Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 08:35:59:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662990 Posts in 298834 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Really Now? Who reads newspapers? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Really Now? Who reads newspapers?  (Read 25 times)
KensanIV

« on: 09 30, 14, 10:18:38:PM » Reply

guide to keeping the political news as reported by our newspapers in perspective

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country, and who are very good at crossword puzzles

4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie charts

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time -- and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and did a poor job of it, thank you very much.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people that are in prison that used to run the state, & would like to do so again, as would their constituents that are currently free on bail.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are gay, handicapped, minority, feminist, atheist dwarfs who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

12. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

13. The Seattle Times is read by people who have recently caught a fish and need something to wrap it in.

Incorrect
Inappropriate

Thank you for your feedback.

stretch351c
Contributor

That which does not kill me, had better run

« Reply #1 on: 09 30, 14, 10:28:00:PM » Reply

justincase

« Reply #2 on: 09 30, 14, 10:44:29:PM » Reply

LOL! I'm #3. I'm great at crossword puzzles! 

Actually, I don't read newspapers, but I do check in on the news websites. First is Fox News, then our local news, then MSNBC, then NY Times, then CNN, then another local news outlet, then CBS, then ABC. I do this almost every day. In that order.
KensanIV

« Reply #3 on: 09 30, 14, 10:54:44:PM » Reply

Actually I have from time to time taken on the NY Times Crossword.  I have never been totally successful.    I served with a Warrant Office CWO W-4 who could work that sucker in about 15 minutes... Amazing dude... I often think about him, he was the 4th or 5th ranking CWO-4 on active duty.  I attended his wedding.

He had a DOR of sometime in 1943.  He was going for 30 years the last time I talked to him.  in 67or 68,  Wow!!!  extremely bright guy... and an all around soldier's soldier. 

ahhhhh.  the people we meet and pass on in life.  Some we remember and some are best forgotten. 
justincase

« Reply #4 on: 09 30, 14, 10:57:47:PM » Reply

I used to work the Times puzzle every day. It was easy on Monday and got progressively harder during the week, culminating on Sunday into something that took me 2 or 3 days to finish. Many times, more than one letter, or a symbol, would go into a square, so you had to figure out the theme and then it was a tiny bit easier. Haven't done that in a couple of years though.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #5 on: 09 30, 14, 11:16:34:PM » Reply

kensan..... 

I read our local county daily newspaper mainly for the local news and sports plus the comics.

FOX News Channel gives me National/International News and local TV gives me the city news/weather/sports.
KensanIV

« Reply #6 on: 09 30, 14, 11:23:18:PM » Reply

Funny thing.  I am not really interested in cartoons, movies, TV and very little in the entertainment world.  I do on occasion look that the movie info. I admit that I am a history freak.

I did notice that my invitation to the Clooney wedding in Venice got lost in the mail. A shame, it looked as if they had a beautiful day on the Grand Canal.

I have been to Venice 3 times and  3 times it has rained.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Really Now? Who reads newspapers?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory