Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 08:57:19:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653705 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Thank you, Obama 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Thank you, Obama  (Read 59 times)
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« on: 10 29, 14, 10:00:12:PM » Reply

Over 214,000 Doctors Opt Out of Obamacare Exchanges
October 28, 2014 - 11:28 AM

By Barbara Boland
Subscribe to Barbara Boland RSS
 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter 
Over 214,000 doctors won't participate in the new plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA,) analysis of a new survey by Medical Group Management Association shows. That number of 214,524, estimated by American Action Forum, is through May 2014, but appears to be growing due to plans that force doctors to take on burdensome costs. It's also about a quarter of the total number of 893,851 active professional physicians reported by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

In January, an estimated 70% of California's physicians were not participating in Covered California plans.

Here are some of the reasons why:

1.    Reimbursements under Obamacare are at bottom-dollar - they are even lower than Medicare reimbursements, which are already significantly below market rates. "It is estimated that where private plans pay $1.00 for a service, Medicare pays $0.80, and ACA exchange plans are now paying about $0.60," a study by the think-tank American Action Forum finds. "For example, Covered California plans are setting their plan fee schedules in line with that of Medi-Cal-California's Medicaid Program-which means exchange plans are cutting provider reimbursement by up to 40 percent."

2.    Doctors are expected to take on more patients to make up for the lost revenue, but that's not happening, because primary care doctors already have more patients than they can handle. "Furthermore, physicians are worried that exchange plan patients will be sicker than the average patient because they may have been without insurance for extended periods of time, and therefore will require more of the PCPs time at lower pay," says the study.

The study also points to two reasons that doctors might not get paid at all:

3.    An MGMA study indicates that 75% of ACA patients that had seen doctors had chosen plans with high deductibles. Given that most of the patients are low-income, doctors are concerned that the patients cannot meet the deductibles and they will get stuck with the bill.

4.    HHS requires that insurers cover customers for an additional 90 days after they have stopped paying their premiums: the insurer covers the first 30 - but, it's up to the doctor to recoup payment for the last 60 days. This is the number one reason providers are opting to not participate in the exchange plans. Currently, about a million people have failed to pay their premiums and had their plans canceled.

So, Obamacare is asking doctors to take on sicker patients for less money, with the risk of not getting paid at all? No wonder doctors are running from these plans!

The business and economic reporting of CNSNews.com is funded in part with a gift made in memory of Dr. Keith C. Wold.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/over-214000-doctors-opt-out-obamacare-exchanges
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #1 on: 10 29, 14, 11:01:08:PM » Reply

Greedy lazy rich guys being lazy and greedy
ttopcat

« Reply #2 on: 10 29, 14, 11:43:39:PM » Reply

People who work dumping the bums.
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #3 on: 10 29, 14, 11:57:05:PM » Reply

Greedy lazy rich guys being lazy and greedy

Of the few doctors I've been associated with over my life, I've know one I'd consider either lazy, greedy, or rich.

I know my primary physician isn't rich.  He lives right across the street from me and you know my HS education 40 hour a week job sure didn't make me rich.
littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 10 30, 14, 12:33:48:AM » Reply

Why work for free, especially after 12 years of college work?
BOBRI123
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 10 30, 14, 12:57:25:AM » Reply

Why then did my Plan go to me paying a 6,000 deductible before insurance will cover a thing ?

I will never meet the deductible and they say next year it will go up and yet it pays for nothing now !

How can it even be called insurance when it pays for nothing ?

BOB  RI   123
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #6 on: 10 30, 14, 05:56:01:AM » Reply

you probably filled the form out wrong, bob ri 123.  you need to get some third grader to fill it out for you.  it is funny that all this doom and gloom obamacare reporting always comes from chickenshit right wing GOP websites, like CNS.  why do right wingers believe any of that shit they have read to them from these lying sites.  it might be possible there is a kernel of truth in whatever this story says, but i bet you a filet mignon to a donut this article took facts out of context or cherry picked all the fact or just plain lied in their attempt to pander to chickenshit right wingers who want to believe the worst and never question anything these lying assholes say. 

The figures released by the Department of Health and Human Services represent averages and prices will vary widely by geographic location as well as family size, age, tobacco use and income. Even the average price of a so-called bronze plan, designed to cover 60 percent of medical expenses not counting monthly premiums, masks big variation. (with a yearly out of pocket cap at $6250 dollars for singles and $12,700 cap for families)

For people who currently are uninsured and who qualify for financial assistance or enrollment in Medicaid, the federal-state health program for the poor, the average prices look to be low: 56 percent of uninsured will be able to get coverage for less than $100 a month per person, Gary Cohen, director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, said during the conference call.

The report cited examples of families and individuals who could qualify for subsidized coverage that would greatly reduce its cost, and Cohen said some low-income people will even be able to obtain a bronze plan with no monthly premium because of the subsidies.

A 27-year-old in Dallas who earns $25,000 a year will be able to purchase a bronze plan for $74 a month. A family of four in Dallas with a $50,000 household income could choose a bronze plan for as little as $26 a month. A family of four earning $50,000 a year purchasing the least expensive bronze plan would pay $36 a month in Charlotte, N.C., $32 a month in St. Louis and $24 a month in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #7 on: 10 30, 14, 06:49:15:AM » Reply

All these stories posted here by the Obama haters claiming to have huge pemium and deductible increases are probably lies. I know several people that have signed up, and every single one of them have extremely low deductibles, and premiums.

I have insurance provided through my employer. It is co-payed through payroll deduction. The premiums are going up 1.5% for 2015, the lowest increase in a very long time.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 30, 14, 07:10:24:AM » Reply

Those that say they are saving huge amounts are probably liars.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #9 on: 10 30, 14, 07:58:17:AM » Reply

insurance premiums WERE ALREADY RISING AT RECORD RATES THE LAST DECADE OR SO BEFORE OBAMACARE....so now they are still rising, but at a smaller percentage and the right wingers still bitch and moan because THEIR RIGHT WING MEDIA MASTERS TELL THEM TO DO SO.  who are you going to believe, fox and rush and newsmax say to these simpletons, US OR YOUR OWN LYING EYES.   why aren't more right wingers here posting their own sob stories about how much more they are having to pay instead of just a very few if it is so common?  and why shouldn't insurance cost more if it is so much better?  you cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions are charged more because of it, specifically.  you cannot be canceled if you develop such a condition. (or any of your kids and your wife, in both cases, of course).  there are no yearly or lifetime caps in benefits.  (that is a huge improvement, especially if your kid should develop something and hits the cap wall before he is even an adult).  how much would those improvements cost ON TOP OF THE ALREADY RISING PREMIUMS AND CUTS IN BENEFITS WITHOUT OBAMACARE?

nobody said obamacare is perfect.  but there is no doubt it works AND IS BENEFICIAL TO ALL AMERICANS, AND LESS EXPENSIVE FOR AT LEAST 90% OF ALL AMERICANS. 
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #10 on: 10 30, 14, 08:19:32:AM » Reply

If Duped_John says it, it must be a lie. The next time he tells the truth will be his first.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 10 30, 14, 09:13:40:AM » Reply

Apparently wmd_pervert does not get out of prison much.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Thank you, Obama
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About