Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 06:56:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660978 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Sorry, benito Obama: Scripture Doesn’t Support Amnesty 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Sorry, benito Obama: Scripture Doesn’t Support Amnesty  (Read 71 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 11 24, 14, 06:16:43:AM » Reply

So President Obama is quoting Scripture to make his case for amnesty. I just knew the separation-of-church-and-state crowd would be up in arms today with shouts of protest—wait, there aren’t any. No scathing posts. No statement from the Freedom From Religion Foundation. Oh, right, this is a Democratic president, so it’s okay. His reference to Exodus 22:1 and 23:9 is perfectly acceptable. But like most politicians who pillage the Bible for their own purposes, Obama plucked verses out of context. “Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt” is nestled within a list of other commandments—as well as a linguistic and historical framework:

• “If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife.” So, all you guys who have sex with a girl you’re not married to—you need to put a ring on it. The Bible says so.
  • “Do not allow the sorceress to live.” Wiccans beware! Obama might be after you next.
  • “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed.” If we adopted this directive, the war with the Islamic State would certainly take an interesting turn. Will Obama be quoting that one at his next national security meeting? Let’s hope not.
  • In Exodus 23, just a few verses above “You shall not oppress a stranger” is “Do not kill the innocent.” Is Obama going to take executive action and overturn Roe v. Wade? Don’t hold your breath.

It would, however, be prudent for anyone cheering Obama’s executive overreach to contemplate that if the president can act because Congress won’t on immigration, he sets a precedent for a future Republican president to do the same. Imagine this: the GOP president in 2017 makes a speech about how the Bible says we shouldn’t kill the innocent, and with a stroke of his pen, he makes abortion illegal. I can just hear the howls of protest then.

Let’s Look at Supposed Biblical Support for Amnesty
    So what of this verse, “Do not oppress a stranger”? Let’s take a closer look at it. The Hebrew word for “oppress” in this context is lachats (law-khats’). It means to afflict, squeeze, press, force, hold shut, oppress. The word connotes more than “we need to show hospitality” or even caring for the poor. It’s a strong word, implying disdain and hostility toward the stranger, not caring for his needs at all, not showing him dignity as a human being.
    The passage makes a comparison to the Jews in Egypt. Egyptian oppression wasn’t just that the Jews weren’t taken care of. They were oppressed, pressed down, enslaved. They had to make bricks from straw, and they were beaten. Is this what American citizens are doing to illegal immigrants? Are we oppressing them? Obama basically accused us of being cruel and selfish—he called us oppressors, in the same way that Egyptians were oppressors to the Israelites. Are we? No, not at all. Quite the contrary.

more..
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #1 on: 11 24, 14, 06:17:47:AM » Reply

Americans Lavish Care on Illegal Immigrants

Just look at what benefits illegal immigrants can get, as outlined, for example, by The Children’s Aid Society in New York. In their brochure, “Know Your Rights,” they inform people who come here illegally of all the benefits open to them—and how they can get them even when they don’t exactly qualify. “Undocumented immigrants are not eligible for public assistance but may receive other benefits and services necessary for health and survival. Below is a list of resources for low-income undocumented immigrant families.”

• Emergency Medicaid: Persons who cannot pay or have no insurance (regardless of immigration status) can be treated for emergency conditions at public hospitals free of charge; they will have to fill out paperwork so that the hospital can be reimbursed by the government.
  • HHC Plus: All financially eligible undocumented adults can obtain discounted medical care, including prescriptions and mental health treatment, through the Health and Hospitals Corporation.
  • Medicaid/Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP): Public health insurance and prenatal health insurance are available to all financially eligible pregnant women without regard to immigration status.
  • Child Health Plus (CHP): State health insurance is available to financially eligible children regardless of immigration status.
  • Food Stamps: While undocumented immigrants are not eligible, other people in the family, including children who are born citizens, may receive this benefit.
  • School Breakfast and Lunch Program: Free or reduced-price meals are provided to students at public and participating private schools.
  • Public housing: In general, only legal immigrants are eligible. In the case of mixed families, the family may still qualify for public housing but the amount of the family’s housing subsidy will be reduced accordingly for those who decline to submit their documentary evidence. New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) requires all tenants to verify citizenship or immigration status, but family members can avoid disclosure by “electing not to contend.”
  • Employment benefits: Workers Compensation provides weekly cash payments and covers the cost of medical treatment, including rehabilitation, for covered employees who become disabled as a result of injury (or disease) connected with their employment. It also provides payments for qualified dependents of a worker who dies from an injury or illness. The New York State Attorney General’s Office advises that Workers Compensation benefits are available to anyone who worked including those paid in cash, paid off the books, paid as independent contractors or otherwise not reported to the government as an employee. Immigration status is irrelevant.
  • Domestic violence: Undocumented immigrants who have been abused or whose children have been abused by their U.S. citizen or lawfully permanent resident status partner may be eligible for public benefits and for “green card” status.
Not exactly oppression, would you say?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 11 24, 14, 06:21:29:AM » Reply

Sorry Barack, but, "Let them go forth and Multiply" has nothing to do with illegally crossing borders...

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #3 on: 11 24, 14, 06:25:44:AM » Reply

fuck you, stupid.  cherry picking redneck bullshit from the old testament doesn't prove a damn thing...there are far more examples of tolerance and forgiveness and loving everyone as your brother, especially in the NEW TESTAMENT, WHICH TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER THE OLD STUPID FUCK TESTAMENT, MORON....can you, even as stupid as you are, imagine jesus saying, yes, break up these families due to some law!!  the children born here can stay because they are legal citizens, but their parents must get the fuck out of here.  go wait on tables in mexico, bitches.  who cares if your family is broken up due to our goofy immigration laws? 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 11 24, 14, 06:28:23:AM » Reply

Getting advice from an Atheist about the Bible is like getting advice from a proctologist for lips sores....  Ok, bad example since that is where you would get your advice from.
John Adams

« Reply #5 on: 11 24, 14, 06:29:41:AM » Reply

Tell us how it is that we have these goofy immigration laws.....

Hint: The Lion Of The Senate, circa 1965.......
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 11 24, 14, 06:32:19:AM » Reply

the children born here can stay because they are legal citizens, but their parents must get the fuck out of here.  go wait on tables in mexico, bitches.  who cares if your family is broken up due to our goofy immigration laws?

Just like a really stupid leftist to claim its our fault when illegals cause their own problems.  Hoosiers mindset says its the cops fault the criminal got caught.

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 11 24, 14, 06:35:42:AM » Reply

Getting advice from an Atheist about the Bible is like getting advice from a proctologist for lips sores....  Ok, bad example since that is where you would get your advice from.

i am not an atheist, chickenshit fake christian. i am just not a chickenshit fake christian like you, thank god.  how can you stand yourself being such a racist, greedy chickenshit bitch and still try to claim you follow christ?  you are the type fake ass christian jesus PREACHED AGAINST THE MOST, YOU MORON.  goddamn.  what a lying, hypocritical fake christian you are.  go to hell.  jesus compels thee. 

Galatians 5:14

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 13:2

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Romans 14:1-23

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Jeremiah 22:3

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Exodus 12:49

There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

Leviticus 25:35-38

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you. You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God.

Leviticus 24:22 

You shall have the same rule for the sojourner and for the native, for I am the Lord your God.”
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 11 24, 14, 06:58:21:AM » Reply

Obama suffers from white guilt, too...

Obama is “damaging the presidency” through illegitimate executive declarations that “the people’s House” will act to curtail his abuse of power.   Obama has no one to blame but himself.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #9 on: 11 24, 14, 07:30:16:AM » Reply

i guess reagan and both bushes had white guilt, too, because of their use of executive orders to selectively enforce immigration laws....
John Adams

« Reply #10 on: 11 24, 14, 07:48:15:AM » Reply

Why do you ignore the law that congress passed in 1986, Simpson-mazzoli.......
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #11 on: 11 24, 14, 08:09:55:AM » Reply

why do you think that is relevant, shit for brains?
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Sorry, benito Obama: Scripture Doesn’t Support Amnesty
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory