Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 07:40:37:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659491 Posts in 298499 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Breaking: Hagel fired? Update: Yes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Breaking: Hagel fired? Update: Yes  (Read 48 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 11 24, 14, 10:02:35:AM » Reply

Obama will hold a press conference later today to announce that Chuck Hagel has resigned as Secretary of Defense. According to the New York Times, his departure is not entirely voluntary, either.

“He wasn’t up to the job.”

The White House has been fumbling on ISIS and Afghanistan for months now, if not during Hagel’s entire tenure. Obama denied that ISIS was a threat and kept insisting that the US would pull out of Afghanistan on schedule. Only in the last few weeks has that posture changed, and it’s far from clear that Hagel was the problem in either case. Hagel’s Defense Intelligence group had been warning Congress and Obama since January of the grave danger ISIS posed, and it was the military that wanted a broader mission in Afghanistan after the end of this year.

Hagel had long opposed the Iraq war from the ranks of the Senate Republican caucus, and lent Obama some cheap credit on bipartisanship without challenging him on policy in the least. Hagel had next to no qualifications to lead the massive Defense Department, and despite getting ISIS right has not exactly impressed as SecDef.

Now Obama wants to shift back to some limited form of the forward strategy, with an extension in Afghanistan and likely some use of ground troops in Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS. Hagel’s opposition to that kind of interventionism won’t make him an asset in the new strategy, so out he goes. That’s really not a great deal different than George W. Bush replacing Donald Rumsfeld after the 2006 midterms with Robert Gates. It’s just that the problem in the Bush administration was how to fight the war, while in the Obama administration it’s been the refusal to admit that there is a war going on.

Obama has to find a candidate who can pass muster with the new Republican majority in January, while still hewing close to Obama’s middle-of-the-road, hesitationist impulses. It’ll be interesting to see who Obama chooses, but don’t expect the GOP to block anyone who’s capable of handling the new policy.

Trackback URL
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #1 on: 11 24, 14, 10:07:21:AM » Reply

Interesting,  eh?
lakitss

« Reply #2 on: 11 24, 14, 10:12:32:AM » Reply

Resigned my ass; Chuck showed some sack and called out Barry's pathetic foreign policies and military budget cuts as well, and Barry doesn't like criticism or the truth.

Get ready for some muslim appeasing leftist to take over and finish the planned destruction of our military.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 11 24, 14, 10:14:46:AM » Reply

Obama has to blame someone for his failures...
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 11 24, 14, 10:15:31:AM » Reply

they come and they go all the time and with every president.  there's nothing strange or out of place with this announcement.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 24, 14, 10:17:54:AM » Reply

So are you blaming Hagel or Obama for the failures?
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 11 24, 14, 10:29:53:AM » Reply

I'm saying that they come and they go.  I don't remember seeing any failures.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #7 on: 11 24, 14, 10:34:47:AM » Reply

Chuckie can't cut it.

Get RID Of the dead weight Chuck.

littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 11 24, 14, 10:37:13:AM » Reply

In the years to come Comrade Obama will be ripped by those whom he appointed to high office. Failure will be the legacy of Comrade Obama.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 11 24, 14, 10:46:07:AM » Reply

Obama will be ripped by those whom he appointed to high office

He already has been...more to come I agree.   
lakitss

« Reply #10 on: 11 24, 14, 11:38:07:AM » Reply

This is just lock step that follows the forced retirements of many military general officers critical of Barry's dealings with his muslim terrorist buddies, shredding the military's budget, and deliberate weakening our our armed forces.

Essentially the enemy within.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #11 on: 11 24, 14, 01:07:47:PM » Reply

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/politics/article/AP-Source-Hagel-resigning-as-Defense-secretary-5913974.php

I think he and power behind the prez, Valerie Jarrett didn't get on too well...He was probably tired of her running the country from behind the giant curtain...
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Breaking: Hagel fired? Update: Yes
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About