Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 05:10:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660561 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Boots on the ground? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Boots on the ground?  (Read 57 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 10 25, 14, 09:59:00:PM » Reply

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/california-marine-is-first-soldier-to-die-in-iraq-on-us-mission-against-islamic-state/2014/10/25/3afb8c3e-5bf4-11e4-b812-38518ae74c67_story.html

The Pentagon on Friday reported the first death of a U.S. military serviceman in Iraq in its new mission to combat Islamic State militants who have seized large areas of Iraq and Syria.

Marine Lance Cpl. Sean Neal, a 19-year-old from California, died in Baghdad on Thursday in what a Pentagon statement described as a noncombat incident. Further details about how Neal died were not immediately available.

Earlier this month, a Marine was deemed lost at sea after he fell from an aircraft into the Arabian Gulf.

The Pentagon said Neal’s death was the first U.S. casualty in Iraq since the Obama administration began its “Inherent Resolve” mission, which now includes airstrikes against the extremist group in Iraq and Syria and a growing number of U.S. military personnel on the ground in Iraq in August.

Well, uhm, I thought we were only undertaking an "airstrike" mission...

No boots on the ground...

Another lie?
KensanIV

« Reply #1 on: 10 25, 14, 10:24:31:PM » Reply

Any one on the ground in that part of the world is in danger... It can be a car accident or an intentional kook with an Uzi...

Either we are willing to stand and be counted or we pull to hell out and let the kooks take over.  Certainly military advisors tell us that we cannot bomb our way into victory.  There must be boots on the ground or we are playing games on the Americans who care.

Is Obama listening?
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #2 on: 10 25, 14, 10:43:57:PM » Reply

(( Well, uhm, I thought we were only undertaking an "airstrike" mission... ))

You really should read the stuff you post.

Quoted from your post:>>  "described as a noncombat incident".  Maybe you just don't know what "Boots on the Ground" means... 

KensanIV

« Reply #3 on: 10 25, 14, 10:52:26:PM » Reply

Jiggy, I assume you were ever in the military or you would know if you are in the theater or the war zone, they are really very few totally safe areas.  Yes, he may have been in an auto accident or killed riding in a taxi is the local village...Nonetheless, he is considered a combat fatality.

He was there, he was wearing the uniform and he paid the price.

What have you done except look for chances to be PC?

I spent about 7 years wearing the uniform of our country...(And not one day in the Reserve)  Perhaps I understand a bit more than you.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 10 25, 14, 11:46:08:PM » Reply

Jigsaw...

We were told our soldiers on the ground wouldn't be involved, in fact, wouldn't be sent there...

What happened?
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 10 25, 14, 11:49:26:PM » Reply

Also Jigsaw, there are a great many things the military, nay the government, considers "non-combat" injuries...when my friend's darling young daughter had half her face and neck blow off in Bagdhad by an RPG, it was considered "non-combat" because she was not on duty, was in fact, meeting a group of students for lunch, who were excited to be receiving boxes of books the soldiers had been collecting to give as a means of studying English...
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 10 26, 14, 01:08:21:AM » Reply

FOR OBAMA AND HOLDER IT'S JUST ANOTHER CASE OF WORKPLACE VIOLENCE!
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #7 on: 10 26, 14, 02:00:25:AM » Reply

Don't jump to conclusions, we don't know how this serviceman was killed or why he was there.  We are not there to "combat Islamic State militants"  other countries have "Boots on the ground" doing that".  We are only there as Advisors and help train Iraqis, not for combat...

KensanIV

« Reply #8 on: 10 26, 14, 12:34:21:PM » Reply

Let us face a reality of how to properly fight a bombing war.  In order for it to be effective, we are going to have to have an American advisor in the areas that they are targeting.  If you want correct and reliable coordinates you will have to place an American advisor near the areas they wish to destroy.

We cannot trust Muslims even the ones who seem to be on our side.  I recall early in the Afghanistan fight that a local Muslim advised that he knew where a home was that contained the local branch of the bad guys that we were fighting against was located.

We sent a missile into this home and killed all that were in it.  Turns out that this was a personal enemy of his and was not part of those we were fighting against.

Oh sure, we can send a $500,000 missile into a $2500.00 truck that contained one driver.  But this sort of war is very expensive and does not require an advisor... it is hit or miss and maybe barely effective at best.

To win even this air war we will need advisors ON THE GROUND.

Obama is trying to fight a politically correct war, and trying to fight it without really committing to it.

And obviously ain't working. 

Perhaps he'll draw another red line.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Boots on the ground?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory