to the White House
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:24:50 AM »   Reply

If we’re keeping track, that young man has now been determined by a grand jury to have been shot as a result of his assault on a police officer.

no, that is not what the grand jury determined, stupid fuck liar.  read what i posted again, you goddamn lying asshole.

The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party.

- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html#sthash.qBxwfn0p.dpuf
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 11 26, 14, 09:36:41:AM » Reply

The grand jury is one of the first procedures in a criminal trial.

However, unlike the vast majority of trials, grand jury proceedings are kept in strict confidence. This serves two purposes: It encourages witnesses to speak freely and without fear of retaliation. It protects the potential defendant's reputation in case the jury does not decide to indict.

Grand juries do not need a unanimous decision from all members to indict, but it does need a supermajority of 2/3 or 3/4 agreement for an indictment.

If we’re keeping track, that young man has now been determined by a grand jury to have been shot as a result of his assault on a police officer. That is not behavior deserving of a posthumous honor like the attention of aides to the President of the United States.

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #5 on: 11 26, 14, 09:44:25:AM » Reply

what lapse of judgment by obama, chickenshit?  and you just posted the reason why you are lying about what a grand jury does- it does not determine guilt.  why do you keep repeating lies, motherfucker?  how about a quote from obama that showed any lapse of judgment concerning this travesty of justice?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 11 26, 14, 09:50:36:AM » Reply

Wilson exits the car to give chase. He yells at Brown to get down on the ground. Here, I'm going to go back to Wilson's words:

When he stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a grunting noise and had the most intense, aggressive face I've ever seen on a person. When he looked at me, he then did like the hop...you know, like people do to start running. And, he started running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his shirt into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground again. He didn't. I fired multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots, I paused a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in the same state. Still charging, hand still in his waistband, hadn't slowed down.

The stuff about Brown putting his hand in his waistband is meant to suggest that Wilson had reason to believe Brown might pull a gun. But it's strange. We know Brown didn't have a gun. And that's an odd fact to obscure while charging a police officer.

Either way, at that point, Wilson shoots again, and kills Brown.

There are inconsistencies in Wilson's story. He estimates that Brown ran 20-30 feet away from the car and then charged another 10 feet back towards Wilson. But we know Brown died 150 feet away from the car.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 26, 14, 09:58:22:AM » Reply

Grand juries provide little protection to accused suspects and are much more useful to prosecutors. Grand juries have such broad subpoena power that they can investigate alleged crimes very thoroughly and often assist the prosecutor in his job. Grand juries sometimes compel witnesses to testify without the presence of their attorneys. Evidence uncovered during the grand jury investigation can be used by the prosecutor in a later trial.

Individuals subject to grand jury proceedings do not have a Sixth Amendment constitutional right to counsel in the grand jury room, nor do they have a Sixth Amendment right to confront and cross-examine witnesses. Additionally, individuals in grand jury proceedings can be charged with holding the court in contempt (punishable with incarceration for the remaining term of the grand jury) if they refuse to appear before the jury.

Generally speaking, a grand jury may issue an indictment for a crime, also known as a "true bill," only if it finds, based upon the evidence that there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed by a criminal suspect.

Grand juries do not need a unanimous decision from all members to indict.

If we’re keeping track, Brown has now been determined by a grand jury to have been shot as a result of his assault on a police officer. That is not behavior deserving of a posthumous honor like the attention of aides to the President of the United States.

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #8 on: 11 26, 14, 10:05:20:AM » Reply

fair and noble to invite a chickenshit killer to the white house?  and what lapses in judgment, chickenshit liar?  got any quotes to back up that lie, asshole?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 11 26, 14, 10:09:13:AM » Reply

You really do not understand do you that Obama honoring a criminal and ignoring the victim is a lapse of judgement, hooty?   You are more ill than I thought... 
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 11 26, 14, 11:05:50:AM » Reply

Chickenshit killer hooty, really have you ever killed anyone hooty, what do you base that statement on hooty "that the person pulling the trigger is a chickenshit," are you capable of being a chickenshit hooty

or would you fall to you knees and beg for you life? What an expert you are hooty, an expert that has done nothing but whine all your life!
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 11 26, 14, 12:14:34:PM » Reply

what lapses of judgment, chickenshit liar?  do you have any quotes backing up that lie, little feller?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Rep. advises Obama to invite Darren Wilson to the White House
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory