Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 07:45:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION  (Read 96 times)
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« on: 10 26, 14, 01:21:39:AM » Reply

RECENTLY THERE HAS BEEN A BIT OF A DUSTUP OVER A YOUNG WOMEN WITH INCURABLE BRAIN CANCER WHO WANTS TO BE ABLE TO END HER LIFE WHEN SHE WANTS AND BEFORE SHE DETERIORATES! BUT THE LAW IN HER STATE SAYS NO, YET IN THE SAME STATE THAT WON'T LET HER KILL HERSELF SAY THEY WOULD LET HER KILL HER FETUS WITH NO PROBLEM! SO HOW DO YOU MAKE ANY SENSE OF THIS, BECAUSE IF IT IS REALLY "HER BODY", THE RATIONAL FOR HER BEING ABLE TO "DISPOSE" OF A FETUS THAT IS NOT DYING, WHY CAN'T DO THE SAME AGAIN WITH "HER BODY" SO IS HER IT HER BODY WHEN SHE ENDS SOME LIFE OTHER THAN HERS BUT NOT HER BODY IN A DIFFERENT SITUATION THAT ALSO INVOLVES THE END OF A LIFE?!

EXCUSE ME IF I SEE A BIT OF A DISCONNECT HERE!
BOBRI123
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 10 26, 14, 01:32:54:AM » Reply

Quite the subject , in my family we have had 2 terminally ill people who lived long and happy lives , and when they felt they did not want to live any more or suffer more they took matters into there own hands told no one and ended there lives .

What are they going to do arrest them ?

There was no article in the news no police permission given they just did it , There are 2 things in life that are very private Birth and Death , neither needs government permission .

BOB  RI   123
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #2 on: 10 26, 14, 01:34:28:AM » Reply

There has always been a major disconnect philosophically and morally between the logic behind Abortion and the logic behind Euthanasia or Suicide.
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 10 26, 14, 02:26:34:AM » Reply

THE DIFFERENCE BYTE IS THAT THE SAME PEOPLE WHO USE THE ARGUMENT THAT IT'S "HER BODY" ARE NOT DOING THAT WHEN IT COMES TO EUTHANASIA? MAYBE BECAUSE IT EXPOSES THE FLAW IN THAT ARGUMENT!
darkflower

« Reply #4 on: 10 26, 14, 02:46:40:AM » Reply

The left wing position is to allow both abortion and euthanasia. The right wing position opposes both. So there is no disconnect there.

Although some people may support one and oppose the other, but that is individual, not the left/right as a whole.

Regarding those who support one or the other but not both, there are logical reasons for either position.
wmdn_bs
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own."

Bob

« Reply #5 on: 10 26, 14, 07:18:26:AM » Reply

Being pro-choice, I support the right to privacy for both.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #6 on: 10 26, 14, 08:40:32:AM » Reply

My grandfather refused treatment when he realized it was over. I didn't like it but I supported his decision.

I plan on doing the same when my time comes.
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #7 on: 10 26, 14, 08:52:27:AM » Reply

In the case of ending your own life and abortion a human life is terminated. The difference is in one instance a person makes the decision for themselves. In the other, the decision is made for you.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 26, 14, 09:18:51:AM » Reply

It appears the nanny state controls one's life and death to a great degree?  It is a very personal decision with effects of choices radiating out to family and friends.   Those are the ones who need to be involved more than the government with terminal illness cases along with a private doctor, etc.  A very difficult choice.
littleeye
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 10 26, 14, 10:49:58:AM » Reply

Ending ones life should be a rational choice. Those suffering from emotional or mental diseases are not rational. Please be aware that the actuaries at SS and Medicaid would prefer you die by age 75, so they support rational suicide.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 10 26, 14, 10:53:03:AM » Reply

True but don't they take away people's rights over their healthcare when they lose the ability to rationalize?   Usually a family member/s has/have control of decisions, I think?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About