Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:24:15:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653660 Posts in 297945 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: As I sip 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: As I sip  (Read 233 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 10 25, 14, 10:57:42:AM » Reply

on my morning coffee filled with honey/cinnamon/and tablespoon of brandy... at 53 degrees outside...swatting flies all around me    still in the house...

I can honestly say I'm happy...cause it's life... right...

bracing oneself... cause it's the last week in October... and its a scary time of year...

folks are about to have their utilities turned off...it's the game they play around here... while the folks scramble around the different organizations asking for assistance to come up with the turn on fees and their promises to pay later....

as you know... I've been watching the weather for a couple of years now and it promises to have a milder winter in these parts... but they lie all the times... so...believe it or not....anything could happen...

I'm still in clean up  mode around here... and I keep asking myself... how in the freak did this happen... when I was a neat freak I would have never allowed this and that to happen...so staying calm and focused is all one can do to achieve anything in life...

so that's what it's all about...

I see these damn flies around here are alcoholics too cause all they do is circle my coffee cup trying to get the bottom of the cup for honey and sips of the brandy that may be left over...

Jesus!

Oh!  Good Morning!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 10 25, 14, 01:42:32:PM » Reply

Something in your house is attracting them.  Plants?  Houseplants can generate thousands of tiny flies if they are overwatered.  Rotting food?  Fresh fruit and meat generate thousands of fruit flies within hours.  check the fruit bowl and see if something at the bottom has gone bad.  Raw meat packaging left overnight in the trash can attract and generate flies.  Emptying all trash and spraying the cans w/ disinfectant will help alleviate the overall problem.  Using a small bowl filled with apple cider vinegar and a drop or two of dishsoap, covered with plastic and holes poked in it, will attract the flies and they cannot escape once under the plastic wrap.  Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator and freezer, look for evidence that cats or dogs may have brought in dead vermin, look for spills along side your stove that may have been generated while cooking.  If you have THAT many flies, you have a breeding situation and need to take action.  Getting soused on cups of coffee with brandy is not the answer.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 10 25, 14, 02:42:31:PM » Reply

In England before modernization kicked in - fly paper was sold in rolls.  I remember my grandmother still using it.  It was nothing more than wide sticky tape with something on it that attracted flies.  They would hang it from an overhead light (also an attraction) in long strips and the flies would zone in on it and get stuck.  Can you imagine walking into a house and seeing long strips of dead flies?   My mother would say it was disgusting and she would never use it.   She would swat the flies with the same swatter she used on us kids if we got out of hand.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 10 25, 14, 02:47:57:PM » Reply

They still sell it here...

https://www.google.com/#q=fly+paper

As gross as it sounds, we had these fly strips hanging up in a cafeteria at work because we couldn't get facilities to clean it...they claimed it was our space, our management claimed it was still a public cafeteria...more than 100 people a day using it and it got gross...we did what we could, but the flies were thick...eventually facilities realized the error of their ways...by then we've moved our shop elsewhere.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 10 25, 14, 02:51:37:PM » Reply

Oh my - I should get some just to tease my husband!  He would have a fit, but on second thoughts we don't have a fly problem.  I could lay it across the counter and see if the sugar ants stick to it, LOL.   I think the Terrol on little pieces of white paper is working as they swarmed on it for a couple of days and I kept replacing it as well as spraying inside and out.  Now it is not attracting anything, so we have relief from them for a while.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 10 25, 14, 03:40:28:PM » Reply

They are on to you now emily. :-)
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: As I sip
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source