Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 07:51:28:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662198 Posts in 298758 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Mirror mirror off the wall 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Mirror mirror off the wall  (Read 1577 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 09 04, 14, 04:42:23:PM » Reply

I have this huge mirror that is out of date....it's a heavy well made mirror and had it for sale for a week now but now that it is sitting here..I am getting into a  creative mode...paint it tourquoise and distress it so it looks antique like.   

Sorta like this...

And then I can have a bouquet of flowers with toruquoise and blue  and some  peacock feathers....your opinions welcome... please. :-)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 14, 05:33:47:PM » Reply

honest opinion...

keep trying to sale the mirror as is...

when I moved here I had a hugh hugh mirror over the fireplace... I told one of the guys I wanted them to break it up and get rid of it...

well it sat cause no one wanted the bad luck... but one guy came back and hauled the mirror out of here in one piece...we became friends and there that mirror is in his home after years still in one piece...

no one want a mirror that huge any more... I don't think... and it does not match the beautiful antique vanity you have... I have one almost like that that I removed the stain and varnished it with clear... a pretty piece I think... but no...

I say sale the mirror but keep that vanity.... if you wanted to dress up the vanity... I'd look for a vanity mirror that matched... or purchase a round mirror to go with it...so that it can hang from the wall...

you asked...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 14, 06:14:31:PM » Reply

Luv...I don't have the vanity. I want to paint the mirror to look similar to to vanity. I figured if I paint the mirror and don't like it, I can still sell it on craigslist.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 14, 10:24:16:PM » Reply

If nobody's bought it by the weekend, then I'd paint it and see if you like it.  If you don't you can still sell it and somebody else might like the color.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 14, 11:42:02:PM » Reply

I love the distressed look.  I think Emily's suggestion has great merit.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 09 05, 14, 12:11:28:AM » Reply

again my opinion

those types of mirrors belong in traditional homes with very large great rooms...

I'll go and find some pics I can post to let you see...

I know it's late here but I'm up...

I'll go see....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 09 05, 14, 12:39:49:AM » Reply

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT7tQOQlUH.EAg99XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0c21lbWU2BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3Nl8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=ipad&va=huge+mirrors+in+traditional+Homes

look at some of those mirrors...

I had some heavy door mirrors here and the images were so you couldn't see  images very well anymore... but the glass was fine.... I checked at the stores to see if I could restore... and it takes a fortune... I was not willing to spend...

so I removed the backing with a razor blade and have  2 wonderful beveled clear glass of a door sized mirrors but the glass is really old and heavy and you can't find that kind of glass anymore....just waiting to find the right art to put on canvas so I can frame it to a door.... I want one to hid a door and make it look like a work of art...on the wall... that would mean framing the door....

with your mirror Sunshine....and considering the size...I'd remove the backing and insert some kind of art project and stick it on the wall somewhere in your new home...

I found here a artist and his work is unbelievable... when I look at him I say huh?

Talent don't match the way he looks....

I've asked him to do something here and now that you brought that mirror into play... I can ask him to use the canvas I have for the project and he can do something.... but what I say... it's got to be something I can look at for a long time...

hope you can understand this thread... I'm heading for
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 09 05, 14, 03:51:00:AM » Reply

Like these sunshine?

* The Decorated House Frame Mirror 2.jpg (96.34 KB, 737x490 - viewed 104 times.)

* d20706be81a517155760778c9fd5b0a5.jpg (106.55 KB, 500x666 - viewed 88 times.)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 09 05, 14, 05:26:59:AM » Reply

Taken...that's the look I am going for or maybe a tad brighter in color.   I'm going to have a nice sized dining room that the wall will fit on and it will refelct more light in there.  I saw some really pretty tourquoise placemats at Pier  One I have my eye on...just wish they would go on sale.

But the plan is a emily says...I will paint it this weekend and if I don't like it, I can put it back on craigslist.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 09 05, 14, 06:51:36:AM » Reply

Instead of gold like in taken's, I need to do the dark like in the vanity I posted. My light fixtures will be dark bronze and the dining room chairs are black.

So step one has begun........paper up the mirror because I don't want to undo the back. I put plastic tape all over the  paper to prevent paint going through. I am heading out for paint this morning. Gonna spray some primer on first....will keep you posted.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 09 05, 14, 08:00:39:AM » Reply

Nice!! I just went online to Lowes and they sell sample paints for $2.98. Perfect size for this project..paints 4 x 4 sq feet. And they have peacock blue....whick looks tourquoise.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 09 05, 14, 02:13:27:PM » Reply

Thumbs Up !!!  Go for it !!!

Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Mirror mirror off the wall
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory