Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 04:59:28:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660975 Posts in 298644 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Yesterday, our foreign friend hawks posted.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Yesterday, our foreign friend hawks posted....  (Read 1511 times)
Thomasj_tx

« on: 07 24, 14, 08:16:26:PM » Reply

A far left wing opinion piece railing at what a nightmare the US would have to suffer through if the Republicans controlled both houses in Congress after the 2014 elections.

I guess here is an example of that nightmare.....

Rep. Paul Ryan proposed a new plan Thursday to merge up to 11 anti-poverty programs into a single grant program for states that he said would allow more flexibility to help lift people out of poverty.

Programs that would be merged include food stamps, cash welfare, housing subsidies, and heating aid for the poor, among others.

The Wisconsin Republican and 2012 vice presidential nominee is a respected voice within his party. His new "Opportunity Grant" plan would impose work or job training requirements on aid recipients and require states that choose to participate to set up at least two service providers, a move he says would encourage partnerships with locally-based nonprofits and community groups that may better know the needs of their communities.

Ryan, who has traveled the country in the past year visiting with the poor and with those who help them, said current anti-poverty programs are "fragmented and formulaic" and that his new grant program would allow greater collaboration within communities to help lift people out of poverty.

"The idea would be to let states try different ways of providing aid and then to test the results -- in short, more flexibility in exchange for more accountability," Ryan said in a speech to the American Enterprise Institute, a Washington think tank. "Get rid of these bureaucratic formulas. Put the emphasis on results."

In the speech, Ryan said his plan would permit greater innovation to help people find opportunities to get jobs. A single mother who wants to be a teacher, for example, might focus on getting help with transportation and child care to take night classes rather than on getting other forms of aid like food assistance.

"Right now, you have to go to a bunch of different offices to enroll in a bunch of different programs." Ryan said. "Under the Opportunity Grant, you could go to one office and work with one person for all your needs."

Third-party monitors would judge the effectiveness of programs and providers.

Participation by states would be voluntary, and Ryan said he sees the proposal as an experimental pilot program that wouldn't be expanded until the initial results are in.

"Any provider who came up short could no longer participate. And at the end of the program, we would pool the results and go from there," Ryan said.

OH THE HORROR!!!!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 07 24, 14, 08:35:44:PM » Reply

His main point was that smaller, limited government would result in a more totalitarian government.  I'm not sure his "lift" goes to the top floor.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #2 on: 07 24, 14, 09:31:05:PM » Reply

One of the best way to lift the poor out of poverty...is lower the Corporate Tax rate to around zero for any company that returns their manufacturing back to the U.S. and creates jobs for the poor. I realize this is a completely head banging concept to liberals, as they cannot stop taxing.

BTW...hawk/wvit is a foreigner?
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #3 on: 07 24, 14, 09:33:17:PM » Reply

BTW...hawk is a foreigner?

Yes.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 07 24, 14, 09:36:43:PM » Reply

I did not know that...thanks
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #5 on: 07 24, 14, 09:41:12:PM » Reply

I did not know that...thanks

Read nearly any of his posts and note the spelling of certain words. 
jst-the-fax
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 24, 14, 09:47:25:PM » Reply

When I read his/her posts...I thought he/she was a jail house lawyer? 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 07 24, 14, 11:03:54:PM » Reply

I thought hawks was pj/talli in a thinly veiled disguise.  There is a similarity in the way the responses are set out and some of the wording.
jst-the-fax
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 07 24, 14, 11:22:03:PM » Reply

I always thought that maybe hawk and wvit lived together, knew each other or were the same person?
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #9 on: 07 25, 14, 05:35:28:AM » Reply

hawk is a muzzie and defends them like one.. Gave himself away a few weeks back when I posted about the 1 in 5 here being signed on from foreign countries.
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #10 on: 07 25, 14, 06:19:13:AM » Reply

Definetly not American....
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #11 on: 07 25, 14, 08:14:22:AM » Reply

block grants.  terrible idea.  that means states that have progressive, compassionate folks in charge of allocating the funding would do the right thing and red states with fucked up clowns in charge would spend the money on more tax breaks for oil companies or polluting corporations, that is their main goal in life.  it is kind of like the same reasoning that ended earmark spending.  instead of congressmen specifying one certain project for federal funding- like a new bridge or a new highway or a new dam.....now they just vote for general block grant funding for each state without any real strings attached.  so the funding that they thought would be used to rebuild a bridge that is technically unsafe to handle traffic is used to fix up the governor's mansion or rebuild a tiny country road from one state senators hick town to the main highway....what makes more sense- one central authority that funds head start and other worthwhile social programs and makes sure each state has that funding and those programs, or just giving each state a bunch of dough and letting them, who tend to be republican and fucked up in the head, end head start programs so they could give more money to private schools with christian ties?  we cannot trust red states to do the right thing with a block grant.  that would be like giving a kid a loaded gun and sending him off to school- another thing republicans might vote for!!
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Yesterday, our foreign friend hawks posted....
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory