Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:53:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit  (Read 793 times)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #24 on: 04 24, 14, 03:01:23:PM » Reply

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he told the Times' Adam Nagourney. That thing was that Bundy had driven past public housing and seen poor black people with "nothing to do." "And because they were basically on government subsidy … [t]hey abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?" Should you need a rebuttal for that last argument, I will leave it to The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates who points out, in short, that slavery was inherently cruel and unconscionably repressive.

you can see the same thing with teabagger/republican hillbillies in trailer parks with their confederate flags flying while they play dominos and cook up the crystal meth....or swap oxycontin for somebody else's road kill supper.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #25 on: 04 24, 14, 03:03:31:PM » Reply

Sad so many are afraid to admit that it is the truth.   Government slavery and racism.
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #26 on: 04 24, 14, 03:04:40:PM » Reply

Justify your anti slavery claims/stance with your support for Islam and the Muslims HOOTIE!!
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #27 on: 04 24, 14, 03:04:48:PM » Reply

Quote from: ttopcat on Today at 01:24:41 PM"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he told the Times' Adam Nagourney. That thing was that Bundy had driven past public housing and seen poor black people with "nothing to do." "And because they were basically on government subsidy … [t]hey abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?" Should you need a rebuttal for that last argument, I will leave it to The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates who points out, in short, that slavery was inherently cruel and unconscionably repressive.
you can see the same thing with teabagger/republican hillbillies in trailer parks with their confederate flags flying while they play dominos and cook up the crystal meth....or swap oxycontin for somebody else's road kill supper.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #28 on: 04 24, 14, 03:06:16:PM » Reply

Sad so many are afraid to admit that it is the truth.   Government slavery and racism.
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #29 on: 04 24, 14, 03:06:46:PM » Reply

Both of them?Huh?

Your Ma and Pa, right, Hootie???
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 04 24, 14, 03:16:27:PM » Reply

http://therightscoop.com/breaking-cliven-bundy-responds-to-charges-of-racism-the-statement-was-right/
Dardmex

« Reply #31 on: 04 24, 14, 03:49:30:PM » Reply

I seriously wish that you right-wingers wouldn't get hoosier daddy so worked up with your extremist comments.

http://www.dailykos.com  ...............  http://www.MoveOn.org
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: 04 24, 14, 03:51:57:PM » Reply

Hooty should have stayed on the farm and worked..,it builds character and integrity that he is missing... 
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #33 on: 04 24, 14, 04:49:34:PM » Reply

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cliven-bundy-racist-remarks/2014/04/24/id/567485/?ns_mail_uid=2143167&ns_mail_job=1565935_04242014&promo_code=bpvwkeoc

Dismissed...,

Ldy R.* 
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #34 on: 04 24, 14, 11:02:03:PM » Reply

Quote from: ttopcat on Today at 01:24:41 PM"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he told the Times' Adam Nagourney. That thing was that Bundy had driven past public housing and seen poor black people with "nothing to do." "And because they were basically on government subsidy … [t]hey abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?" Should you need a rebuttal for that last argument, I will leave it to The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates who points out, in short, that slavery was inherently cruel and unconscionably repressive.
you can see the same thing with teabagger/republican hillbillies in trailer parks with their confederate flags flying while they play dominos and cook up the crystal meth....or swap oxycontin for somebody else's road kill supper
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 04 25, 14, 09:38:47:AM » Reply

In 1807 Britain outlawed slavery. In 1820 the king of the African kingdom of Ashanti inquired why the Christians did not want to trade slaves with him anymore, since they worshipped the same god as the Muslims and the Muslims were continuing the trade like before.

Thousands of records of transactions are available on a CDROM prepared by Harvard University and several comprehensive books have been published recently on the origins of modern slavery (namely, Hugh Thomas The Slave Trade and Robin Blackburn's The Making Of New World Slavery) that shed new light on centuries of slave trading.

What these records show is that the modern slave trade flourished in the early middle ages, as early as 869, especially between Muslim traders and western African kingdoms. For moralists, the most important aspect of that trade should be that Muslims were selling goods to the African kingdoms and the African kingdoms were paying with their own people.

The kings would gladly sell their own subjects. (Of course, this neither condones the white traders who bought the slaves nor deny that many white traders still committed atrocities to maximize their business).

This explains why slavery became "black". Ancient slavery, e.g. under the Roman empire, would not discriminate: slaves were both white and black (so were Emperors and Popes). In the middle ages, all European countries outlawed slavery (of course, Western powers retained countless "civilized" ways to enslave their citizens, but that's another story), whereas the African kingdoms happily continued in their trade. Therefore, only colored people could be slaves, and that is how the stereotype for African-American slavery was born. It was not based on an ancestral hatred of blacks by whites, but simply on the fact that blacks were the only ones selling slaves, and they were selling people of their own race.

The Dutch were the first, apparently, to import black slaves into North America, but black slaves had already been employed all over the world, including South and Central America. We tend to focus on what happened in North America.

Scholars estimate that about 12,000,000 Africans were sold by Africans to Europeans (most of them before 1776, when the USA wasn't yet born) and 17,000,000 were sold to Arabs. The legends of European mercenaries capturing free people in the jungle are mostly just that: legends.

Slaves were just one of the many instances of mass exploitation: the industrial revolution was exported to the USA by enterpreuners exploiting millions of poor immigrants from Europe. The fate of those immigrants was not much better than the fate of the slaves in the South. As a matter of fact, many slaves enjoyed far better living conditions in the southern plantations than European immigrants in the industrial cities (which were sometimes comparable to concentration camps). It is not a coincidence that slavery was abolished at a time when millions of European and Chinese immigrants provided the same kind of cheap labor.

It is also fair to say that, while everybody tolerated it, very few whites practiced slavery:  in 1860 there were 385,000 USA citizens who owned slaves, or  about 1.4% of the white population (there were  27 million whites in the USA).

Incidentally, in 1830 about 25% of the free Negro slave   masters in South Carolina owned 10 or more slaves: that is  a much higher percentage (ten times more) than the number   of white slave owners.  Thus slave owners were  a tiny minority (1.4%) and it was not only whites: it was just about  anybody who could, including blacks themselves.

One can suspect  that slavery would have remained common in most  African kingdoms until this day: what crushed slavery in  Africa was that all those African kingdoms became colonies  of western European countries that (for one reason or  another) eventually decided to outlaw slavery. When, in the 1960s, those African colonies regained their independence, numerous cases of slavery resurfaced.  And countless African dictators behaved in a way that makes a slave owner look like a saint.  Given the evidence that this kind of slavery was practiced by some Africans before it was practiced by some Americans, that it was abolished by all whites and not by some Africans, and that some Africans resumed it the moment they could, why would one keep blaming the USA but never blame, say, Ghana or the Congo?

The more we study it, the less blame we have to put on the USA for the slave trade with black Africa: it was pioneered by the Arabs, its economic mechanism was invented by the Italians and the Portuguese, it was mostly run by western Europeans, and it was conducted with the full cooperation of many African kings.

To this day, too many Africans, Arabs and Europeans believe that the African slave trade was an aberration of the USA, not their own invention.

By the time the slave trade was abolished in the West, there were many more slaves in Africa (black slaves of black owners) than in the Americas.

Just more facts some hate...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory