Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 03:27:34:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660560 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Woman posts photo of neighbor who legally carrys concealed firearm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Woman posts photo of neighbor who legally carrys concealed firearm  (Read 201 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 10 31, 14, 09:58:17:PM » Reply

Some anti-gun activists are worried about the safety of everyone but gun owners.

Just ask Matthew Halleck.

Halleck, of Olmsted County, Minn., takes his two daughters to and from Harriet Bishop Elementary in Rochester every day, reported ABC News 6. Their safety, he says, is his No 1 concern.

As part of keeping them safe, Halleck carries a concealed firearm with a legal permit.

“I’m going to protect my children any way I can,” Halleck told News 6. This quote doesn’t make much sense by itself. I know what he means, or think I know what he means, but it’s not crystal clear. It doesn’t have to be there.

Unfortunately for Halleck, one nosy neighbor, Kimberly Edson, decided it was her duty to un-conceal the weapon by placing a sign with Matthew’s picture on it across the street from the school. It reads: “This man carries a loaded gun around your children every day.”

“Since we don’t have a way to stop him, we felt it was important to notify the neighborhood and the parents that there is an armed man in their presence,” she told News 6. “The first couple days of school he had it very visible, we saw it and were quite concerned.”

Edson notified the police of Halleck’s weapon and was informed he is within his legal rights to carry it as long as he’s not on school property.

Halleck also called the police concerning Edson’s sign, which was briefly removed before being allowed back.

“He has a Second Amendment right to carry the gun, I have my First Amendment right to say that I don’t like it,” she said.

While both contend they are acting in the best interest of the kids and community the fight is far from over. Edson told News 6 she is planning on posting more signs to express her anti-gun sentiment and Halleck said he is considering a libel lawsuit against Edson.

Read more:
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/10/20/libel-or-free-speech-woman-posts-sign-outing-neighbor-for-owning-a-gun-153757

upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 10 31, 14, 10:36:01:PM » Reply

HE SHOULD PUT UP A SIGN ON HIS LAWN SAYING "I LIVE NEXT DOOR TO A NOSY xxxx!!"! HE HAS RIGHTS ALSO!
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #2 on: 10 31, 14, 10:46:01:PM » Reply

School Zones are "NO GUN ZONES", even if you have a permit to carry concealed.   So Parents should know there is someone carrying a gun on school property.  I see no harm in that.

If a kid is suspended from school for having something that LOOKS like a gun, why should this man be allowed to carry a real gun on school property.

Does Mr. Hallick also sit in the class rooms with his kids.  As you know most shootings take place in the classrooms...
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 10 31, 14, 11:44:54:PM » Reply

IF HE IS NOT ON SCHOOL PROPERTY HE IS NOT IN A "SCHOOL ZONE" ONLY A NAZI WOULD WANT A SOCIETY WHERE PEOPLE SPY ON ONE ANOTHER AND TURN THEM IN TO BIG BROTHER! I DO BELIEVE THE PHRASE "SCHOOL ZONE" APPLYS TO SPEEDING AND THERE IS A DIFFERENCE! LEAVE IT TO THE LEFT TO WANT TO TAKE AWAY RIGHTS OR PUNISH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT BREAKING THE LAW!
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #4 on: 11 01, 14, 12:09:52:AM » Reply

(( IF HE IS NOT ON SCHOOL PROPERTY HE IS NOT IN A "SCHOOL ZONE" ))

If Mr. Halleck is dropping his kids off at school, then he will be in a school zone.  If you have ever read a book on concealed carry, you will know concealed carry weapons are off limits in school zones.

I don't consider vigilance as spying.  If Mr. Halleck wants to protect his kids, then he should be teaching them how to protect themselves in a school shooting situation.  Because he can only protect them to and from school... 
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 11 01, 14, 02:51:18:AM » Reply

So long as he does NOT exit his vehicle, he has rights.
Baretta19

« Reply #6 on: 11 01, 14, 05:39:01:AM » Reply

Woman posts photo of neighbor who legally carrys concealed firearm

Interesting, How does she know he carry's a CONCEALED weapon, I suspect he bragged about it, My friends and neighbors know I am a hunter and outdoorsman but very very few know that I actually carry a CONCEALED weapon unless I am going hiking with my dog but then I open carry. If you need to brag about it then it sort of diminishes the "concealed" part.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 01, 14, 05:52:24:AM » Reply

These are people who know about their neighbors for whatever reason, or happen to see a piece of the holster peek out from the bottom of the mans shirt or coat.  Or they can see the bulge, whatever. Don't get sidetracked wondering how they know. What this woman, and groups like her are doing (ultimately) is trying to get people killed for having the audacity to own a gun.

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #8 on: 11 01, 14, 01:33:05:PM » Reply

a distraught women called police when she saw a 40ish looking man walking 3 children towards a local school on Thursday.   "I was concerned for the children...were they being kidnapped, what about other kids walking on the same sidewalk nearby?" she explained.
the police stopped and questioned the man and he said he had the right to protect his kids on the way to school and a machete was much more suited for the job than a concealed weapon.  "A gun can accidentally misfire, a machete cannot.  If an attacker comes at me, my machete is ready to go, a concealed gun is not.  I admit I am pretty much a candy ass, and even a woman could kick my ass and beat up my kids if I have no equalizer.  But let them try it when I have a machete.  A machete is the perfect weapon for chickenshit, wimpy dudes that are afraid to go out in public without a weapon.  A concealed gun is way less effective for us chickenshit wimps who are so afraid of being attacked all the damn time we cannot even leave the freaking house without a gun.  Pity us."
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 11 01, 14, 03:15:48:PM » Reply

Hahaha,  You poor little soul. 
You must REALLY be upset I proved you wrong to post at least 3 times how you got your ass whooped for carrying a machete. 
Next time try a gun.

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Woman posts photo of neighbor who legally carrys concealed firearm
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory