Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:17:08:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Horses and rhinos originated in India Researchers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Horses and rhinos originated in India Researchers  (Read 24 times)
wvit1001

« on: 11 23, 14, 12:14:43:PM » Reply

Horses and rhinos probably originated on the Indian subcontinent, some 54.5 million years ago according to a new study of fossils found in Gujarat. At that time, the subcontinent was an island inching its way towards a collision with the Eurasian landmass.

The study was carried out by a team of John Hopkins researchers and colleagues, and published on November 20 in the online journal Nature Communications.

Modern horses, rhinos and tapirs belong to a biological group, or order, called Perissodactyla. How and when this order evolved has been a mystery, although fossils from as far back as 56 million years ago have been discovered. This group has an uneven number of toes on their hind feet and a distinctive digestive system.

Ken Rose, a professor at the John Hopkins University School of Medicine and his Indian colleagues began exploring ancient sediments in Western India because it had been proposed that perissodactyls and some other mammal groups might have originated there, a John Hopkins press release said.

In an open-pit coal mine in Gujarat, they uncovered a rich vein of ancient bones. Rose says he and his collaborators obtained funding from the National Geographic Society to send a research team to the mine site at Gujarat for two weeks at a time once every year or two over the last decade.

The mine yielded what Rose says was a treasure trove of teeth and bones for the researchers to comb through back in their home laboratories. Of these, more than 200 fossils turned out to belong to an animal dubbed Cambaytherium thewissi, about which little had been known, the release said.

http://www.thenewage.co.za/143964-1021-53-Horses_and_rhinos_originated_in_India_Researchers
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 11 23, 14, 12:18:06:PM » Reply

Was it man made global warming that caused them to appear nitwit?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Horses and rhinos originated in India Researchers
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory