Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 10:03:37:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653426 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: 39 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: 39  (Read 1064 times)
KensanIV

« Reply #12 on: 05 18, 14, 10:16:29:PM » Reply

First of all, Good luck!  I would suggest that for awhile that you go down the steps backwards... It will put less pressure on the knee. just hang onto the railing and back down.  I believe you'll find it easier to get down the steps. Don't back UP.. it would be just the opposite.

I know exactly what you mean about torture of the therapy... The VA would encourage us to take our pills about an hour or less before we went down for our torture session...aka...therapy.  And we had to do that twice per day. It would have been a relief to ignore my schedule for the therapy..I am happy now that I did stick to the schedule.

I've never been a fan of anything for pain other than the Alieve or Hydrocodine/Oxy contain.   I can't take the Alieve (Naproxen) because of a heart problem...it screws up the blood counts of being too thick or too thin...at times it is definitely a bitch to get old.. But when we consider the alternative...I guess it is acceptable. 

Anything else other than Naproxen or even Tramadol doesn't seem to help me a whole lot.  Forget ibuprofen unless I take about six of them...there is no difference in the pain level... So I would trade the knee pain for a stomach ache.

Stay active and try to be busy... it helps to ignore the knee and go on about your life. One day believe it or not, you'll forget the knee and all will be well...Oh, don't be alarmed if the knee makes a bit of noise like bones cracking...it is normal.

Good luck!  Ken
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #13 on: 05 19, 14, 10:05:02:AM » Reply

hey Ken... thanks for input...

my knees crack all the time now... both of them... I do stretches before I get up every time I do sleep...

and growing old takes it toll on all of us...

I just took my daily dose of ibuprofen and it's a pill these days...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #14 on: 05 19, 14, 10:12:17:AM » Reply

Thanks so much Ken that was so encouraging.  It's still early days for me yet and I felt yesterday that I had a big setback and I really felt the discomfort last night.  It's a new day and I'm going to take the hydrocodone and forget about trying to do without it.  It will help me through the PT sessions.  This too shall pass!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #15 on: 05 20, 14, 01:15:47:PM » Reply

Yes, keep saying that...this too shall pass.

If you give in to the pain and give up, your new knee will not set correctly and will cause more problems in the future.  It's a process, no matter how eager we are to get our lives back to "normal"...you have to learn there is a new normal.

As Thing 2 always tells me...

YOU GOT THIS !!!

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: 05 20, 14, 01:54:04:PM » Reply

Tell yourself pain is in your head and your knee is fine. :-) Works for me when my shoulder was so bad...now I can do anything I want again.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: 39
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About