Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:53:13:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653528 Posts in 297931 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Meet the climate deniers who want to be president 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: Meet the climate deniers who want to be president  (Read 1151 times)
wvit1001

« on: 08 20, 14, 02:18:26:PM » Reply

It’s hard to believe, surveying the GOP field of possible presidential nominees, but back in 2008 the parties were not that far apart on climate change. Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the Republican nominee, backed cap-and-trade for carbon emissions. After joining his ticket, so did Sarah Palin. But back then, lots of Republicans and conservatives also supported an individual mandate to buy health insurance. The Republican Party of 2008 was a big enough tent to include people who admitted demonstrable problems existed and supported free-market-oriented solutions. Not anymore.

The Republicans basically fall into four categories:

(1) Flat-Earthers, who deny the existence of manmade climate change;

(2) Born-Again Flat-Earthers, who do the same, but who had admitted climate change exists back before President Obama took office;

(3) Do-Nothings, who sort of admit the reality of climate change but oppose actually taking any steps to prevent it; and

(4) Dodgers, who have avoided saying whether they believe climate change is happening, and who also don’t want to take any steps to alleviate it.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker fall into the latter category.  The Do-Nothings are blue and purple state governors, Chris Christie of New Jersey and John Kasich of Ohio. In a sign of how far rightward Republicans have moved since 2008, these are actually the guys who are trying to position themselves as relatively moderate and pragmatic. The Born-Agains are Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Both are staunch conservatives but only partial wingnuts. Back when that meant believing in climate change, they did, but they have since followed their base into fantasyland. Everyone else is an outright denier and always has been

Here’s our full breakdown of all 13 of the top potential hopefuls, including their lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters if they served in Congress. No, we did not include Donald Trump even though he would probably lead in the polls if he ran. And alas, we cannot predict who might be the next Herman Cain. Maybe Papa John? If he, or any other pizza moguls, run, we’ll add an update.

http://grist.org/politics/meet-the-climate-deniers-who-want-to-be-president/
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 08 20, 14, 02:20:57:PM » Reply

Meet the climate deniers

Straw man.  Nobody denies the climate.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #2 on: 08 20, 14, 02:22:30:PM » Reply

Here we go again...more mythology from the imam of global warming
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 08 20, 14, 02:27:38:PM » Reply

Isn't it a shame that all the facts refute your goofy opinions?

Have you been able to find just one real scientific organization in the world that agrees with your idiocy?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 08 20, 14, 02:30:42:PM » Reply

Have you been able to find just one real scientific organization in the world that agrees with my idiocy?

No.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 08 20, 14, 02:32:25:PM » Reply

What facts wvit...your mythology blames man for the so called global warming...but you are unable to prove it?
cathlab3
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 08 20, 14, 02:32:42:PM » Reply

Yup.here in Northern Michigan we suffer from global warming. Our summer this year average temp is about 70 degrees.  It's too damn hot here. NOT !  shithead 
wvit1001

« Reply #7 on: 08 20, 14, 02:34:35:PM » Reply

reality just flies in the face of your stupid and it pisses you off to no end doesn't it?
Dardmex

« Reply #8 on: 08 20, 14, 02:37:16:PM » Reply

wvit1001 --- If Michael Brown was still alive today he would be DEMANDING an end to global warming & climate change!

http://www.dailykos.com  ...............  http://www.MoveOn.org
jst-the-fax
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 20, 14, 02:37:17:PM » Reply

And you U-pper's (not sure of that spelling) know that global warming is pure mythology!  BTW...reminded me to watch Escanaba in Da Moonlight for the 88th time!!

cathlab3
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 08 20, 14, 02:38:51:PM » Reply

reality just flies in the face of your stupid and it pisses you off to no end doesn't it?

HUH ?
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 08 20, 14, 02:41:03:PM » Reply

you know reality cathy.  that thing that waits outside your door for you to realize it.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Meet the climate deniers who want to be president
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory