Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 06:45:04:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663254 Posts in 298858 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Is Google Chrome worth the move? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Is Google Chrome worth the move?  (Read 36 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 07 24, 14, 03:40:05:AM » Reply

I hate IE 9-11, so I am still using IE8, but of course, it's outdated and I think it may be what is causing my slow internet usage...even though my provider sucks as well, but we don't have a choice where we are and I have to stay w/ DSL, till the cable internet comes our way...

So, I just want to know if you use Google Chrome, if it's worth it...
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 07 24, 14, 04:04:38:AM » Reply

Its worth it to load it onto your computer and have the option of both.  I only use Chrome when IE decides not to cooperate on a website.

JoFox

« Reply #2 on: 07 24, 14, 05:03:39:AM » Reply

I have both IE and Chrome on both my desktop and laptop. I rarely use IE, both my sons prefer Chrome too.
darkflower

« Reply #3 on: 07 24, 14, 06:25:35:AM » Reply

I like Firefox. But everyone I know who has a choice of browsers choose either Chrome or Firefox, none chose IE.

But idk how much of a difference that makes for speed. I notice more and more sites using lousy design that hog resources.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #4 on: 07 24, 14, 11:20:14:AM » Reply

(( I hate IE 9-11, so I am still using IE8, ))

If you are still using IE8, Why do you hate IE9-11? Have you used IE 9-11 long enough to get used to it? I've been using IE since Windows 3.0 back in 1983.  I guess it's what one gets used to.  Firefox is good.  But I don't know if you'll notice much of an improvement, if your still connected to the internet by DSL.  I don't know the status of your computer, such as speed and memory, but if it is an older machine, that could be part of your problem.  There is also the possibility, you won't like Firefox either, It does take some getting used to.

You probably noticed I didn't mention Google Chrome.  That would be, because I've never used it.  This might be of interest to you, It's a short article from PC Magazine:>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chrome continues to be a leader among browsers in terms of interface design, speed, and functionality. But with the competition from Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera getting stronger on all these measures, outperforming Chrome on multiple benchmarks, and implementing innovative features and standards support, the dominant search company's lead is narrowing. That's not to say Chrome isn't evolving: Google has added capabilities aplenty to its browser over the last few versions, such as voice search and desktop Web apps. And Chrome still surpasses other popular Windows Web browsers in some speed measures and in new standards support. If you're very concerned with privacy, Chrome isn't the browser for you: The first thing you see when you install it is a Google login page, and that means data collection. Chrome also trails other browsers in powerful privacy features, such as Internet Explorer's Tracking Protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope I was of some help...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 07 24, 14, 12:04:50:PM » Reply

Jim, which version of IE are you using?

Yes, Jigsaw, I have used the later versions of IE, both 9 and 10, and after they screwed up my computer thoroughly, spent hours removing them and going back to IE 8, which has a better layout and quicker functionality for me and especially for my husband, who fumbles around anyway, so having a straightforward way for him to navigate and find things means less foulups on the cyber box.

Even at work, there was a move to IE 9, but it wasn't compatible w/ many of our internal programs, so the company shed it almost overnight...one day it was there, then I came back one Monday and it was back to IE8...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 24, 14, 01:08:20:PM » Reply

I use chrome on my mac...love it.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Is Google Chrome worth the move?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory