Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 06:19:41:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662815 Posts in 298818 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama prepares to send U.S. troops back to Iraq 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Obama prepares to send U.S. troops back to Iraq  (Read 72 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 11 01, 14, 07:09:49:AM » Reply

7:21 pm on October 31, 2014

Fallujah. Ramadi. Haditha. Americans know the names of the cities and assets in Iraq’s Anbar Province well. Their liberation was paid for in American blood.

Those places have either fallen to or are currently besieged by the Islamic State.

“U.S. advisers currently operate in areas around Baghdad and Irbil in the north of the country,” CNN reported. “The new proposal would put U.S. troops in the middle of some of the most violent situations in Iraq.”

This decision comes just days after it was revealed that mass graves full of the bodies of hundreds of Sunni Iraqis who dared defy ISIS were discovered. ISIS draws much of its authority in Anbar from Sunni tribes who view the brutal militia as a favorable alternative to the Shia government in Baghdad and its sectarian militias, many of which are loyal to Muqtada al-Sadr or the mullahs in Iran.

Sending American forces back into Anbar to attempt a second “Anbar Awakening,” forging relationships with tribal leaders and convincing them to abandon ISIS, is the only political strategy that will result in coalition gains on the ground. It is a necessary step, but not an easy one.

In 2006, Anbar’s numerous Sunni tribes decided to back the U.S.-supported government against Iraq’s al-Qaeda affiliate, in what later became known as the Sunni Awakening. The insurgency was crushed.

Let’s hope Obama chooses sound policy over expedient politics.

Noah Rothman

Since when has Barack Obama EVER chosen sound policy over politics?
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 11 01, 14, 07:15:06:AM » Reply

Since when has Barack Obama EVER chosen sound policy over politics?

Don't expect nothing from Obama, except bullshit and lies that way you'll never be disappointed.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 11 01, 14, 07:19:26:AM » Reply

No one can trust the sob...
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #3 on: 11 01, 14, 07:20:00:AM » Reply

obama is losing the war vs. isis......
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #4 on: 11 01, 14, 07:33:09:AM » Reply

bush lost 4500 soldiers in iraq for nothing but lies.  he lost iraq.  obama has lost no soldiers killing ISIS in iraq and syria.  he is kicking ISIS ass.  you fuckers need to grow a brain and a pair of balls and then get a clue.  what whiny chickenshit right wing stooges you bitches are...see, when we lose no soldiers, we can NEVER LOSE....what part of that do you not understand?
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #5 on: 11 01, 14, 07:37:18:AM » Reply

The Bush lies bs has been debunked by none other that the NY times(slimes)

This Might Be The Most Horrific Single Massacre ISIS Has Committed

Business Insider:

Warning: This article contains images and descriptions of extreme violence.
Islamic State militants drove 600 Shia, Christian, and Yazidi male prisoners into the middle of the desert, lined them up along the edge of a ravine, and executed them at point blank range, according to a report by Human Rights Watch released Thursday.
The inmates, taken from a local prison, were forced to count themselves as they lined up before members of the jihadist militant group opened fire on them with machine guns.
Human Rights Watch says it spoke to nine survivors of the massacre. They told the organization they made it out alive by rolling into the ravine and pretending to be dead, or were shielded by the bodies of other prisoners who fell on top of them.

ISIS
Agency France Presse confirms that these images were released by ISIS, and they appear to show a similar execution.

Militants from the Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL or Daesh[/s] ISIS-instead]Daesh ISIS) separated the group from more than 1,500 prisoners along religious and ethnic lines.
A survivor recounts an ISIS leader as saying “the Sunnis must stand on one side. The Shia, Kurds, and Yazidis must stand on the other. If I find out that a Shia is among the Sunnis, I’m going to cut off his head with a sheet of metal.”

The moment they made us give up all of our possessions, I knew they were going to kill us.

The men were interrogated about their beliefs, names, hometowns, and other details — witnesses said about 100 Shia prisoners were successful at pretending to be Sunni to escape further violence.
The remaining Shia, Kurdish, Christian, and Yazidi prisoners were then searched.
“They took everything from us — money, watches, rings, identity cards,” one survivor said. “The moment they made us give up all of our possessions, I knew they were going to kill us.”

ISIL
The Long War Journal reposted these images, released by ISIS, which it says show Iraqi soldiers being rounded up by the group.

The prisoners had been given no food or water for 24 hours, but ISIS militants promised them supplies as they drove them deeper into the desert. When they arrived, the militants told them “you’ll have water in paradise.”
The militants then made the men kneel in a single line along the rim of a curved ravine 6 to 12 feet deep. They were then asked to number themselves off, with each person forced to “raise his hand and say his number.”
Survivors said many of the gunmen were young. Some appeared nervous. Others were excited, including some who joked at the end of the count that they had “a nice-size herd,” and were “going to eat well tonight.”

After we said goodbye to each other, I took my daughter’s picture and kissed it, and I prayed to God to save me for her.

One survivor says that after the count, the militants decided that shooting was the most efficient way to exterminate the group.
“One put his knife to an inmate’s neck, planning to cut his throat, but the other guy said, ‘There are too many and we’re not enough, so let’s kill them with bullets.’ So he went to the first one and he fired several shots into his back. Then they opened fire on all of us.

Read more

obama is not kicking isis ass, more like isis is kicking obamas ass....
John Adams

« Reply #6 on: 11 01, 14, 07:41:23:AM » Reply

when we lose no soldiers, we can NEVER LOSE

A novel way to declare victory except isis is still killing innocents, plundering, marauding the countryside, acquiring weapons and in general terrorizing the region....

What a victory.....

We should have tried that during the Revolutionary War along with the Civil War, a brilliant strategy.....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 01, 14, 08:05:15:AM » Reply

The fight against the Islamic State group (ISIS) will be difficult and could last decades due to decisions made by President Barack Obama, former Pentagon chief Leon Panetta said.

"I think we're looking at kind of a 30-year war" that could extend to threats in Libya, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen, Panetta told USA Today .

Panetta, a respected policymaker who served under Obama, blamed the challenges on decisions the president made over the past three years.

Among those decisions, he cited Obama's failure to push the Iraqi government hard enough to allow a residual US force to stay in the country after troops withdrew in 2011, saying that created a security "vacuum."

Panetta says Obama now has an opportunity to "repair the damage" by showing leadership after having "lost his way" in the fight.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 11 01, 14, 09:40:05:AM » Reply

why do you nuts think Iraq is our problem anymore?  this same type thing happens somewhere around the world practically everyday but I don't see you preaching that the US should be sending in troops.

S Sudan rivals accept responsibility for war      
<!---->    
Rival leaders accept "collective responsibility" for thousands of deaths, in fourth meeting aimed at ending conflict.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2014/10/s-sudan-rivals-accept-responsibility-war-20141020204242828483.html
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 11 01, 14, 09:55:44:AM » Reply

Obama is a nut?
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #10 on: 11 01, 14, 09:59:13:AM » Reply

The problem is much greater than Iraq, thanks to Obama. He created and armed ISIS.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 11 01, 14, 10:00:55:AM » Reply

"I think we're looking at kind of a 30-year war" that could extend to threats in Libya, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen, Panetta told USA Today .

Panetta, a respected policymaker who served under Obama, blamed the challenges on decisions the president made over the past three years.

Africa is included, wvit.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama prepares to send U.S. troops back to Iraq
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory