Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:50:16:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653370 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: SNAFU!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: SNAFU!!!  (Read 76 times)
seahooker

« on: 10 01, 14, 06:20:46:AM » Reply

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is grappling with significant intelligence gaps as it bombs Iraq and Syria, and it is operating under less restrictive targeting rules than those President Barack Obama imposed on the CIA drone campaign in Pakistan and Yemen, according to current and former U.S. officials.
The U.S. military says its airstrikes have been discriminating and effective in disrupting an al-Qaida cell called the Khorasan Group and in halting the momentum of Islamic State militants. But independent analysts say the Islamic State group remains on the offensive in areas of Iraq and Syria, where it still controls large sections. And according to witnesses, U.S. airstrikes have at times hit empty buildings that were long ago vacated by Islamic State fighters.
Human rights groups also say coalition airstrikes in both countries have killed as many as two dozen civilians. U.S. officials say they can't rule out civilian deaths but haven't confirmed any.
"We do take extreme caution and care in the conduct of these missions," Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon's press secretary, told reporters Tuesday. "But there's risk in any military operation. There's a special kind of risk when you do air operations."
Military officials acknowledge that they are relying mainly on satellites, drones and surveillance flights to pinpoint targets, assess the damage afterward and determine whether civilians were killed.
That stands in sharp contrast to the networks of bases, spies and ground-based technology the U.S. had in place during the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials say.
As a result, "it's much harder for us to be able to know for sure what it is we're hitting, what it is we're killing and what it is collateral damage," said Tom Lynch, a retired colonel and former adviser to the Joint Chiefs of Staff who is now a fellow at the National Defense University.
In Iraq, the U.S. is relying for ground reports on the Iraqi military and intelligence services, whose insights into Islamic State-controlled territory are limited.
In Syria, the U.S. is not coordinating the strikes with the main moderate opposition group, the Free Syrian Army, even though it has backed that group with weapons and training, said Andrew Tabler, who follows the conflict for the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
The CIA is generally unwilling to send American intelligence officers into Syria, and partner Arab intelligence services are often focused on their own agendas.
The intelligence gaps raise questions about the effectiveness of the strikes and about whether the current strategy will achieve the administration's goal of defeating the Islamic State group.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 10 01, 14, 06:23:00:AM » Reply

how many soldiers have died?  when one of our soldiers, just one, dies because of any military decision president obama makes THEN you can bitch like a little girl, okay?
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #2 on: 10 01, 14, 06:25:33:AM » Reply

Meanwhile.....

isis is about to take control of Baghdad, armies capturing capital cities usually defines victory....
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #3 on: 10 01, 14, 06:25:35:AM » Reply

how many soldiers have died?

About 45,000 in Vietnam at the fault of JFK and LBJ.   Thanks for asking...

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 10 01, 14, 06:31:46:AM » Reply

no, dumbass.  ike started that senseless wars  go back under your rock now.  and what does that have to do with iraq or afghanistan or ISIL or al qaeda or anything remotely connected to president obama?
Baretta19

« Reply #5 on: 10 01, 14, 06:39:03:AM » Reply

and what does that have to do with iraq or afghanistan or ISIL or al qaeda or anything remotely connected to president obama?

It's funny how "fuck fuck BUSH" and "fuck fuck Reagan" seem to be a daily does of Hoosiers drival which 99.99% of the time have NOTHING to do with the topic. LOL, Apparently with his head shoulder deep up Obama's ass old Ho-Daddy remains clueless to the end-
seahooker

« Reply #6 on: 10 01, 14, 06:45:27:AM » Reply

ho, as badly as things are screwed up, I doubt if they even will know when a soldier or airman is killed! and when that happens you will just try to spin it! civilians don't count to you, do they? poor women and children being killed by Obama bombs and missiles, they just don't count to you, do they? I know, I know, children count when it is politically expedient and they come to the USA illegally, I forgot!
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 10 01, 14, 07:41:46:AM » Reply

bullshit.  fake crocodile tears over NOT EVEN CONFIRMED POSSIBLE CIVILIAN DEATHS BUT NO CRYING OVER THE 100,000 CONFIRMED IRAQI CIVILIAN DEATHS WHEN WE INVADED ON LIES?  and how about that major league fuck up?  invading and occupying a whole country on FUCKING LIES?  and now you are crying about reports some of our long range missile attacks might be off a little bit?  go fuck yourselves, little bitches.  like i said, when one freaking US soldier gets wounded or killed fucking over these right wing religious zombies, THEN you can wet your panties and cry like little girls on the playground. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 01, 14, 08:01:28:AM » Reply

Lincoln started the Vietnam war...
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 10 01, 14, 08:22:27:AM » Reply

July 26, 1950 - United States military involvement in Vietnam begins as President Harry Truman authorizes $15 million in military aid.
American military advisors will accompany the flow of U.S. tanks, planes, artillery and other supplies to Vietnam. Over the next four years, the U.S. will spend $3 Billion on the war and by 1954 will provide 80 percent of all war supplies.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/vietnam/index-1945.html
daroadie
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 10 01, 14, 08:28:09:AM » Reply

HO, Situation Normal.  All Fucked up!  SOBAMA is Your Dear Leader.  Keep groveling Douchebag!
seahooker

« Reply #11 on: 10 01, 14, 08:31:39:AM » Reply

fake crocodile tears ho? I lost one of mine in that Iraq War, a son that Obama turned his back on. go fuck yourself, with your attitude nobody else will!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: SNAFU!!!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory