Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:30:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653414 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT - Even the Left can Understand. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT - Even the Left can Understand.  (Read 877 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 10 24, 14, 07:39:04:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FOwy9OWfnAM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/FOwy9OWfnAM</a>

HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #1 on: 10 24, 14, 07:43:32:PM » Reply

I think the left fully understands the 2Nd Amendment -- Its just that they dont like it one bit as It stands in there way of controlling the USA citizen Like Canada //England //Australia !!
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #2 on: 10 24, 14, 07:49:13:PM » Reply

(( It stands in there way of controlling the USA citizen Like Canada //England //Australia !! ))

With the way citizens have been acting lately, maybe they need controlling...
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

« Reply #3 on: 10 24, 14, 08:01:03:PM » Reply

Controlling what arms you can bare, is not denying you your right to bare arms.  If you want to cry like a baby, just because you can't have an assault weapon has nothing to do with your Second Amendment...
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #4 on: 10 24, 14, 08:11:22:PM » Reply

Americans are very unruly, they think they're free in a free country.

Hahaha, silly schmucks. "Free" aplies only to politics, they are free to lie as much as anyone can stomach.

Everyone else have to abide by dozens and dozens of rules, laws and regulations.
HK91-762mm

« Reply #5 on: 10 24, 14, 08:20:13:PM » Reply

Controlling what arms you can bare, is not denying you your right to bare arms.  If you want to cry like a baby, just because you can't have an assault weapon has nothing to do with your Second Amendment..

LIKE I said --You Fully Understand the snd Amendment --You dont Like it one bit   Now do you!

And Yes --I own many Modern Sporting rifles and Standard Capacity Mags to go with them !
JigSaw-II

« Reply #6 on: 10 24, 14, 08:35:38:PM » Reply

(( You dont Like it one bit   Now do you! ))

I have no problem with the Second Amendment.  If anything it is the "Gun Nuts" that have the problem or lack the understanding of said Amendment...
HK91-762mm

« Reply #7 on: 10 24, 14, 09:00:44:PM » Reply

Take your time and READ---!!!

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of individuals
[
]

[
]
to keep and bear arms.
[
]

[
]

[
]

[
]
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the right vests in individuals, not merely collective militias, while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices.
[
]
State and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing this right per the incorporation of the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments comprising the Bill of Rights.
The Second Amendment was based partially on the right to keep and bear arms in English common-law and was influenced by the English Bill of Rights of 1689. Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense, resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.
[
]

In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence" and limited the applicability of the Second Amendment to the federal government.
[
]
In United States v. Miller (1939), the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government and the states could limit any weapon types not having a “reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia”.
[
]

[
]

In the twenty-first century, the amendment has been subjected to renewed academic inquiry and judicial interest.
[
]
In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision, expressly holding the amendment to protect an individual right to possess and carry firearms.
[
]

[
]
In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court clarified its earlier decisions that limited the amendment's impact to a restriction on the federal government, expressly holding that the Fourteenth Amendment applies the Second Amendment to state and local governments to the same extent that the Second Amendment applies to the federal government.
[
]
Despite these decisions, the debate between the gun control and gun rights movements and related organizations continues
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #8 on: 10 25, 14, 12:02:44:AM » Reply

99.999% of legally owned AR-15's harmed no one today!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #9 on: 10 25, 14, 12:15:03:AM » Reply

Controlling what arms you can bare, is not denying you your right to bare arms.  If you want to cry like a baby, just because you can't have an assault weapon has nothing to do with your Second Amendment...
Then the same applies to abortion!  It can be regulated and limited to the degree that only the very elite of society can get an abortion!

Is that what you are saying?

Then the same applies to the First Amendment!  The government can regulate and limit free speech to the degree that only the very elite of society can have free speech!

Is that what you are saying?
JigSaw-II

« Reply #10 on: 10 25, 14, 12:23:42:AM » Reply

Actually D2D, there are limits to Abortion and free speech, that applies to everyone.  It's just you right wing idiots choose to ignore them... 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #11 on: 10 25, 14, 12:25:26:AM » Reply

Not to the point that either is limited to only the very elite of society!

Name them!
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT - Even the Left can Understand.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory