Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 11:29:12:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661009 Posts in 298649 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Another project underway 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Another project underway  (Read 1640 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 09 11, 14, 08:02:32:AM » Reply

$5 table from Goodwill....stay tuned.

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 09 11, 14, 09:25:47:AM » Reply

oh crap...

I can't wait... gotta see this...

cause I have a table almost like that in the attic... I started to stain it but didn't finish cause I ran out of stain...and couldn't find any more stain to match... it was old stain I found someone left... so there it sits...me thinking what am I going to do with it...

if I wanted to throw it away I would have but I didn't...so....

Hurry sunshine... I'm waiting....

Oh!  Good Morning!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 09 11, 14, 10:29:42:AM » Reply

It's going to be turquoise?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 09 11, 14, 10:52:21:AM » Reply

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 09 11, 14, 11:15:58:AM » Reply

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 09 11, 14, 04:00:40:PM » Reply

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 09 11, 14, 04:20:37:PM » Reply

Not sure where I will put it...either next to the bed in the basement or craigslist it. :-)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 09 11, 14, 04:58:30:PM » Reply

Well almost right, midnight blue....................it's beautiful and you can always use a little table somewhere.  You should keep it.  My son sent me a beautiful plant - actually it's a house plant that blooms on occasion and there was nowhere to put it where it could get adequate light - not the mantle, hutch, coffee tables etc., so I robbed our little den of the table I put my coffee on when I go in there and placed it near a window and my plant looks lovely on it.  I'm going to have to find a replacement table now - you can never have too many of them.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 09 11, 14, 05:45:01:PM » Reply

I have so many little tables. Most have been tiled with blue and white tiles...just thought I would play with my left over mod podge.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #9 on: 09 13, 14, 11:51:44:AM » Reply

It's a little busy for my tastes.  Is that scrapbook paper for the base over the coat of paint?  I like that touch.  I might have chosen just a select few flowers to attach to the center, like a tiny bouquet.

But your ability to take a piece of junk and transform it is phenomenal.  I wish beyond dreams to have a place to do something like that.  When we built the shed out back it was supposed to be my space for garden and craft projects, but it's turned into complete storage for everything.  I can't do projects in the house, I just don't have an empty spot or room.  We keep saying when Thing2 moves out, his room will become the craft room, but I am beginning to wonder if he's ever going to move...LOL  We'll probably find another house before that happens.

BTW, how did you prep the surface prior to painting?  Did you strip all the stain off or just use wood cleaner then sand it down?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 09 13, 14, 01:01:34:PM » Reply

I think it's too busy too...I went a tad over board with the flowers.  LOL  The background was a print I found on the computer and just printed it up. I lightly sanded the orange paint. They only had a thin coat of paint on the unfinished table ( had an IKEA sticker on the bottom side). I don't have an area in the house for crafts either  so I just  spread a paint tarp out in the middle of the floor  right here by my computer.

I guess if I want I can probably pick it all off and start over....just glued on....then I can  sand it and start over.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #11 on: 09 13, 14, 01:58:53:PM » Reply

I wish I could even find a corner, but our house is small and the garage is Papa's territory, LOL.  I also have a lot of allergies and with my migraines, the smells get to me quickly.  If we ever get to follow our dream of opening our own vintage shop, I plan to have a repurposing nook.  I love the Junk and Disorderly recycling ideas and the internet makes it so easy to become an artist.

Your constant flow of ideas is inspiring.  I bet your new home becomes a real showplace under your distinguishing eye.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Another project underway
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory