Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:36:35:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653429 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Guest Posting Area  |  Topic: Walmart - Evil corporation gets more evil 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Walmart - Evil corporation gets more evil  (Read 1318 times)
Wobble
« on: 09 30, 14, 06:25:39:PM » Reply

Walmart has both blamed Tracy Morgan for his near-death injuries and won't even admit that he was injured:

Tracy Morgan: ‘I can't believe Wal-Mart is blaming me for an accident that they caused’

‘He’s very upset,’ lawyer Benedict Morelli told the Daily News of his client’s reaction to Wal-Mart’s blame-the-victims defense. ‘(Morgan is) struggling every day, fighting hard just to get incrementally better, and they hit him with this.’

BY DAREH GREGORIAN  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 4:05 PM

Tracy Morgan isn’t amused that Wal-Mart is blaming him for the injuries he suffered when one of its truck drivers smashed into him on the New Jersey Turnpike — injuries that may have ended his standup career, his lawyer said Tuesday.

“He’s very upset,” Benedict Morelli told the Daily News of his client’s reaction to Wal-Mart’s blame-the-victims defense.

“He's struggling every day, fighting hard just to get incrementally better, and they hit him with this.”

In a statement, the funnyman said: “After I heard what Wal-Mart said in court I felt I had to speak out. I can't believe Wal-Mart is blaming me for an accident that they caused. My friends and I were doing nothing wrong.”

In court filings Monday, the retail giant said injuries suffered by Morgan and his fellow passengers, Jeffrey Millea and Ardley Fuqua, “if any, were caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs’ failure to properly wear an appropriate available seatbelt device.”

Morelli called Wal-Mart's arguments responding to the negligence suit he filed on behalf of the victims “callous” and “disingenuous.”

“Seatbelts had nothing to do with it,” the lawyer said.

He noted that Morgan’s limousine bus was “at a dead stop” because of road work June 7 when “it was hit in the rear by a tractor-trailer going 65 miles per hour.”

“The driver never braked, never swerved,” Morelli said, and smashed straight into the limo, killing Morgan’s comedian pal James (Jimmy Mack) McNair and severely injuring Morgan, Millea and Fuqua.
----
I'll NEVER spend another dime at Walmart!
caserio1

« Reply #1 on: 09 30, 14, 11:21:43:PM » Reply

cas has it on good authority that walmart does not instruct its truck drivers

to kill potential customers

as a matter of fact the truck drivers are instructed to be polite AND careful

killing customers is bad for business

besides being bad form
Nagaro
« Reply #2 on: 10 03, 14, 07:00:19:PM » Reply

Walmart puts pressure on their drivers to make their hurry-up delivery schedules, and they do not take care to ensure that their drivers have had enough sleep before they drive.

They are liable, just like Dominos Pizza was held liable for the deaths their old "30 minutes or it's Free" guarantee caused by pressuring drivers to speed around so they could get paid.

Domino's Ends Fast-Pizza Pledge After Big Award to Crash Victims...

The New York Times
Dec 22, 1993

Walmart needs to learn the same lesson.
caserio1

« Reply #3 on: 10 03, 14, 11:09:13:PM » Reply

not true

walmart has safety officers who make sure all safety rules are obeyed
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Guest Posting Area  |  Topic: Walmart - Evil corporation gets more evil
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory