Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 05:19:53:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660562 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama CANNOT change a Law via Executive Order. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Obama CANNOT change a Law via Executive Order.  (Read 514 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #24 on: 11 24, 14, 06:27:40:AM » Reply

With some regularity, however, the existing forms of immigration relief have been overtaken by circumstances. When that has happened, Congress steps in. In 1986, faced with a large and growing population of illegal aliens, Congress created a new, time-limited form of immigration relief for certain aliens who, among other things, had to have come to the United States more than six years previously. This is the much ballyhooed Reagan amnesty. It was, unfortunately, riddled with fraud in its execution, the uncovering of which is still roiling the immigrant community. But even setting that aside it left President Reagan with a moral dilemma. Congress’ amnesty was large—just shy of 3 million people—and it had the unanticipated effect of splitting up freshly-legalized parents from their illegally-present minor children who did not qualify for relief.

What the Progressive commentariat is not telling you is that the Reagan and Bush immigration orders looked nothing like Obama’s creation of a new, open-ended form of immigration relief.

So Reagan, seeing this family unity problem that Congress had not anticipated or addressed when it granted amnesty to millions of parents, issued an executive order to defer the removal of children of the people who had applied for immigration amnesty under Congress’ new law. He allowed those children to remain in the United States while their parents’ applications for amnesty were pending. A few years later, Bush 41 extended this bit of administrative grace to these same children plus certain spouses of the aliens who had actually been granted immigration amnesty under Congress’ new law.

Congress, though it had desired to grant amnesty, had not considered and not included the spouses and children. Importantly, nor had it excluded them. So Presidents Reagan and Bush 41 filled that statutory gap. “What do we do with spouses and children?” INS asked. “Well,” the executive branch leaders said, “defer their deportation. Decline to exercise your lawful authority for the particular cases that are related to those Congress has offered amnesty.”
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #25 on: 11 24, 14, 06:28:07:AM » Reply

too fucking stupid to even try to educate.

He went from being a champion high school debater, to graduating summa cum laude in his class at Harvard, to rowing for Oxford, to editing the Yale Law Journal.

He received a White House fellowship a few weeks before Sept. 11, 2001, and after the terrorist attacks he advised the Attorney General on immigration issues.   He returned home a few years later to take a job as a professor of constitutional law.

For a decade, he has led the legal effort to strengthen the country’s immigration laws and toughen their enforcement. He co-wrote 16 state laws. Governors have been texting his cellphone and Senate staffers have been sending e-mails.  But he is also Kansas’s secretary of state.

He is working on the lawsuit, 40 or 50 pages already written. “We have a clear violation here of Article 2, Section 3,” he says.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2014/11/22/f6d2b3fe-728a-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #26 on: 11 24, 14, 06:28:14:AM » Reply

But Mommy, Johnny did it, why can't I ?? Leftists are sooo childish....

in law, stupid bitch, that is called "precedent." if you had finished grade school, bm jim, you would know just how fucking stupid your last comment was, even compared to your other stupid fuck comments, moron.  how do you find your way here each day, simpleton?  seen any chemtrails lately, lame ass?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #27 on: 11 24, 14, 06:31:24:AM » Reply

too fucking stupid to even try to educate.

He went from being a champion high school debater, to graduating summa cum laude in his class at Harvard, to rowing for Oxford, to editing the Yale Law Journal.

He received a White House fellowship a few weeks before Sept. 11, 2001, and after the terrorist attacks he advised the Attorney General on immigration issues.   He returned home a few years later to take a job as a professor of constitutional law.

For a decade, he has led the legal effort to strengthen the country’s immigration laws and toughen their enforcement. He co-wrote 16 state laws. Governors have been texting his cellphone and Senate staffers have been sending e-mails.  But he is also Kansas’s secretary of state.

He is working on the lawsuit, 40 or 50 pages already written. “We have a clear violation here of Article 2, Section 3,” he says.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2014/11/22/f6d2b3fe-728a-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

funny how you right wing dickheads will use ONE FUCKING "EXPERT" OPINION THAT DIFFERS FROM THE VAST MAJORITY OF "EXPERT" OPINIONS, TO TRY AND PROVE THE MAJORITY EXPERTS ARE WRONG...like in this case, and in your laughable attempts to deny global warming and climate change.  why even bother to refer to an expert if he is so clearly in the minority?  how does that help your case?
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #28 on: 11 24, 14, 06:32:16:AM » Reply

So, now we are to learn that an EO by a president or any president establishes a leagl precedent, brilliant.....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #29 on: 11 24, 14, 06:52:49:AM » Reply

Liberal George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley believes that President Barack Obama's forthcoming executive amnesty will be an "unprecedented" and "dangerous" overreach that will threaten America's constitutional system of governance.

"This would be unprecedented and I think it would be an unprecedented threat to the balance of powers within our system," Turley said

Turley added that Obama's executive amnesty will be even more dangerous because Obama would be defying the will of Congress immediately after an election in which voters rejected Obama's illegal immigration agenda.

"We have a Congress that is coming in with the full voice of the American people behind them," Turley said. "That's what an election is. Now, you may disagree with the outcome, but you have to respect the outcome."

"We have a separation of powers that gives us balance," he said. "And that doesn't protect the branches. It's not there to protect the executive branch or legislative branch. It's to protect liberty. It's to keep any branch from assuming so much control that they become a threat to liberty."

Jonathan Turley named lead counsel for House suit against Obama
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #30 on: 11 24, 14, 07:34:17:AM » Reply

fuck the will of congress.  they also probably want to weaken EPA laws, give even more huge tax breaks to hugely profitable corporations that outsource american jobs, set up phony off-shore companies to avoid taxes, and ignore pollution standards.  reagan and both bushes signed executive orders that mandated how immigrations laws would be enforced and jonathan turley did not bitch like a little girl then.  fuck jonathan turley. 
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #31 on: 11 24, 14, 07:38:01:AM » Reply

fuck the will of congress.

Nah, fuck you, shit stain.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: 11 24, 14, 07:43:32:AM » Reply

http://tisaboutfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/a-list-of-obamas-constitutional-violations/
John Adams

« Reply #33 on: 11 24, 14, 07:55:26:AM » Reply

No, both Reagan and Bush 41 issued EO's to execute the law as proscribed in the Constitution....
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #34 on: 11 24, 14, 08:05:05:AM » Reply

they did the same thing as obama.  you boys refuse to believe the truth even when it is slapping you right across your huge gaping pieholes.  and look at dumbfuck jerkwater, too stupid to even make up original replies, going to the stupid fuck right wing website "freedomwordpress" for his next opinion!!  what a stupid douchebag!!
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 11 24, 14, 08:32:17:AM » Reply

they did the same thing as obama. 

No, they did not, horseshit duddy.  Have a third grader explain it to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama CANNOT change a Law via Executive Order.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory