Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 04:21:13:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: OK GOP'ers, You can shut up about Immigration Laws... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3  Print
Author Topic: OK GOP'ers, You can shut up about Immigration Laws...  (Read 133 times)
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #24 on: 07 31, 14, 05:36:54:PM » Reply

getting a bit tired of hearing this "Humanitarian crisis" stuff.  A humanitarian crisis is the result of something happening to people, not the consequences of peoples own actions.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #25 on: 07 31, 14, 05:42:18:PM » Reply

just ain't gonna fix anything.

What exactly needs to be "fixed?"

I doubt we can agree on the answer.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #26 on: 07 31, 14, 06:18:15:PM » Reply

Where were you when bush ignored the law?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=22622

The six instances in which the agency ignored the law after the president issued the statement with his signature were broken down by the GAO:
 * - The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) did not seek approval from the congressional appropriations committees prior to incurring obligations for administrative expenses beyond the level set by Congress.

* - The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) did not submit a proposal and expenditure plan for housing as directed by Congress because it does not normally produce such plans.

* - The Department of Agriculture did not obtain prior approval for a transfer of funds.

* - The Department of Defense (DOD) did not include as part of the fiscal year 2007 budget submission to Congress separate budget justification documents for the costs of all contingency operations for the Military Personnel, Operation and Maintenance, and Procurement accounts.

* - DOD responded to an inquiry from the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Military Quality of Life and Veterans Affairs, House Committee on Appropriations, in 38 days, instead of 21 days as directed.

* - The Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) did not relocate its checkpoints in the Tucson sector every 7 days as directed by Congress.  

While GAO acknowledged the law had been ignored, it did not say whether the President's signing statement had played a factor in that act of omission.

"Although we found the agencies did not execute the provisions as enacted, we cannot conclude that agency noncompliance was the result of the President’s signing statements," Kepplinger wrote.
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #27 on: 07 31, 14, 06:26:24:PM » Reply

And there is davik, deflecting by trying to equate a mosquito to an elephant.

Damn, 38 days instead of 21!!!!

OH THE HORROR!!!

And then there is this.....

"Although we found the agencies did not execute the provisions as enacted, we cannot conclude that agency noncompliance was the result of the President’s signing statements," Kepplinger wrote.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #28 on: 07 31, 14, 06:49:50:PM » Reply

Where were you when bush ignored the law?

Right here screaming at him.  I actually criticize people in my party when they deviate from my party's principles.  I criticized expansion of Medicare prescription drugs.  I criticized ADA.  I criticized OSHA and EPA.  All created by Republicans.

My question is where were YOU when YOUR president violate YOUR party's principles?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #29 on: 08 01, 14, 08:15:36:AM » Reply

Good, because no matter what bill is passed Obama will do what ever he wants whether within the law or not!

Obama doesn't respect the rule of law making the passage of new laws valueless so long as he is president!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 08 01, 14, 09:23:16:AM » Reply

House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals

The House GOP language would block President Barack Obama from expanding DACA and prevent him from granting a similar reprieve to other immigrants here illegally. The administration is actively considering executive action on deportations, and a final decision is expected by the end of the summer…

[A]ny measures rolling back DACA will be dead on arrival in the Democratic-led Senate.

The bill could also be useful as a talking point later when Obama finally expands DACA and issues his mass amnesty for adult illegals.

Do you support the interests of American citizens and legal immigrants or do you support the interests of illegal aliens and foreign nationals?
Pages: 1 2 3  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: OK GOP'ers, You can shut up about Immigration Laws...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory